PDA

View Full Version : Curses, foiled again...

Sometimes Steffi
08-05-2012, 09:34 AM
I take yoga, and the class is always predominently girls.

The air conditioning in the yoga room isn't very good and the yoga room gets very hot. My yoga pants are a knit pant, and very hot, so I wanted to find something cooler. I guess guys aren't supposed to take yoga, because you can't buy yoga pants for guys.

Oooh. That sounds like a good excuse to buy girl's yoga pants for guy mode. Well, most girl yoga pants are too girly. If my wife caught me wearing them, there would be hell to pay. So I found these girl's mesh athletic pants that were cool to wear. I picked out the male-est color - black with a royal blue stripe, instead of a pinkish red stripe. They were a capri or crop length, which is a good length for yoga, and I thought would be OK with my wife.

But. noooo. Are those girl's? They must be girl's. No men's pants would come with a crop length. Yadi, yadi, yada.

Then she got on my long finger nails.

I was pretty pleased with myself because I had finally gotten all 10 nails to medium girl length, maybe 3 16ths into the white. The were kind of buffed, a little bit pointy and looked nice and girly.

Long story short, I changed my pants immediately, and gave them to my wife to throw out if she wanted to, but hoping that she wouldn't. And I cut my finger nails back to guy length.

She had just very reluctantly let me go out with the gurls, so I did it to keep peace in the marriage.

Annaliese2010
08-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Good move, Steffi (and that was cute to read) :battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
08-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry Steffi,
Like Communism, 2steps forward 1 step backwards.
Be stealthy don't show your anger and things might progress albeit slowly.
Above all try and not pull the wool over your wife's eyes.
Most women have acute eyesight when needed.:)

prettytoes
08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
I also take yoga classes due to back and neck problems...it seems to be the only thing that has helped. It is a small class consisting of 4 women and 2 men. My wife knows about my dressing, and I wear yoga pants and capris around the house all the time. As much as I would love to wear them to class, I don't. Yes, they would be far more comfortable, and easier to do the various poses in, but they are not "made for men". I am closeted, and no-one other than my wife and one old friend know of my dressing. Let's face it, most people don't approve of men wearing women's clothes in any situation. I chose not to push the boundries for many reasons. I do shave my legs, and I don't hide that. Yoga pants or capris would be past my personal limit of comfort (for now, anyhow).

I went to a large yoga class one time and it was 21 women and me there. While many of the women were great, a few made me feel very uncomfortable and un-welcome with the funny looks I got. I was there to help myself to heal, not to gawk at women in tight pants (the ones that gave the "hairy eyeball' were NOT the ones I would have been looking at anyhow!). I never returned to that class, and found an instructor that offered smaller classes with more personalized training.

I'm sorry to hear that your wife is against what makes you happy. My wife isn't crazy about it, but as long as I don't go overboard, it's OK here.

KaTanya
08-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Certain forms of yoga are specifically designed to be done in a hot room, so the AC not "working well" may be by design.

Maybe get some athletic shorts, the kind with the material that wicks away moisture.

Annie D
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Steffi, Adidas puts out a men's light weight capri length sweat pant that are suitable for what you are looking for. They are black with the 3 white stripes down each leg and made of polyester with no cotton. They have a "painters" pant style front pockets and one back pocket. They are loose fitting to give you room for the boys when you do the feet together and knees apart stretch. I have a pair and although I have not worn them to my school, our boys' soccer coach wears some all the time and no one says anything. Good luck finding a pair.

If you can't find what I have described, wear a pair of capri length running tights and a pair of loose fitting cotton gyms shorts. Both are available at your nearest sporting goods store and if you want to save a couple of bucks, try Target but you might have trouble finding them long enough. The shorts should have leg openings large enough for crotch shots so you can tell your wife you need something under them for modesty's sake.

Good luck!

k lynn
08-05-2012, 12:38 PM
I wear a black pair of yoga pants to the gym no one has said a word like the way they fit and feel

Eryn
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Here you go, mens' crop yoga pants:

http://www.amazon.com/Inner-Waves-Mens-Mana-Pants/dp/B008KTI078/ref=sr_1_3?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1344198033&sr=1-3

Men are wearing pants of all lengths these days, except perhaps for short shorts. I see crop-length pants in the men's department of Kohls, Macy's and other stores. I've been in lightweight cargo Capris in male mode all summer and so far nobody has rioted. They are so much cooler than jeans!

It's just silly to define all pants that end above the ankle and below the knee to be the province of females only.

BLUE ORCHID
08-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi Steffi, My wife has been getting on me about my nails to .