PDA

View Full Version : Ma'am ed today, but not typical...

Barbara Ella
08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Wife and i went out for dinner today to Smokey's, a new bbq spot we like. BBQ meatloaf was fantastic with the deep fried mac and cheese, but I digress.

Cute waitress comes out and takes our drink orders. Brings the cornbread out, brings the drinks out, we ask her to give us a minute. She comes back to take the orders.......

Wife orders. Waitress is writing the order down, and without looking up says, "and what would you like tonight Ma'am. I catch my breath, look at wife who looks inquisitively over her glasses at me, as if to say "what the hell are you doing?" This lovely young thing looks up from her pad, and says, Oh sorry sir."

OK, I was in total drab outward (panties and anklets hidden). Wife has been concerned lately if I thought feminine actions were creeping into my daily male life. I was not aware, but maybe yes, after this.

Most likely just a common slip by a busy waitress, but there are some of us who would hope not. She did get a good tip. And I did get a little rush.

Barbara

bridget thronton
08-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Always nice when it happens

Tracii G
08-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Nice when one sneaks up on you.

Eryn
08-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I had a similar experience a few months ago:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?172480-quot-Hello-Ladies-quot-in-male-mode!

Jolene Robertson
08-07-2012, 05:06 AM
That's so cool when it happens, isn't it? If only she knew.

Hugs
Jolene

Cynthia Anne
08-07-2012, 06:22 AM
That's pretty cool Barbara! It always has a nice ring to it!

BLUE ORCHID
08-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Hi Barb, What a rush I can just picture the look your wife gave you.

katie_barns
08-07-2012, 07:11 AM
I agree with Blue Orchid. I would have love to have seen your wife face on that one. Had to be great.

STACY B
08-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Happen to me to ,,The other day at a local clothes store ,,, That SA Said an how are you ladys doing today !!!!!!! HEAVEN ,,,,Im in Heaven,,,,,,WOOOOOO,,,,,,,,HAAAAAA,,,,My plan is coming together ,,,YAK,,,,YAK,,,,,YAK,,, :devil::devil::devil:

Leslie Langford
08-07-2012, 10:55 AM
You're lucky you even got a "Ma'am" or a "Sir", regardless of the fact that the waitress got it wrong the first time.

Nowadays, "You guys" seems to be the normal mode of address by wait staff, especially among the younger ones. That's really gender non-specific ;).

Patrice_CD
08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the club Barbara! We're fb friends so you know but for others reading here, I'm constantly being referred to as maam, her, she while out with my wife. Sometimes shes ok with it and other times not. All depends on what I'm wearing. It is fun!

kimdl93
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't know what to make of that other than a simple mistake. I do recall that your wife is less than fully-supportive. So, if you're feminine mannerisms are that obvious, maybe the two of you need to talk a little more.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Happens to me a lot while in male mode, it's one of the few occasions I will actually smile and blush. It's a good feeling.