PDA

View Full Version : I did something right with my eleven year old.

DaphneGrey
08-02-2012, 05:31 AM
My son who is eleven is playing one of the wickersham brothers in Sueciccle the Musical. He has been taking acting classes and this is his first role. I volunteered doing some costumes and makeup for the show. Last night I was chatting with my makeup team who know about me btw. When my son's name came up one of the girls said I wanted to let you know that one of mine he boys was giving Ben a hard time because his dad makes girl clothes and does makeup. She then went on to say. He just shrugged and said "yeah he does drag to and I think that is really awesome!"

suzy1
08-02-2012, 05:43 AM
"yeah he does drag to and I think that is really awesome!"

No it’s your son that’s awesome.

Katie83
08-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Thats nice that your son has such a mature attitude to your dressing as that he supports you too.
Katie

DaphneGrey
08-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Thank you so much ladies. He is really awesome, marches to the beat of his own drum. Both of my boys do. We never hid anything from them and at the same time never shoved it down thier throats. We raised them to be color blind and gender/sexuality blind. I am beyond proud of both if them.

bridget thronton
08-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you have done a great job with your kids

Kelli Ca
08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
What a moment and how very proud ypu must be I got goosebumps just now. Tell your son he is an amazing kid and give yourself a big ol pat on the back. Something right indeed id say

Tracii G
08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Sounds like you have raised some smart sons kudos to you.

Cynthia Anne
08-02-2012, 08:21 PM
That is one cool eleven year old! Shows he was brought up right!

DaphneGrey
08-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Thats nice that your son has such a mature attitude to your dressing as that he supports you too.
Katie

Thank you Katie, Part of it is that he is a very old soul with a gentile spirit. I watched him perform tonight. He handles himself on stage very well. He is mature beyond his years.

Amy R Lynn
08-02-2012, 09:15 PM
WOW! You have done a great job with them! Your son is by far very awesome. I think we all could take a queue from him. If someone makes light of us, just own it! It takes away the power that the other person is trying to use over us.

Debglam
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to you both! Your son sounds like a wonderful little boy!

Karen_K
08-03-2012, 06:47 AM
That is a great story! That is how I hope our son will be when he is that age (he is 16 months old now). Would love to hear about your experiences on what age to talk about it, how to approach it, and that sort of thing!

best,
Karen

Jenny Doolittle
08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Daphne,

Great job raising your kid! It is amazing how great a kid can be with out social and cultural bigotries being introduced when young.

sonna
08-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I think you're doing a great job and you have a great kids your are credits to society.
i hope you feel more than proud of your self because you deserve it.

you go girl.