PDA

View Full Version : Out with my wife today.

KlaireLarnia
08-07-2012, 06:48 AM
Well today has been interesting...

My wife had a hospital appointment today and because it was not at our local hospital, I took a day off to take her and so I could hear and listen to what was said as she an issue that has the possibility of making her blind if not treated right and controlled. Today was an update appointment and hence I wanted to be there. As it is the summer term we got a friend with a daughter the same age as ours to take her for the day so we could be at the hospital as long as we needed.

Anyhow, we got up and as I have the day off I dressed in female clothes as I would normally. It was my hope to venture out in them if I got no objections or requests from my wife - it is always her who decides the level I can dress outside of the house and rightly so, as I never try and pass as female.

As everyone else got up and dressed I put on a female sweated top to give a nice casual look and got no disapproval from my wife. She is very vocal when she is not happy with my dressing and when I need to tone it down or cover up. I had a bag with my essentials in it and I had already placed it in the car ready as again I have been out with a bag and her before (Albeit covered by a jumper normally).

We left and she was fine, dropped our daughter off (with me staying out of sight in the car) and then headed for the hospital. During the journey we spoke as always, normal talk for us. She passed comment about a photo of a youngish boy in women's underwear that some of her family back home had been making fun off, saying she posted a comment saying that even real men need to express themselves and their softer sides at times (apparently making no direct reference to me, but it was obvious her reference was towards me). I took that as a compliment. Otherwise the journey was perfectly normal and like any other 30-40 mins trip we would take.

At the hospital we parked up and got out, she made a laugh about me having a bag but again did not ask me to leave it in the car. So in we went... walked into the hospital holding hands and giving the (correct) appearance that we are happy together despite how I looked. Noticed a few odd looks but nothing major. We went up to the ward where she was being seen and was there about 2 1/2 hours during which nurses dealt with her and myself, the consultant spoke to us and other members of the public saw us. We where both very comfortable and focused on what we where there for and now how people saw me.

After she was finished we again walked out of the hospital the same way - holding hands and talking about what we learnt etc. Got to the car park where I had to get the parking ticket out of my bag, remove my purse to get some money and pay the parking charge (all in front of about 10 other people), she stood close enough to me to let others know she was with me as I did this. They we got in the car and left.

On the way home we where hungry so stopped in a McDonalds we knew we would pass. Again in there with my clothes and bag and again she was perfectly comfortable. I heard a few giggles and comments behind us from some kids which I shrugged off and saw no adverse looks or concern from my wife. Afterwards we carried on home, stopping at a localish large 24hour supermarket to get some bits - again I walked in dressed as I was but this time without my bag but my purse in my sweat top pocket. Again no issues as we walked around, or when I stopped at an ATM outside to get some money to fill my car up with Diesel.

We are now home and I am still dressed as I was. She has been wonderful today and bar the occasional giggle she makes when I wear/have something she has not initially spotted, she treated me exactly as she does when I am in full male clothes. Anyone who saw us could see we where loving and happy partners - which is absolutely right.

It is days like this that you truly appreciate what you have and the people who love you for being the person you are and not the person that you are expected to be.

I give you my wife: The most wonderful person in my life.

daarleane
08-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Lovely story. i am not sure nothing really happened, after all maybe it is all of us that are going out that is causing global warming. sorry about that, just couldn't resist. The more of us who go out, the more common it becomes. It doesn't need to be accepted by everyone, it just needs to become an everyday thing.

bridget thronton
08-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Is good that spouse is showing signs of acceptance - good that you supported her at the hospital

KlaireLarnia
08-07-2012, 01:10 PM
Lovely story. i am not sure nothing really happened, after all maybe it is all of us that are going out that is causing global warming. sorry about that, just couldn't resist. The more of us who go out, the more common it becomes. It doesn't need to be accepted by everyone, it just needs to become an everyday thing.

That is how I kinda see it in some ways. I think the more men who go out in female clothes but presenting as male the better as this will help us acheive what we want - the ability to wear any clothes we want in public without fear of what will be said/done. People are more shocked by my shoulder bag than my clothes and that causes the most stares and comments, so it does show how opinions in the UK are becoming more tolerant.

The more I do it the more comfortable I get. That said I still know when to respect the wishes of my wife as i have just been told "I am sure you can leave it all behind for a few days can't you" in relation to what clothes I am packing for a family weekend away soon. While I would rather not, I want this to be a good break so it will be left behind. I know the only things I will get away with our my trainers as I can walk for miles and miles in them and my socks (which will be hidden by jeans). Past that I go with what she wants and that is perfectly fine with me.

All in all tho I am really happy with today and my wife has made me realise once again that what a wonderful woman she really is.

BLUE ORCHID
08-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Tat was a great story I sure hope that everything will be ok with your wife's sight.