PDA

View Full Version : First time buying

Shadowgirl89
08-04-2012, 04:50 PM
I went out yesterday to buy some bras and panties for the first time. I was extremely nervous and emberassed to be buying women's underware and was hoping the cashier wouldn't confront me about it, I could tell that she could tell I was nervous and she looked a little upset at the fact I was buying them, I think she could tell they were for me but then I remembered something I read on one of the threads that said some thing along the lines of: No one has the right to ask you why your buying what your buying or who it's for, your business is personal. After she rung me up she asked me if I wanted her to try to find a black bag so I could hide it and told the standard white see though bag was fine and gave me simle. If it for this forum I don't if I could've ever gotten the courage to out and buy my one female clothes

RainyNightGirl
08-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Well done, it feels great doesn't it. Now you have started just make sure your closet is big enough for all those high heels, sandals, pumps, peep toes, wedges.....oh see what I mean.

Hugs
Natasha

KlaireLarnia
08-04-2012, 05:00 PM
I have been buying female clothes for many, many years while dressed in male clothes (which is how I assume you where dressed). Even now I still get a little nervous if I have to be served by a person rather than use self service check-outs when I am in a supermarket (which is fairness is where I get a lot of my female clothes as I can go in at 7am when it is almost empty and use self-service check outs rather than have a member of staff handle what I am buying).

You did right in your approach. Act like it is nothing out of the ordinary, be your normal self and all will be fine. I have bought things and had check out staff mention that they liked the look of it and I just replied with casual comments along the lines of "yeah, I think it looked nice too which is why I had to get it today". Instantly defuses any tension/scarcasm from the operator.

Well done again, wait for your next time it will be a breeze now :)

stacycoral
08-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Good for you, after a while,it will not bother you purchasing women things, enjoy feeling girly

ClassyOne
08-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Hello Femme Friends,

I too am a newbie, just finding out how many nice colors are in the world and the nice names for them, along with getting some nice phone advice from a professional woman (I mean by phone not that other way). I was going to go into Victoria's Secret at the mall but as I checked their website for ideas I found some great bargains and the overnight mailing was only $17 extra, so I have several ways to put outfits together and was really pleased especially with the on-sale summer shoes that I guessed size 11 which they had no problem and they turn out to be about a half size too big but I think that is better than a half size too small. So, just saying hello. I live near Toronto so will go there to get some makeup tips from a woman who does it all week and on the weekends the CD's get together there to dance to mp3's and go out on the town together. My heart will race faster than a prom date.

My question would be, if anyone might know and can help, is on hair removal. I have strawberry blonde hair which is nice and curly but still everywhere. I took a picture of my first heels with my sexy stems and mini skirt (feels good to get some air up in there, by the way) that I will use as my avatar. Sorry that my legs are still fussy but it will give anyone who might offer advice about how I am doing so far. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Love ya all,

ClassyOne (my goal is in my name, lol)

PS: Congratulations First Time Buying, I am glad things went OK. I had to talk to women on the phone at VS and I am sure they could tell by sizes what the deal was and when you register they ask your gender and you can say, man or woman or I prefer not to say (my answer and that says it all probably). They were OK but wanted to make sure I was for real with an address check on my bank card call to my bank. The mailing box was mostly unmarked by just using the address of the warehouse and no company name but I don't think we should care, if we can, about if people figure anything out, to a degree. There are some close-minded people out there who do not understand that genetic men have an X chromosome too to go with their Why? chromosome and we should explore that side. So, sending love again and apologies for any dumb jokes like that Why? thing that makes me laugh so don't be offended if it is not universally funny. Bye for now.

ClassyOne
08-04-2012, 05:29 PM
Well done, it feels great doesn't it. Now you have started just make sure your closet is big enough for all those high heels, sandals, pumps, peep toes, wedges.....oh see what I mean.Hugs, Natasha

So true! And I know nothing yet about makeup and handbags and keeping windbags from hitting on me if I ever get good at this. Loves ya.

Anne2345
08-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Nicely done, Shadowgirl, and good for you! The more you go out and do these things, the easier it will become. Eventually, you will begin to realize that it is silly to feel the fear and nervousness that you currently feel. In the end, no one really cares. Businesses are there to make money, and our money is no different than anyone else's money. Even moreso, store attendants that have been around a while have seen it all. In my experience, they have all been pleasant and accommodating. Particularly if they are working on commission. LOL!!

You have overcome a serious hurdle here, so you should feel pretty good about yourself, and you should be proud of your accomplishment. This is no small thing. There was a day not so long ago that I never, ever thought I would be able to do something so simple as buy female garments in a store. Thankfully, I was wrong about that. I was wrong about many things, actually. I can do these things, and I do do these things. And now you are beginning to do them too! Great job!!!! :)

cinderellaman
08-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Good for you!!! It does get easier. I go in now, and just say "I like these" and go to the cash register. I have found that the older sales girls are more understanding.

Octavia1990
08-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I went out yesterday to buy some bras and panties for the first time. I was extremely nervous and emberassed to be buying women's underware and was hoping the cashier wouldn't confront me about it, I could tell that she could tell I was nervous and she looked a little upset at the fact I was buying them, I think she could tell they were for me but then I remembered something I read on one of the threads that said some thing along the lines of: No one has the right to ask you why your buying what your buying or who it's for, your business is personal. After she rung me up she asked me if I wanted her to try to find a black bag so I could hide it and told the standard white see though bag was fine and gave me simle. If it for this forum I don't if I could've ever gotten the courage to out and buy my one female clothes

Congrats Shadowgirl! I have bought things like cosmetics and fake lashes from Target. I think I'm finally at the stage where I could give a rats azz if the cashier or customer behind me starts to weird out. I think they are really embarrassing themselves by making a big deal. Next time go in there like you own the place because any sense of fear or nervousness can be picked up. Confidence and the right attitude go a long way! Happy for you! You go girl friend! LOL

STACY B
08-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Well done, it feels great doesn't it. Now you have started just make sure your closet is big enough for all those high heels, sandals, pumps, peep toes, wedges.....oh see what I mean.

Hugs
Natasha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lordy,,,,Lordy,,, Feels Just Like Yesterday ,,,The Moment you said Big Closet ,,, I can remember it like it was 2 seconds ago ,,,Back when I hide all those SWEET HEELS !!! An Sweet they were ,,There Long gone now ,,, But all of there replacments are in the new Closet ,,, But whats so much better is they all stand Tall an out in the open for me to see daily an rummage threw at will . Gone are the days of having them all Smashed up in a bag or box an hidden ,,, Way to much trouble to dig out ,, Now I can gaze upon all of them several times a day when Im picking my pairs out for the day . Baby Steps ,,,,,,,,,,,,, SO TRUE !!!

ronda
08-04-2012, 06:59 PM
that is a job well done Shadowgril i have been shopping for myself for a long time if any one comments i just say i hope i got this right just getting what she told me to get she can bring it back if its not can't she then they become very helpful and try to explain the size difference beteen JR, Miss, and womans they don't know that she is also me works every time Hugs Ronda

Cynthia Anne
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Good for you young lady! I can still remember my first time! That was fourty plus years ago! It gets easier each time!

JamieQ
08-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Yay!!! Hopefully I will be shopping again after a summer leave of absence. It does get easier! Amanda

Pexetta
08-04-2012, 08:52 PM
The worst reaction I've had from sales assistants is barely concealed surprise. And several times they've gone out of their way to put me at my ease.

The only thing that puts me off is the occasional funny look from other customers while I'm browsing. But it doesn't put me off enough to stop me buying the clothes I want.

BLUE ORCHID
08-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi SG. , You are so young now it gets easier the more that you do it..
One little thing that you can do is get a cheap birthday card with your things.

Sarah27
08-04-2012, 11:43 PM
I was in college when I bought for the first time, it was a thong jeans tank top and bra. I just did it with a line full of people trying to act natural like nothing was wrong, and nothing happened. But now 5 years later I have to walk the store 3 times to make sure I don't know anyone and still chicken out most of the time since this is a resort town and most people know me here cause I work at the biggest grocery store in the city.

Gillian Gigs
08-05-2012, 12:12 AM
You have the right to live your life as you see fit. The only thing that could stand in the way of that is if it is doing damage, or hurting someone else. "Don't tell me to clean out my closet, until you have cleaned out your own, thankyou very much!" There is your response to the busybodies sticking their nose into your business. Now, go shopping and enjoy life.

Silmaril
08-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I've gotten to a point where I realize the sales staff is at worst nervous but quiet and respectful; it's a lot of fun though when someone is actually pleasant and conversational, and that's not unusual. At this stage, I'm generally more nervous about timing things so I don't have to stand in line with other customers. The store can control what it's employees say, but they have no control over the shoppers. It's worth noting though that I've never had trouble. It's probably a bigger risk in my head than in reality.

Shadowgirl89
08-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Thanks too all I really need that support to keep my confidence while shopping :) and all the nice comments don't make me feel so alone and depressed or like freak

bridget thronton
08-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Well done - shopping can be theraputic

jackie k
08-05-2012, 04:45 AM
I totally understand the nervous. I swear it gets 20 degrees warmer in the womens area. And I'm pretty sure I'm spotted as a pervert cuz I'll hover aroud for an hour and not have the nerve to pick anything out. And when i do pick something out I'm almost at a trot to get out. But you know what? I keep going back.

Annaliese2010
08-05-2012, 10:41 AM
What a rush, eh? You should have asked her out just for the helluvit ;)

Anne2345
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
What a rush, eh? You should have asked her out just for the helluvit ;)

LOLOLOL!!!!

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!! I love it! :rofl:

Lynn Marie
08-05-2012, 11:47 AM
I've been buying lingerie and other feminine products for my lady friends and for myself for years. The ladies love pretty bras and panties that make them look good. The SA's will think that you are a very cool guy for buying lingerie for your lady..................or even for yourself!

k lynn
08-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Shopping does get easier over time I now go into Victoria Secret and when a sa asks if she can help me I take all the help I can get just be truthful women can read you like a book shopping is fun going one day this week Got my $10.00 card for my birthday being an angel was its rewards plus k lynn needs a new bra

Allisa
08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Good job.I was just at the store,one of those large shopping club stores to buy my groceries and I thought I would buy some more panties and bras,when I got to the check-out not a word or look from the cashier but found my femme things sitting on the top of my cart where the person who checks before you leave could not miss them.Coincedence?Maybe,but who cares.Just feel good about yourself and enjoy.Your money is good,and they want it.It truly does get better.