PDA

View Full Version : Is it in the genes??

femaletrouble
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
I was just thinkin could i or any one of us inheited this condition from our fore farther? just like we know sons inherit baldness from their daddy, so could it not be possible that this is a gentic manisfestion? so just think your great great gran daddy may have been wearin passion killer bloomers back in the day. i carnt remember if i read somethin about it on the net. or if it was in the books on that topic. or even if i dreamed it, but the concept behind the ideia in very thought provocking.

sometimes_miss
07-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I was just thinkin could i or any one of us inheited this condition from our fore farther? just like we know sons inherit baldness from their daddy, so could it not be possible that this is a gentic manisfestion? so just think your great great gran daddy may have been wearin passion killer bloomers back in the day. i carnt remember if i read somethin about it on the net. or if it was in the books on that topic. or even if i dreamed it, but the concept behind the ideia in very thought provocking.

Anything is possible, but it's not likely. Lots of people here like to believe that we're born to be crossdressers/gay/TS, etc., but so far there's no evidence to support it. At most, there's a theory that being exposed to more female hormones while in utero may increase the chances of some transgender feelings, but again, there's no solid evidence to really know. As we don't do experiments on human beings, I guess there's going to be speculation going on forever, or until we have more information about how our genes work together to produce who and what we are. But because there are billions of combinations, again, it's probably going to be a long time before we figure it all out, and they're going to tackle the lethal and crippling disease states caused by our genes before they ever worry about gender identity or sexual behavior 'disorders'.

Melissa Rose
07-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Saying being transgendered is hereditary is somewhat analogous to saying sexual orientation is hereditary. So far there is no evidence either is true, but who know what future research will reveal.

Cynthia Anne
07-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Yep, I've heard that before! I've also heard it could've been something in the milk! My doctor says it's because my soul belonged to a lady that died and now wants it back!??????????????????

BLUE ORCHID
07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi FT. , Is it in the genes??

I thought this was going to be another thread about wearing womens jeans.

docrobbysherry
07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe. If u started dressing at age 8 or so.

But, if u start at age 50+ like me? The answer will most likely be, "NO"!

Krista1985
07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Perhaps in time we will know with some certainty. I suspect there is a genetic link, but all I have is my suspicion. Due to the secretive nature of the activity itself it would be hard to determine. Especially in generations past when such behavior could result in shunning, stoning, electro-shock aversion therapy and all that jazz. I think many of our tran-cestors (giggle) played their hand pretty close to the chest, and so establishing a hereditary link would be difficult. The dead keep their secrets, and a lot of living sisters ain't copping to it either. I suppose we all have our reasons for secrecy, but society is tacking in the direction of 'more open and more tolerant' than in era's past. So maybe in our life-time science will be able to plausibly establish the hereditary link that many, including myself, believe is present.

The reason for my suspicion is stories about uncles and great uncles, cousins and others in my tree that exhibited CD behavior. I saw a picture of one dressed up for 'Halloween' once, and heard stories about this or that cousin that would always end up with some of his sisters stuff in his hamper/stashed in his closet. Some would call it a coincidence, but I think it's something in our genes.