PDA

View Full Version : a poem from my autistic step daughter

jackie k
08-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I asked my wife to ask our daughter if she knew what a crossdresser is and if she would write a poem. She has a hard time comunicating verbally, writing is her thing
Understand
Never seen, yet you don't know, don't get it or understand.
Some inner flower flies from inside. Undescribed, yet there.
Dumb unwritten laws that should have been, yet are ignored.
I walk a narrow line ignoring your judgemental looks.
Not seen, under my skin, under my eyes, behind everything you see.
You all won't get me....but I always will
Faint, yet crisp, like the perfumes in the air.
I don't regret,or have any. So why worry.
Why scream and cry and shreak when happiness is right here!

The only thing my wife had to explain to her is why its not ok "to the general public" why its not ok to dress how ever you want. A credit to the understanding and openmindedness of my wife, and how she raised her children. I wish I could have been as fortunate.

ronda
08-04-2012, 07:03 PM
thats fantastic Hugs Ronda

KarenS
08-04-2012, 08:33 PM
You are fortunate to have a wife that is open minded and a daughter that seems to have more common sense and fewer prejudices than a lot of us adults.

Starr
08-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Your daughter is a very special young lady.. Her words are very direct, and very understand.. a special young Lady indeed.

rocketscientist
08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
That's wonderful Jackie. My niece is autistic as well and she loves her aunt Tonya. I'm not sure if its a universal thing with autistic people, but all that I have known have no prejudices. Thanks for sharing, Tonya

bridget thronton
08-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Wonderful family you have

erica2
08-05-2012, 12:08 PM
That is incredible. There must be a lot of thought tied up in that girls head that is just in need of the right question. Nice work by the Mom!

I am Erica2

S. Lisa Smith
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Wow, great poem!!! She shows amazing insight!

LaurenB
08-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Autistic spectrum folks like your daughter are a gift. They are such beautiful and real people. Blessings.

Marleena
08-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Jackie she did a great job on that poem!:)