PDA

View Full Version : Ok who else has done this

AngieStone
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Today I had somethings to do around the house so I put on a pair of black flats with a little bow on the front. Took care of what I had to do around the house, about 2hrs worth of stuff, then I had to run out and take care of some work business downtown. I jumped into the car an that is when I realized that I still had on my flats. Got out real quick and went back into the house and changed in to my male shoes, ouch. Has anyone ever been so comfortable in something that you just forgot you had it on.

Angie

outhiking
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Not yet, but I've had dreams like that many times.

Jennifer in CO
07-31-2012, 04:40 PM
I would never remember when I got in the car. If I'm that comfy in what I have on, it will be hours AFTER I've done things that I realize what ever it is I had on.
I was considering a similar thread (but different) and so can I add this? - is your wife/SO so comfortable (or used to) you wearing what ever that neither of you realize your wearing something you might not or shouldn't have. As you ask Angie, My wife and I went shopping for a couch and then out to eat one evening many many years back. I wasn't thinking about what I had on (it was comfy) and she was/is so used to me wearing what ever that she didn't even think about what I had on either. What might you ask? A poly-satin baby blue peasant blouse with smocked hem, white gauze slacks and earth shoes (and fully under-dressed but with my "A" forms in - I said this was a long time ago - like 1978 - before hormones) - no makeup. We shopped, bought a couch, went to eat and while sitting there getting ready to eat the waiter says "what would you ladies like tonight". It hit us both like deer in the headlights at the same time. She started giggling almost uncontrollably. We ordered, ate and went home. She didn't let me forget about it (in a good way) for months.

Jenn

Phoebe
07-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Many times even on purpose have gone out in woman's attire. Not many even noticed. But then the other day was grocery shopping, some of the shelf stock persons were standing in the way in the isle I wanted to go down, I tried to go around them. They noticed me trying to go around them without bumping them with the shopping cart and one of the men said "sorry mam" and moved out of the way. I giggled to myself about that the rest of my shopping in the store.

larry
07-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I had to giggle also Jennifer. I will bet that was quite the night . hehehe

KlaireLarnia
07-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Similar but not quite. I wear women's trainers at weekend - white with BRIGHT pink markings which scream "WOMENS TRAINERS" at you. Doesn't phase me or my wife in any respect and I cannot remember the last time I wore men's trainers other than to work.

I have gone out in women's slippers (bear in mine I am a size 10 my wife a 5, so anyone who knows us would realise they aren't hers). Any times I have gone out in women's shoes have been on purpose because I am at the point where I am no longer caring what others think any more.

AngieStone
07-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Jenn it is quite alright to add that. loved your story, it is good that you can laugh at it as well. Thanks for sharing.

Sandra1746
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
I got halfway to the local tractor store to pick up some parts before I realized I had on a Danskin exercise top; racerback style. We live in a VERY small town.

After a moment thought I decided WTH and proceeded with my errand. Nobody noticed that I was aware of. Maybe they had a laugh after I left but so what.

Sandra1746

Paula G
07-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Something similar almost happened to me. I was in the back yard (fenced in) when I heard the mailman come by. I was halfway to the front of the house when I realized that I had on my flats with capris. Did a quick u-turn and went in the back door to change...

AngieStone
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
That pesky mailman right Paula.
Sandra that is good to hear that you did not really care what others thought. I read on another post that someone would have a change of male clothes in there car for just such an occasion, but it sounds like you do not need that. Thanks

Noemi
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I am not the type to forget I have on female clothing. I go out on purpose with ladies jeans and tops on, some make up too.
I am glad you enjoyed your flats. It is fun being a girl.

I saw a young lady in pink pleated fitted shorts, flats on, the other day. She looked so pretty, great hair and make up too. All eyes were on her, it was remarkable. What was she thinking when she went out of the house.

Noemi

ronda
07-31-2012, 06:07 PM
yea i have done that the one time i had on lipstick and dangling earrings some women from one the chruch groups knocked on the door and not thinking i opened the door they took one look at me and have not come to my door in 10 years. another time i almost went to work dressed in fem shorts and top. Hugs Ronda

AngieStone
07-31-2012, 06:15 PM
Ronda if she has not been back in 10 year she must of thought the lipstick was the wrong shade for you. lol

bridget thronton
07-31-2012, 06:37 PM
I made it to work once with my navy heels on, no time to change so I had to wear them all day (no comments strangely enough, pants must have been long enough or people just don't care)

Princess Chantal
07-31-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't think I could ever be that oblivious to my crossdressing. If I can't differentiate the feel and/or look of a particular femme attire from my normal guy attire then it is time to toss the item(s) into the garbage bin.

Cynthia Anne
07-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Twenty plus years ago I went to get a haircut in male mode and forgot my hair was done up in pigtails! The lady that was to cut it was laughing when I walked in! I soon found out what she was laughing at!:o

Tracii G
07-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Normal for me I do it everyday.
At least you caught it before it was too late.

STACY B
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Normal for me I do it everyday.
At least you caught it before it was too late. Or was it to late ? Its never to late until you realize that they dont match your outfit ,,,,DOH,,,,DOH !!!!!

DanaR
07-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Last summer, I was wearing a cute pair of black sandals around the house most of the day. My wife was out of town and I thought that I would call a friend to see if he would like to go out and grab something for dinner with me. So I went over and picked him up and we went to a restaurant for dinner. About half way through the dinner, I happened to look down at my feet and saw the sandals. I told my wife when I got back home what I did and she just laughed. The sandals were feminine looking, most girls would have noticed, but other than my friend I didn't see anyone that knew me. My friend didn't notice either.

brenne
07-31-2012, 08:19 PM
I've often gone out to get the mail or apt. manager's office, and forgot I had my bra on - which wouldn't matter except these straps keep drooping down ... hee hee

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Angie, Been there and done that, once I got to work when I remembered I had on a pair of flats
lucklt I had another pair in the van.

docrobbysherry
07-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Another good reason to wear 4"+ heels, Angie!

U can't just, "Jumped in my car and forgot I had 5" heels on"!

Brittany CD
07-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Nope, never happened to me

Jilmac
07-31-2012, 09:04 PM
Yup, I wear studs in my ears all the time. Most of the time it's just rhinestone studs that work well in guy mode. But there have been times whae I've dressed and put my girl earrings in and forgotten to take then out before I leave the house. That big oops has happened to me a couple of times but I'm at the point now that it really doesn't matter.

Rikidee
07-31-2012, 09:35 PM
A few weeks ago I was driving around in the car in drab wearing a very cute pair of jeweled sandals. I stopped at a store and went in and while in the store looked down and saw my feet in my cute sandals oops! I just carried on and no one seemed to even notice. Hugs Riki

AngieStone
07-31-2012, 10:14 PM
I am glad to see that I am not the only one. From the sounds of it I might not even have to worry if I do forget. Sounds like not very meany people notice anyway. Stacy I guess I should make sure if I am wearing around the house that I match just in case I do forget and have to wear them around town. If I go down at least it would be in style! Loved reading all the replies, there are some good ones.

DeeArel
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I get so comfortable with what I am wearing that when I forget, I just keep on going.

Vladi
08-01-2012, 07:04 AM
I drove to the gasoline station fully dressed. Got out and pumped my gasoline. Got a couple of 'check her out' looks :O) Got back in the truck and drove home. It was exhilarating and lots of fun! I told this to a lady friend and she said that she doesn't even get checked out! I have the entire event on video :O)

Danielle Gee
08-01-2012, 07:09 AM
I once answered the door for the UPS man and noticed he was smirking at me. After he left discovered why, I was still wearing a pair of large hoops in my ears!!

Danielle

Beverley Sims
08-01-2012, 08:51 AM
When away from home Skinny jeans woolly boots and jumper, look is male mode.
Put a wig on and viola! Female. As easy as.
Sometimes I forget whether I have the wig on or not.
I go looking for bras and underwear and get the odd look because people can't make up their mind...Male or Female.
The wig works wonders for me.:)

Phoebe
08-01-2012, 09:36 AM
yea i have done that the one time i had on lipstick and dangling earrings some women from one the chruch groups knocked on the door and not thinking i opened the door they took one look at me and have not come to my door in 10 years. another time i almost went to work dressed in fem shorts and top. Hugs Ronda

Almost the same on church visitors. Was in female attire that day, lipstick, makeup, jewelry, skirt and blouse. Think they were Seventh Day Adventists as was on Saturday, I think that is the day they go out spreading their message. Anyway opened the door when they knocked, One of the visitors asked "Have you heard about Jesus?", I answered, "No what has Jesus been up to lately?" They didn't say anything more and went on their way. :heehee:

~Joanne~
08-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Almost the same on church visitors. Was in female attire that day, lipstick, makeup, jewelry, skirt and blouse. Think they were Seventh Day Adventists as was on Saturday, I think that is the day they go out spreading their message. Anyway opened the door when they knocked, One of the visitors asked "Have you heard about Jesus?", I answered, "No what has Jesus been up to lately?" They didn't say anything more and went on their way. :heehee:

lmao that is absolutely awesome!

Personaly I have never left the house wearing anything femme. So is the life of the closeted CD :)

BillieJoEllen
08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I believe I have only left the house on purpose wearing anything fem. I do on ocassion forget to take something off or put something away before my wife gets home.

AngieStone
08-01-2012, 01:38 PM
It looks like a lot of us get so comfortable wearing around the house we either don't care if they are seen dressed or say who cares and continues on their way. Good to see so many that are liking who they are and can just enjoy it. Love all the stories makes me feel a little better about who I am. Thanks Angie.

Monicamaryjay
08-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Well this happened to me just a couple of days ago.... the neighbour across the back lane from me (I live in a house) got out of her car and looked right into my kitchen. I had gotten up in the morning and put on black footless tights, my fem black peep toe ballet slippers and a simple black dress because I was feeling chilly.

I went into the kitchen dancing around, preparing my breakfast meal, and then I looked up..... through the open miniblinds ....I saw the woman in the lane out of her car staring at me!
The terrain here is hilly and her home is sloped and I think she and her family can see right into my kitchen...I think they can even see the slippers.. (I shall have to check on their view of me when I get up the nerve to face them.)
I feel quite embarassed about this because I just moved to this neighboorhood, (I live in a small town) and the neighbours only know me as a separated man.
I am retired and don't go out much so I suppose I could just let it go ..... but I like dressing up and I much prefer to have the morning sun and daylight in my kitchen. I suppose I could plant a tree after the firewood is moved, for the future, but for now.... I don't know what to do???
I am used to living in a big city like Vancouver, Canada where these things don't really matter.
Any ideas how to deal with neighbours in a small city of 80,000 in your own home?

AngieStone
08-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Monica big city here and I have trees all around me and houses are some what far apart so it is hard to see in, at least I hope it is hard to see in.

ronda
08-01-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't know if it was the lipstick or the earrings that sent them running from my door never to return Hugs Ronda

lucy two
08-02-2012, 05:16 AM
So Romda that's how I stop them coming to my front door interesting idea maybe Lucy can be fully dressed.

girlygirly
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I did my grocery shopping one day in a t shirt that said: "I'M A PRINCESS...all I need is my crown and my throne". At least nobody noticed enough to laugh at me or anything, but I was a little embarrassed when I got home and looked in the mirror.

julia ann
08-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Funny that the idea of forgetting should come as when I got home this evening was sitting in the living room with my son talking to him about his weekend plans, took off my shoes, was still to warm, so I removed one sock and oop's five little coral red toe nails popped out, he never noticed as he was more intent on his tv show than on actually conducting a conversation with me. I guess that can be a good thing sometimes.

psion128
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Nope. I'm pretty aware of what I'm wearing most of the time. I'm just glad I never had a goof up and get embarrassed publicly.

jackiebelle
08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
One day I was wearing pantyhose, a miniskirt and a tube top I had to go out to get something out my car in the parking lot of my apartment complex so I put on a t-shirt over the tube top, put on some jeans over the hose and slipped on some sneakers. The problem was i forgot about the miniskirt and it showed over the jeans and below the tshirt. There was a couple of people out in the parking lot but i dont think they noticed. Oh well, no big deal after all.

wilt575
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Today I had somethings to do around the house so I put on a pair of black flats with a little bow on the front. Took care of what I had to do around the house, about 2hrs worth of stuff, then I had to run out and take care of some work business downtown. I jumped into the car an that is when I realized that I still had on my flats. Got out real quick and went back into the house and changed in to my male shoes, ouch. Has anyone ever been so comfortable in something that you just forgot you had it on.

Angie

I am so comfortable that I don't give it a thought just get up and go, sometimes look in mirror going out the door and think for second go or no go! Another thing I like to do when lounging around the house when unsolicited sales people come to door,usually young magazine sales persons etc, is answer the door in bra and frilly see through top or string bikini swim suit. They usually leave with an excuse me wrong house.

NathalieX66
08-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I've become uncomfortable in my guys' clothes, but they are necessary for work, and runs to Home Depot.

I fear the day I forgot to take out my cubic zirconia studs while at work. I already took some ribbing for having shoulder leghnth hair as I work in a very conservative corporate environment, but it will stand, and i won that battle.

Clothing items of any kind don't excite me. Being the other gender when I can be makes me feel whole.

TeriAnn
08-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Oh yes it has happened to me. I went to my Mom's house as I always did on Fridays. She passed last Janurary.I sure do miss her. Well one day I went by to take her to the store, I had on 3 inch wedge heel sandals. I was so comfortable while driving I started to get out when I realized I still had them on so I did a quick change. She didn't know that I dressed

Jane-C
08-06-2012, 02:08 AM
I work from home so am femme most days but I usually don't bother with jewellery or make up. There are the odd exceptions to this when I know for a fact I wont be going out. We'll about a year ago I'm doing my thing when my workbench globe blew, needing for coffee anyway I took off the shirt I was wearing pulled on a pair of jeans and a drab jacket and took a walk to the supermarket that's 2 blocks away. I got the odd look from passers by checked that no femme clothing was showing and went in to supermarket. The checkout lady who I don't no well but recognise as I'm a regular shopper there also gave me a rather odd look but did not say anything. I took my stuff and as I was leaving saw my reflection in the managers office one-way mirrored window. Looking back at me was "Jane" clip-on earrings and all! Well I made it home in record time, thank G.d no one from the apartment block was around. Think I heart is in pretty good nick cause I'm sure I would have had one massive coronary that day if it weren't. Now always make a habit of doing a pre-flight check before leaving my flat, lesson learnt. I still shop regularly at the store and see the same checkout lady and she never mentioned a thing :)

Jane

elliemoss
08-06-2012, 03:38 AM
oh god ha thats always my fear going into work with lippy still on or heading into town with bra still on eeek. i always check about a million times after dressing never usually miss a thing

Jocee
08-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Yes.... and as a result try to dress as androgynously as possible. Almost all of my casual clothing are women's -- from tops, to bottoms, to shoes and undies. I don't think I've ever had anyone comment, and certainly had not noticed any furtive looks or giggles.....

AngieStone
08-12-2012, 09:41 AM
So glad to see that I am not the only one that this happens too, was thinking I was just getting older and more forgetful.

Rachel Morley
08-12-2012, 10:03 AM
I am not the type to forget I have on female clothing. I go out on purpose with ladies jeans and tops on, some make up too.
Me too ... except I typically only do this when I'm not at work ... so my "mistakes" have happened when I have gone to work. Things like: I forgot that my hoop earrings were in, I forgot to take off my fingernail polish once, and there have been plenty of times where I was still wearing mascara and eyeliner.

AngieStone
08-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Rachel you have forgotten all those time and still with us, guess it was not all that bad then. Thanks.

StarrOfDelite
08-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I have both ears pierced, and when I'm in Drab I usually go out with small studs inserted. However, I've found that pendant earrings are not only more femme, they are more comfortable, so I often wear them around my home. Since I tend to get preoccupied and forgetful, on a few occasions I've gone to the grocery store, or similar place, wearing some rather outre' earrings. For example, 2012 Memorial Day weekend I was wearing a pair of Native American handcrafted feathered and beaded pair that were yellow, green, red and blue, and about five inches long. I was just kicking back the whole long weekend, my legs probably had a fresher shave than my face, when I decided I had to make a run for supplies. Without thinking, I just hopped into the car and went grocery shopping. I didn't realize it, but I was walking around the Giant Eagle in cargo shorts, sandals, mostly smooth legs, a black Harley Davidson tee shirt, a three day growth, and femmy earrings. I got back to the condo, unpacked the groceries, and didn't realize what I'd done until I went into the lavatory to relieve my bladder and saw the pendants. I'm not sure if I was more disappointed or more relieved, but nobody so much as looked crosseyed at me the whole time I was gone, let alone said anything.

JackieInPA
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Mostly my forgetfulness is with makeup and earrings. 95% of my wardrobe is female clothes..a lot of them are female clothes that you cant easily tell are female. But i like to do make up and wear girly earrings. A few times, back when i cared, i had put on some eyeshadow or a pretty pair of earrings then later gone out completely forgetting about them and not noticed till i got home. Now a days eyeliner and mascarra are a daily thing and even some light eyeshadow at times. earrings are a pair of studs and hoops.

molly1985
08-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Back when I lived with my parents, long time ago I fell asleep with my womens shoes on. I forgot I had them on, layed down and fell asleep. All I remember the next morning was I heard from my mom, "What are you wearing." I did it on several occasions too, same talk too.

Ive never really left the house with anything on, I usually check before I walk out.

Kyndrie
08-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Best I've done is walk to the mailbox of my apartment complex and back in the dark. I was wearing a pair of Mary Janes and a trenchcoat (to hide my dress and tights). I can still hear the tell-tale clacking of those flats in the dark.

AngieStone
08-12-2012, 05:11 PM
But it felt good and sounded even better didn't Kyndrie, to hear the clacking of your flats.

NathalieX66
08-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I vow never to do housecleaning in men's clothes ever again.
I have a dear friend of mine , who is transitioning, said to me "wearing guys clothes is like acid on my skin" ......that became my favorite quote as of late. Whatever the context she meant, I'll apply it here. :D

AngieStone
08-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Nathalie I like the thought. If you have to do house work might as well have some fun while doing it right. You talked me into it!

linda allen
08-13-2012, 06:27 AM
My wife's big fear is that I will forget and answer the door in a dress (well a skirt) or something else feminine. Sometimes I pretend I'm going to answer the door when she is home just to see if she notices. So far I haven't but I can see at some point becoming so comfortable in female clothes that it could happen.

I do wear panties and an Ahh Bra most of the time in public so I have to remember to keep my shirt on.

daarleane
08-13-2012, 07:10 AM
If she saw you then, o.k. She saw you, now its time to move on and enjoy your mornings like you want. It would alert me though to be careful and if wearing a nightgown, be a lady and wear a robe. Preferably a very pretty one.

daarleane
08-13-2012, 07:18 AM
I am always conscious of what I am wearing " I thought". However over time things do happen. Sometime I care, sometimes I don't. Even though I live in a suburban setting I go to some of the same places pretty regularly. No one has ever commented other than my Grandson who noticed that my Sketchers were "shiny", of course he was correct, they were.

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 08:34 AM
In the past I would forget jeans and shirt.
Nobody noticed and these days not an issue