PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you ride bicycles as ladies!

Alice Torn
08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Do any of you ride your bikes as ladies! Do you ride a mens bike or girls bike? I have never considered it, as i am six foot six! I have ridden a "girls'" bike a few times, and like that there is no bar, which can be in the way.

STACY B
08-08-2012, 11:51 AM
EVERY DAY !! Mans bike ,,, But I ride daily an its great ,,Early morning an all by my self ,,, Got the run of the streets ,,,lol,,, Outta my wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

katie_barns
08-08-2012, 12:05 PM
NO! I sold my bike to buy a Dress I just had to have. lol

prettytoes
08-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I ride every morning wearing a sleveless shirt, sports bra (usually pink), and normally I wear low rise socks with pink or pastel blue or purple tops (women's argyle sport socks). When it's cooler, I have a women's running top that I wear; it's bright neon green. The men's tops didn't come in any bright colors, and I wanted to "glow" in the dark. As soon as it's dark during my entire ride (I ride very early morning), I will try a ride in my running skort.
I do not ride in obviously femme clothing, but I know it is and that's what counts! It just doesn't feel right when I ride without a sports bra on, and the women's socks are much more comfortable and keep my feet cooler than men's.

StarrOfDelite
08-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I ride my bicycle a few times a week on fairly long rides varying from 7-8 miles to 25+. If I'm starting off from my home I usually ride in drab, because I don't want the neighbors to start bothering me with stupid questions about who was the girl I saw riding your bike. If I'm going to a trail head somewhere, I sometimes will ride in drag.

Tips on riding in drag.

Sweat makes eye makeup run.

Wigs are hot, and get smushed by the helmet. I wear a pony tail clip instead of my wig and it flows out behind me very sexily, or so I've been told. I have a metallic blue helmet which I wear in drab, and a pink helmet in drag. They don't cost much, about $25 +/- so you can have colors which match your outfits if you feel the need.

Always wear padded spandex shorts which will save a lot of soreness and chafing no matter which way you are presenting. Except for choice of color there really is very little difference between the two sexes. Female shorts tend to have a wider pad at the crotch, but it's not noticeable, and some women who have narrow hips prefer men's shorts for that reason. Buy bright colors, red, blue, yellow, lime green, orange, which are available for both sexes, and you can wear them in drab or drag. I have pairs in black, bright red, and a silver metallic blue.

It doesn't make any difference if you ride a boys or girls bike. Most serious women bicyclists ride boys bikes because they are more rigid and weigh less.

At 6 foot 6 you'll need a larger frame bike than most.

If you have the money available, buy a good bike, a Trek, or Cannondale, e.g., they are more fun to ride because they weight a lot less, and will have better components than the stuff you buy at Walmart or Sears.

Less weight and more rigid are the mantras.

5150 Girl
08-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I take an adrogenous aproach to riding, weathjer it be my Trek MTB, or my Specalized roadie. (both American labels BTW)

crystalbath
08-08-2012, 04:30 PM
i have never rode my bike en femme but i really want to, would need to do it really later at night so no one see's me haha

EllieOPKS
08-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I ride a girls bike. I think they got it backwards anyway. Why have a bar that can crush the fellas if you come off the pedals?

Amalthea
08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I ride my bicycle everyday to work. I find the extra padding on the fem panties help a lot with a stiff seat. LOL

BLUE ORCHID
08-08-2012, 06:17 PM
No, But I do ride a ladies bike with a basket on the front with my little dod in it.

Rikidee
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I ride fairly seriously so I have a mid level road bike and mountain bike. I ride somewhat androgenously, girls bike shorts, racer back tank, a little makeup, shaved legs and shaved arms. I have also ridden with my forms a few times and sports bra top. I have had comments like; "Look out for the lady on the bike". From a little boy "are you a boy or a girl". I was once mistaken for a girl that works at a park I ride in and was called by her name while carrying on a conversation with a guy. I am buying a special hair piece that is designed to wear under helmets, caps etc. just to carry the dressing to a higher level. These comments always put a smile on my face. Hugs Riki

Fordgurl
08-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I ride a lot. I occasionally ride in girl-mode but usually in the trails behind my house or in the late evening on the road when it's darker :P I have a non-sex-specific bike, a suped up Norco 125 with a low top-tube. Definitely saves dangerous situations!!!

JohannaSophia
08-09-2012, 01:54 AM
I am 6'7" and Spin 2 to 3 times a week, those bikes are unisex. I have never tried the girls bike frame on the road but when one needs a large frame and weighs around 200 pounds it might be a mite to flexible at high speeds.

I am surprised no one has weighed in one tucking to eliminate the spandex tights bulge, now that would surely require one of those fancy load the ischial tuberosities only seats!

noeleena
08-09-2012, 02:45 AM
Hi.

I used to ride over 300 miles a week not any more, now i did join our rideing group for a wensday ride & we had about 7 of us women & 3 guys, & some times a wee lad in a pull behind sulky .

Unforunatly iv had to give up as i injured my right hip knee & both shoulders & slightly internaly under my ribcage,

Though i have both male / female bikes the geared one is better & wider tyers, as a group & some are older than i we do any where between 7 to 10 miles & on one ride i had our grandaughter Dejarn with me & she did very well for a 9 y 7 m girl who's not done the ride,

Any way it looks like ill be off my bike for many months ,

...noeleena...

StarrOfDelite
08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Envision the geometry of a bicycle. The frame on a man's bike is a box with four sides. Very rigid. A woman's bicylce is like a picture hook. Not very rigid. A woman's bike will flex more, it will actually sway a bit from side to side, and won't last as long because of torquing stresses on the welds. It's also heavier because the tubing is often made of a heavier gauge in an attempt to offset the inherent instability of the design.

The thing with a man's bike is to buy the right size frame so that you can stand above the cross bar with a couple of inches of "landing space." Although not quite as severe, women also can get injured coming off the seat of a man's bike.

Alice Torn
08-09-2012, 10:41 AM
I have not ridden in drag yet, may not try it. I learned a lot here, though. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon B.
08-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Haven't rode in years but keep thinking about doing it again to help in losing some weight and toning my legs up.

Darline
08-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Yes, I ride en femme. I don't ride a ladies frame, I would break it too easily. For me the most enjoyable clothes to wear on my ride is a light, above the knee length skirt with plenty of extra fabric, and the top doesn't really matter. I've never had an issue with my skirt blowing up but it can get stuck on the horn of my saddle and tangle me up when I'm taking off from a stop or sitting back onto the saddle. When it comes to tucking if you're riding in a very up right manner it's fine, but I ride head down, causing me to sit rolled forward at the underside of my privates or on them if tucked (ouch!). The great thing about being in 'girl mode' on a bicycle is I'm riding too fast for people walking to 'read' me but not so fast to give anyone in a car enough time to notice either.

jamie-upstate
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I went Kayaking one day and found a nice sandy spot to go swimming. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Chickhe
08-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I've done it, I ride my usual male bike and my wife wanted the male bike frame, she only went for the female one because the color (blue) was nicer than the male frame. With the correct padding and all that spandex I can present a decent figure and my helmet really works well with my face shape. The only part I have trouble with is the hair...I use a cheap wig, but then I can't take the helmet off without spoiling the illusion.

BillieJoEllen
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
I ride 14 miles most evenings after dark. I always wear panties, most the time a bra and for outer wear I wear a woman's tee or woman's sweatshirt. I also wear leggings or a black panty girdle that resembles biking shorts. No one has ever said anything to me about what I wear.

Years ago I got all dolled up and took my wife's bike out for a few hours. It was fantastic but the big thrill was gone after about 10 mor 15 minutes because I started to sweat because of everything I was wearing.

sierra_g
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Yes, I have beach cruiser, but am saving up for a mountain bike that is at Walmart. Mongoose XR-75 26" 21 speed with full suspension - purple women's mountain bike. Only $135!
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19582542?adid=22222222227014734587&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13223787070&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

I need a bike I can ride with a skirt on, and this should do it.

shawn123
08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I ride my mountain bike every week. I usually wear a sports bra and forms, with a danskin sports-tank over it (not enough support for the forms in just the sports tank even though it has a built-in bra) women's biking shorts, boy-shorts and my cycling shoes. I usually wear a t-shirt over it all because I'm afraid I can't pass without it. NEver had any problesm, and I'm usually moving pretty fast anyway ;) I love those weekly rides.

Rachel Morley
08-11-2012, 11:30 AM
I haven't done it recently, and my hair in a pony tail and safely helmet makes me look like a dork but, but yeah, sure, cycling en femme is fun.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8578/cycling.jpg

Krististeph
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Sort of...
I am not brave enough yet to wear obviously female specific bike stuff, but I do like to put on some understated makeup.

1. Neutral or clear nailpolish
2. Wisp of eyeliner using eyeshadow and a dry chisel tip brush
3. Very Wang (usually) perfume
4. slightly tinted lib balm.

The clothes- usually a T or Tank, but male cut. Pearl Izumi shorts, female width clipless pedal shoes. When cools off a bit more i'll put on some underthings that i can hide with a jacket.

Other: Skating- Salomon's TR roller blades, ladies version(the ones Bonnie Blair recommended). I can usually feel quite comfortable wearing rather snug tights, and a T or Tank.

Okay, not about bike riding, but this bares recounting again…

One 50° day, I skated out to the library (6 miles round trip) to return a few DVDs. I usually go straight through the small downtown of our suburb.

This street borders the local theater building, and, ( I swear this is true :-) ) some 30-40 of the audience (young/college aged girls) were standing on the roof balcony of the theater for intermission, all at the edge, talking and watching the streets below. And what was the play / program they were seeing? The Vagina Monologs.

Perhaps the play had wound them up, no telling. It certainly did not hurt their actions of what happened next…

So here they are, all wound up from the show, and I come zipping down the street in snug black tights (unitard actually) and light wind breaker jacket, covering the unitard top. Somewhat unisex looking, but not particularly female.

Oh, I should also mention: When i skate, I usually do it speed skating style: Hands and arms behind the back to reduce drag (WIND drag, that is), bent into a medium to low tuck for further streamlining and to better take full strokes (LEG strokes, that is).

So i'm coming down the street about 18-20 mph. I'm watching the road and car, so even though kind of heard them, I paid no attention. Then they see me, and a number of the girls started cat calling at me, typical stuff like men do to women.

Okay- the tables are turned, hey, fair play, right? Of course. But it still grated on me that they were yelling at me while I was minding my own business. I've felt this before a few times, but not from girls. Now I really understood how rude and misogynist it it when men do that to women.

So, it’s ticking me off, but I don’t want to do anything uncouth or rude or let them know they got to me. I’m still skating tucked, and to do any kind of look back I’d have to un-bend and get stable, no good. So I do just about the only thing I can do in this tucked down position without losing balance. So far, all of this happens within about 3 seconds.

Unable to ‘moon’ them, I simply wag my rear a few times. Now stop and think about this- what is one of the tenets for women to deal with cat calls and verbal abuse? Don’t let them know they got to you. If you do, you just encourage the antagonizer(s) who get off on this kind of thing.

Well, I guess the girls kind of ‘got off’ on this acknowledgement. The entire rooftop begins screaming at full volume. Sounded like Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Lady Gaga had all shown up wearing nothing but Speedos. Holy moly!

Whistles, screams, yelling: “Baby! Shake it! Come back here!). I did ignore this second wave… I think I was the only one who did ignore it- the entire street and adjacent park (perhaps 150-200 people) stopwhat they are doing and look up to see what is happening.

At the stop sign about 200 feet later, I did a little pivot, faced in their general direction, and did a little bow, and resumed my way.

Pretty nice ego stroke, and done while in nothing but girls’ clothes, unisex looking as they were.

Don’t think it would have been the same on a bike, alas.

larry07
08-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I've only ridden once in a skirt, early in the morning when I was unlikely to be seen. I often ride underdressed, however. I love the feel of my forms bouncing in my bra, and love wearing stockings and garter belt - with each pedal stroke I feel the stockings pulling on my garter straps. If I'm in shorts, sometimes my stocking tops will show a bit, giving a touch of pleasurable risk.

Debglam
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Do any of you ride your bikes as ladies!

Alice, when I ride a bike, I'm no lady! :heehee:

Since we have so many sisters here from the UK, I will curtsy in the general direction of the Raleigh and Brooks saddle factories!

Seriously, we have a women's only ride here in the fall and I'm hoping to do the ride this year!

Hugs,
Debby

Jaidyn
09-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Road biking is a great excuse to shave your legs.

JohannaSophia
09-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I haven't done it recently, and my hair in a pony tail and safely helmet makes me look like a dork but, but yeah, sure, cycling en femme is fun.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8578/cycling.jpg

You look pretty nice there Rachel, you will be leading the Chase!

StephineUK
09-03-2012, 04:59 AM
i cycled about 20 miles yesterday around the welsh mountins but the only time i would wear girly clothes is winter time .. like tights under tracksuit pants to keep legs warm.

jeanine38
09-07-2012, 04:03 PM
I am buying a special hair piece that is designed to wear under helmets, caps etc. just to carry the dressing to a higher level.

What is the hair piece? Is it sold online?

jeanine38
09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
This is a great thread!

I'm a serious road cyclist. I do have some women's jersey tops but I only wear them if I'm riding solo. I always wear a sports bra, and to conceal it I wear dark jerseys with patterns. I don't wear forms and the bra has little to support so it doesn't look like I have breasts. There is a side benefit to wearing a bra- no nipple chafing!

There have been some rides where I have gone out with just a sports bra on top. That is so liberating!

cyndigurl45
09-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Well yes I do but then I do most everything these days as myself!!

Rikidee
09-07-2012, 07:42 PM
Go to headcovers.com and you will find a selection. Hugs Riki