PDA

View Full Version : have you ever had surprising reactions at front door?

PrettyFlowingGown
08-04-2012, 05:31 PM
While at home, I'm a woman all the time. I'm very private, and only my accepting close freinds are aloud to come into my sanctuary. But now and again, i get a occasional knock on door from a parcel delivererer or a mormon, etc.
in the mornings on days off, i like to spend as long as i can, in my gorgous long satin and lace nightgown and long silk robe. while in my nightgown, jehovas witnesses have been and i've actually invited them in, and had a chat, and they had no prob with my attire.
recently, a mormon came to my door, quite good looking too and was in awe of me!!! i'm serious. we had a chat at door, but he loved my nightgown and even commented on it saying it was beautiful.

Tracii G
08-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I bet he thinks he is going below when he dies now having said that to you.

BLUE ORCHID
08-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi PFG. I have a friend that drives for United Parcel and he told me
that absolutely NOTHING suprizes him any more he said that he's seen it all.

PrettyFlowingGown
08-04-2012, 10:07 PM
i get parcels a bit, so the parcel people have seen me in a variety of satin nightgowns. i've had the odd look, but the last cuppla times they have'nt cared....
my real estate owner has seen me in my nightgown n robe a cuppla times, and a technician came here oneday to fix something while i was in silk attire. he was actually a bit envious, i think.

linda allen
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
There was a recent thread where the OP's postal carrier refused to deliver packages to the home because she (the postal carrier) didn't approve of the way the OP dressed.

Surprisingly (to me), many of the forum members sided with the postal carrier, not the forum member.

I don't answer the door dressed. We all have our reasons for doing what we do and acting as we do. I don't want to embarass myself or my wife by opening the door in female clothing. I'm certainly fine with anyone else doing it.

sandra-leigh
08-05-2012, 03:23 PM
I had one...

My previous postman retired, and on the day of his retiring he happened to end up with parcel delivery duty. His very last parcel delivery (and thus last public duty as a postman) happened to be at my house (something for my wife.) I answered the door, and he remarked on his retirement, and shook my hand, and said that it was special that it was my house he ended at.

Now, I never even knew the name of that postman, and never had conversations with him beyond the occasional "Hello" if I happened to see him go by, or the idle weather-related chit-chat. He was someone who did his job, and did it well enough to not be noticed, and otherwise was not someone I "knew". And so I couldn't think of any reason why my house would be considered special.

All I could think of (then, and now) was that the postman himself was a crossdresser or gender variant, and so ending at my house was special because I have been so open about my dressing, and have in effect taken my neighborhood from public gender variance being pretty much unknown, to it being unremarkable.

ArleneRaquel
08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
About 3-4 years ago I answered the front door fully dressed enfemme and the UPS gut call me "sir", it was very disheartening. :sad:

Rachel Morley
08-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Wow, that sounds pretty amazing and you sure are braver than I am. If I am en femme at home and the door bell rings, my wife always answers it. I'm not scared or worried about strangers but I would be concerned if any of our neighbors knocked on the door, which does happen from time to time.

PretzelGirl
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Well, there was the time that the police shined their flashlights in my back, sliding door while I was sitting there dressed. It turned out my daughter thought there was a prowler and didn't decide to clue me in.

JohnH
08-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I make it a point to always wear street clothes (en homme or en femme) when I am up. My wife on the other hand likes to lounge around in a nightgown. So I am the one to answer the door.

One time I was wearing a floral maxi-dress, and I answered the door for a group of Mormon "Sisters". I simply said I was not interested and that was the end of the encounter.

John

lucy two
08-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Thankfully I have not had that happen yet although when at home I am always Lucy, sooner or later somebody will come to the door and then I have to decide will I open the door or lose my nerve only time will tell.

linda allen
08-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Wow, that sounds pretty amazing and you sure are braver than I am. If I am en femme at home and the door bell rings, my wife always answers it. I'm not scared or worried about strangers but I would be concerned if any of our neighbors knocked on the door, which does happen from time to time.

Same here, neighbors. We have one we're pretty close with. We get each other's mail when we are away, I help him with projects and repairs, he helps me with yard work, etc. Others come to the door from time to time as well. When I'm home alone, I have male clothes ready to slip on quickly.

My dressing is between me and my wife. If I go out, it's going to be far from home.

kimdl93
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm en femme at home pretty much full time and often have people come to the door; no evangelists yet, but many a delivery person. So far, no one has reacted the slightest. Perhaps, like medical professionals, the delivery folks have seen everything there is to see.

linda allen
08-10-2012, 06:06 AM
........You see, in my excitement I had just run to the door and onto the porch...

Just be glad you didn't accidentally lock the door behind you! :heehee:

I've done that before (not dressed) so now I have keys hidden in strategic places.

katie_barns
08-10-2012, 06:55 AM
I have never had an unexpected visit to my door. Since I live out beyond the sticks I seldom get a car down my road much less someone stopping. Years ago I did do service work and had a lot of residential jobs. I think I have seen it all too. After a while I learn to expect the unexpected.