PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing is wrong

Laura912
08-03-2012, 09:53 AM
The terms "crossdresser" and "crossdressing" just are not adequate. They leave partial dressers confused. They leave full timers confused. And they imply that somebody is angry. We are happy when dressed and maybe cross when not dressed. :) Need a better descriptor of what we all do. How about "Omnidresser"? "Omni" is a prefix that means "all" and so should fit all situations. Just wish it sounded a little more smoother. Opinions?

STACY B
08-03-2012, 10:19 AM
You Better Watch Out !! Got my leggs Switched for starting another catagory :2c: Alot of people say Crossdress ? But I think thats when you wear womans clothes an mens clothes from time to time ? So you cross . What happens when you dont have mens clothes anymore just womans ? If you dont Cross ? Then what ? I stay strait dont cross back into mens ,, So Im a dresser or not any thing at all ? Just Dressed I guess ? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Karren H
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
"all" would imply you want to wear everything? which one.. isn't the case and 2 is just as confusing....... how about "opgenatirrer" er......

Sandra
08-03-2012, 11:15 AM
How about forget labels :D

TeresaL
08-03-2012, 01:13 PM

I'm with Sandra on this one.

Mainly because I like to believe that inclusive trumps exclusive. I don't want to keep anyone out. My eyes are being opened to all the neat people I would miss if I excluded a genre. I'm just finding some of this out BTW, and it's a work in progress.

As for my label...
Somedays I'm drab then somedays I speculate, converse with, and dream of being TS, and it doesn't matter. In my Mind I can be what I want to be. I'm open though and governed by my family and associates, provided I want to keep them in my social circle. So I place a value and priority on what I may change into. In that sense, I can't be accurately labeled and don't want to be. I'm in male mode today, and for the moment, not even a crossdresser. But yet a crossdresser in another moment. It can happen. :-)

Personally, I'm enjoying ebb and flow.

Marleena
08-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Laura you're being a bad girl starting the label debate again!:heehee:

Remember all of us MTF's are transgendered!:D *runs for cover*

AndreaCD1963
08-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Whenever someone asks me, the "label" I choose is ...

Two-Spirited

And most get it right away. I'm a mixture of two spirits ... one masculine, one feminine. Sometimes I present as one, sometimes I present as the other, and yet other times I present with a blended combination of both. Likewise with my thought processes ... sometimes one, sometimes the other, but most times a blended mix.

It works for me ... IF a label is needed at all ...

EllieOPKS
08-03-2012, 02:19 PM
How about IETOS. Pronounced EYE - TOES
Stands for Its Either This or Streaking.

Amy Hepker
08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I am not a crossdresser anymore, I am Amy and that is the way I am happy, I do not want to be categorized, but if I am then I am Transgendered.

heatherdress
08-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Who cares about labels?

Lynn Marie
08-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh brother! This silly-assed discussion again. I'm cross and my dresser is full of lingerie. I'm in the closet with all my skirts, blouses, jackets and heels.

So that makes me a closeted crossdresser!

Phoebe
08-03-2012, 04:10 PM
How about the term "FEMULATE"? From Stana who blogs under that term http://www.femulate.org/ From her blog page, fem·u·late (fem´ya-lat´) v., To imitate, copy, or try to be like a female. Feel like a woman. Wear a dress! – Diane von Furstenberg, Feel like a woman. Wear a bra! – Stana, Theorize your own identity, and don't theorize anyone else's. – Helen Boyd

Cynthia Anne
08-03-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm a happy dresser! Labels belong on cans!

sometimes_miss
08-03-2012, 06:58 PM

I like that one. Call me a crossdresser, call me a transvestite, call me transgender, call me transsexual, just don't call me late for dinner.

Laura912
08-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Yep, it made more folks respond to the issue of labels and some with a bit of humor although one is a bit touchy on the subject. The net effect is to remind the lurkers and others concerned about labels or what they are, that it really just doesn't matter. :D

Taylor186
08-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Want to cross dress? Wear this.

Kaz
08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Nice response Laura,

New members to the forum also get to the category stage and some never grow out of it... sadly.

The bottom line is that we are all just 'us' trying to figure out who we are in the world and the universe and so on... and we are a broad community. From 'want to try on a thong' to 'want have surgery and become a woman'.... it is probably a normal distribution curve with the majority in the middle...

So how do you categorise a normal distribution? You really don't want to go there! There are lots of people (including me) who would love to do more serious research on this whole issue... we could develop categories through multiple regression and factor analysis, which would provide some quasi-scientific support, but I can guarantee that someone else will do the same research with a different data set and come up with different categories (been there done that - wish I had the tee-shirt!).

So.. why don't we accept that we are a diverse community who have a lot in common (i.e. the drive to wear clothes of the opposite sex/gender)... but within this community the motivations and desired outcomes will be different? We can the accept diversity and learn from each other.

We do not need more categories as they subdivide communities and ultimately erode the point of being here.

Sorry... rant over! :)

Kaz
08-03-2012, 08:15 PM

Oh... I would love to!

flatlander_48
08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Regardless of what is said here, the concept of Labels IS important. How we define ourselves IS important. Change happens. Our realizations of who we are often gets modified because we evolve. But, how do we know what to call it? Labels help in that process. Labels are a useful thing as long as we use them to facilitate understanding and appreciate the meaning that is being conveyed. However, THE LAST thing that we need to do is to use Labels as an excuse to separate us and marginalize us. That's why people are afraid of Labels.

How WE define ourselves is VERY important. We must not have anyone else putting forth a definition of who and what we are. We should do this for ourselves.

RADER
08-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Why the Label? I dress as In want to. As a man outside, and as a girl inside.
Now I guess you can say that I am inside out. LOL
Lets just say,k dress as you want to dress, and enjoy life a little.
Rader

Beverley Sims
08-04-2012, 05:14 AM
Yes I agree cross dressing is a waste of money.
I just got rid of a lot of old suits, shirts, shoes and other stuff I don't wear any more.
After recycling, I think they will be in Goodwill's trash bin next week.:)

Laura912
08-04-2012, 06:54 AM
It is an interesting bit of human nature dealing with labels. Often patients would have a vague group of symptoms. If they were told that they would be watched till something developed, they were uncomfortable. If they were told, you have XYZ syndrome, they were more relaxed and almost comfortable with it even if there was no treatment. Having a diagnosis seemed to make them much happier. For some it is the fear of the unknowing. It takes a bit of confidence to do as Heather says, and forget about labels.

Teri Ray
08-04-2012, 08:24 AM
I think labels are important. If we didn't have labels how would you tell the difference between a can of pork and beans and a can of peaches?

Cheryl T
08-04-2012, 08:39 AM
You're right Teri, and that's just where labels belong...on food and clothing, not on us.

Sandra
08-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh brother! This silly-assed discussion again.

We get these questiions come up ever now and then.....I assume that when you were a relatively new member these discussions weren't silly-assed. Have a little patience for new members.

Ashley D.
08-04-2012, 04:02 PM

I can't wear that I have curves lol

Ashley D.
08-04-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't use labels for people. But there has to be a way to describe your self. I have always liked the term
T-Girl.

BLUE ORCHID
08-04-2012, 04:27 PM
H Laura, You are not trying to re-invent the WHEEL are you??

Kaz
08-04-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't use labels for people. But there has to be a way to describe your self. I have always liked the term
T-Girl.

My advice is to go with what you feel comfortable with, but bear in mind that others will have different labels for the same... C'est la vie! We always need to look beyond the labels to find the real person.

Kate Simmons
08-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Well, I know who and what I am. The bottom line is that if others don't know who and what I am, they will find out soon enough.:battingeyelashes::)

xdress
08-04-2012, 06:10 PM
The terms "crossdresser" and "crossdressing" just are not adequate. They leave partial dressers confused. They leave full timers confused. And they imply that somebody is angry. We are happy when dressed and maybe cross when not dressed. :) Need a better descriptor of what we all do. How about "Omnidresser"? "Omni" is a prefix that means "all" and so should fit all situations. Just wish it sounded a little more smoother. Opinions?

How about grossdress, grossdressing and grossdresser?

Sapphire
08-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Transgendered is a fairly inclusive term - and probably covers most users of this forum. On the other hand it is all too tempting to become obsessive about labels and hypersensitive when one is attached to us that we don't like. Besides, they also tend to go out of date. Words changes - and so do we.