PDA

View Full Version : Aw, man... That feeling when you realize you're out of razors just sucks.

Loretta
07-30-2012, 05:52 AM
Me: "Oh, I think I'll femme up today!"
*opens drawer*
*Sees that I'm out of disposable razors*
Me: "Dammit."

There goes any plans I had. So here I am, Hairy as a lumberjack. No fun.

Jolene Robertson
07-30-2012, 05:57 AM
:eek:Oh girl, just throw on a pair of short shorts and a tank some sandals your wig and make a run. Everyone will understand the urgency of it then. Just kidding :devil:

sometimes_miss
07-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Norelco 7310 electric. Use battery or plug it in and it will work even better. They go on sale periodically, got mine for I think about $30 on amazon. Not good for times when you want a perfect shave, but it's damn close. Don't bother with the more expensive models, this one can get your skin almost as smooth as Nair (although if you have sensitive skin like mine, you'll have to get used to doing it just right and shaving in the right directions for your particular beard; took me a couple of weeks. I've had it about 2 years now I think. Just remember to keep the skin pulled tight, or the blades will suck in the skin into the slots where the cutting goes on (ask me how I know, looks like road rash, OMG!). It's a multiple blade rotary. Replacement blades are almost as expensive as a new razor, so each time I've been tempted to just buy them, I made the better decision of getting a whole new razor (then again, that only happens about every ten years or so).

Cynthia Anne
07-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I couldn't live like that! That's why I keep two years of blades on hand at all times!

UNDERDRESSER
07-30-2012, 08:31 AM
Double edged safety razor, buy it with a sampler pack of blades ( they vary enormously. ) Can be quite a learning curve, you will bleed at some point, but no more than with disposables, but gives you a much better shave, it's way cheaper after the initial investment, and you skin gets less irritation.

Cheryl T
07-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Bulk shopping at the warehouse club for replacement blades. I always have 8 or 10 on hand. I can't use those disposables as they are like trying to shave with a dull knife.

StaceyJane
07-30-2012, 09:21 AM
No problem for me. Back in 2010 my oldest daughter was into extreme couponing and bought 1000 twin packs of Gillette twin blade razors. She had a coupon that gave her 85 cents more back than she paid. She made 850 dollars off of that and I got five cases of razors. I haven't bought a razor in over 2 years.
And I've still got 2 unopened boxes.

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Hi Lretta, You could've always broken a beer bottle and shave with that.
other than the face never leave home without an EPPILATOR.