PDA

View Full Version : Out and about with no safety net....

Kali
08-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I agreed to accompany my wife on a weeklong business trip, and we decided that there wasn't any reason I needed to bring anything male along. So I find myself out and about in upstate New York as my femme self.

I can work anywhere, so my mornings have been spent in the hotel with my computer and an Internet connection. My wife is working until 5 every day, so I spend my afternoons entertaining myself.

I'm not all that passable, if only because of my height and weight, but people have been pleasant enough, and most looks have been of the vaguely amused type. I get "Ma'am" quite often and when when my wife we are repeatedly referred to as "ladies."

As I was shopping at the Lane Bryant Outlet store yesterday the SA was quick to ask if she could open up a fitting room for me, and was happy to help me pick out a matching top for a bright red skirt I had decided to buy. She was very nice, and as I was leaving I heard part of a converation she was having on the phone that went "that's not an issue. We're open to 9, the store is quiet this evening, and you will be perfectly safe." Might be my perspective but I get the feeling that I wasn't the first man she had seen on the store ;)

My wife and I are having dinner at an upscale place this evening where I'll have a chance to wear the outfit I just bought. So I just got back from the local Merle Norman store, where the woman was more than happy to help me work up a look to go with my new outfit and I didn't even spend that much money ;). Her daughter (about 10 years old I would guess) kept telling me I was pretty; I told her that meant her mother was a magician and thanked them both.

I admit to being nervous, walking around on my own and getting read by teenagers and anyone who cares to really oo but so fsr it has been an anticlimactic exerience.
My wife asks me how I feel about it and I just tell her that's how I want it to be; not a special event,not something that we have to work around, not something hidden, just me being me and getting along in the world.

Four more days until we get back home; Friday and Saturday to be spent doing touristy things. I'll update as necessary, hopefuly first with a pic of my outfit for tonight :)

Lainie
08-08-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow! Do you want to transition to full time? You're giving it a trial run on this trip. A lot of us are envious of your wife's approval.

Sophia Claire
08-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, good! I'm glad that worked out for you so far. And I hope it continues to.

clairebostock
08-08-2012, 03:19 PM
well done girl you keep doing it ..

bridget thronton
08-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Very well done indeed - hope the rest of the trio is fun.

kimdl93
08-08-2012, 03:50 PM
What a great way to immerse yourself in life en femme. You'r wife is a great sport for supporting and participating with you. Enjoy the next few days.

Karren H
08-08-2012, 03:54 PM
according to OSHA..... you really don't need a net.... if you don't go over 6 feet or are tied off... or is that tied up?

Persephone
08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
It sounds like a very cool trip, Kali!

Please do keep us informed.

Enjoy! And be sure to give your wife an extra hug . . . and some flowers and chocolates and jewelry!

Hugs,
Persephone.

docrobbysherry
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Sounds like you're one girl who doesn't NEED a net! Good for u! I wish I could feel that way.

according to OSHA..... you really don't need a net.... if you don't go over 6 feet or are tied off... or is that tied up?
Careful, Karren! Now, you're venturing into MY playground! Specially regarding "suspension"! There r LOTS of rules about what u should and shouldn't do while playing with rope! Nothing in OSHA covers them either!

Eryn
08-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Careful, Karren! Now, you're venturing into MY playground! Specially regarding "suspension"! There r LOTS of rules about what u should and shouldn't do what playing with rope! Nothing in OSHA covers them either!

C'mon, the rules are quite simple, according to The Navy:

http://www.public.navy.mil/navsafecen/Documents/Photo/201-300/That%20New%20Air-Harness.ppt

Kali, thank you for your story! It sounds like you had a great time! I'm still a bit nervous without my safety nets (spouse, friends, etc.) but gain confidence every time I venture out.

Barbara Ella
08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
No safety net, but you better plan on packing a parachute, cause you are on a high that will cause damage if you come down too fast. Such a great story, and please give your wife a big hug from me. For those of us who desire this, it is a wonderful experience that you will treasure forever.

Hugs, Barbara

Holly
08-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Kali, you and your wife rock! As you continue your journey you will discover that your "look" is far less important than your level of confidence... let it grow! And as my friend Persephone said, recognizing the importance of your wife and acknowledging her contribution to your life is always in order :).

Kali
08-08-2012, 07:27 PM

I'm 6'4", does that mean I'm no longer OSHA compliant?

And a bad cell phone pic from dinner; picture the blouse with a bright red skirt ;)

Cynthia Anne
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
What a beautiful way to spend a week with your wife! The picture is lovely! Hope the rest of the week is just as great for you!

Ravin_nightshade
08-08-2012, 08:58 PM
What do you mean you don't pass? You look absolutely fabulous. I only wish I could look that good. Hope you have a great time.

Eryn
08-09-2012, 12:23 AM
Kali, you look very good. Thanks for sharing your picture.

linda allen
08-09-2012, 06:04 AM
That's a great story and I'm sure you're having a great time. Enjoy and hug your wife.

Marlana
08-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Kali, that's a cute top. Good for you, for going out and doing your thing!

wanagione
08-09-2012, 06:58 AM
I think you look great! I'm glad your wife is supportive too!

Taliya
08-09-2012, 11:13 AM
You are very brave, Kali. I think it is wonderful that you have taken this opportunity to fully explore life "en femme". Having a supportive wife is a blessing!

katie_barns
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Ok now I am so jealous. First that you can have the support of wife, and that top. It's too cute. I love shopping at Lane Bryant also.

Beverley Sims
08-09-2012, 02:03 PM
An amazing trip on your part.
When you have to get changed I bet it will be v e r y s l o w l y .:)

Kali
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Off to pick up my wife at 4, then dinner and a movie. It's nice just to be able to dress casually and not have it be an event.

RADER
08-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Karren; Please show her the ropes, after all you are the Engineer.
Rader

RADER
08-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Kali;
You look great, wish I could spend a week end like you did.
Rader