PDA

View Full Version : Your female voice

Tracii G
08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I know some here have problems when going out if they have to use thier female voice.
Some say they don't have one but if you work on it you will find it.
There are lots of YT videos dealing with this and a few websites too.
My female voice is pretty much my regular voice just a slight variation.
Mostly I use the upper portion of my voice box to get a more feminine tone.
Its still a bit deep but by using that portion it brings it up to a more feminine range I feel natural speaking in.
By using hand gestures and emphasis on words as women sometimes do it seems to work for me.
My Brother called one night and I was expecting my GF to call I answered hello in my femme voice well I thought Oh crap! so I said excuse me I will call him to the phone.Whew! that was close.
I answered hello and had a normal conversation with my brother.
I have a southern accent so don't be too hard on me.
This video is several years old and short but you tell me if it sounds feminine to you.

Well the video won't play sorry about that I'll try another method.

NathalieX66
08-07-2012, 10:32 PM
My voicemail on my cellphone and workphone sound female....scares the living daylights out of me....."wow. I
sound like that??!"

StephanieC
08-07-2012, 10:40 PM
I took a class for the summer on femme voice. They talked about sending the sound more from the front of your mouth rather than from the chest. That, and raising the pitch a bit (to about 185...that's about a F below middle C). I found it interesting that they also inserted some lessons on other femme attributes besides speech.

Tracii G
08-07-2012, 11:24 PM
OK lets see if this works.
I have gotten better this was several years ago.Again I just found this clip on a disc and thought I would share it.
It may help some to get to work and find their voice.
Click on the pic and it should start or take you to PB.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/th_MyMovie.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/?action=view&current=MyMovie.mp4)

lexie89
08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
i play online games and communicate with skype and people always ask me are you a girl ?
but to me it does not really sound like a girl voice

iv trained my voice by playing karaoke. started singing in mickey mouse voice the first few weeks and then it just kind of got to a point where people in game were asking me if i am a girl.

what i do is i do not raise my pitch that much but raise the tone in the middle of words and kind of fade the words at the end instead of raising the tone at the end like i do when i talk with my male voice

Tracii G
08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Lexie I think its more how you present the words than the pitch like you said.
I have femme mannerisms anyway and people always figure I'm gay so using my hands most of the time helps to take attention away from the pitch of my voice to some degree.
I clicked on your video and it said private so I couldn't see it.

lexie89
08-08-2012, 04:12 AM
aw ya i forgot it set it to private xD there iv changed it to public

toering63
08-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Tracll, love your voice. There is something about a girl with a southern accent.

erickka
08-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Ya sound good to me too Tracii! I too love a gal with a little southern drawl.

Paula_56
08-08-2012, 05:32 AM
OK lets see if this works.
I have gotten better this was several years ago.Again I just found this clip on a disc and thought I would share it.
It may help some to get to work and find their voice.
Click on the pic and it should start or take you to PB.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/th_MyMovie.jpg (http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/scat52/girl%20pics/?action=view&current=MyMovie.mp4)

Sounds good, I'd say you are there.

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Hi Tracii, You could've fooled me.

April Lyn
08-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Sounds great to me! I was wondering, I just reciently purchased "Finding Your Female Voice" by Andrea James, which is a video and audio program for voice feminization. Have any of you heard of it? tried it? results?

- April

kimdl93
08-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I'm practicing the techniques you mention and while I don't think it's quite there yet, I can hear some progress. Just raising my normal tone up the scale a few has made a dicernable difference.

Tracii G
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Sounds great to me! I was wondering, I just reciently purchased "Finding Your Female Voice" by Andrea James, which is a video and audio program for voice feminization. Have any of you heard of it? tried it? results?

- April
I did a search and found a few websites dealing with voice feminization and practiced it for a few weeks and found my comfy range.
I have used it out and about and never had a problem so far knock on wood.
Anyone can do it just takes practice.

Beverley Sims
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Sounds good to me.
Mine is a bit lower.......

Mathilda
08-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I gave my female voice a whirl the other day, and it sounded ridiculous! I have an english accent, however when i raise my voice a tone or so i sound American, and i'm talking a really bad American accent! I have a long way to go...

Tracii G
08-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Mathilda if you try to raise it still relying on the lower portion of your voice box it will sound funny.
Finding the middle range is what you need to work on.
Accents OMG I have one goofy accent.LOL.