PDA

View Full Version : So I just gave a presentation ...

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 10:32 AM
... to my boss'es boss'es boss, en femme, and it felt fan-tas-tic!!

Of course, it was over the internet, from my home office and none of them could see me. :heehee: ... this was less of an "accomplishment" and more of an "I can't believe I'm able to do this" moment.

I've been telecommuting full time for about 7 years now ... I used to underdress at the office some, but working from home has allowed me a lot of freedom in terms of going all out while I'm at work (and have the house to myself). Sometimes I do day dream about some day actually going to the office and working pretty ... but hey ... baby steps!

Anyone else here work from home as well? Any amusing stories?

bridget thronton
08-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I write at home and program at home (dressed of course) still have to spend 4 days a week on campus for part of day

kimdl93
08-10-2012, 11:03 AM
I started working from home about three years ago, after underdressing at the office for a number of years. Needless to say, I dress full time while "at work". No particularly amusing anecdotes to share. I'm sure some of my colleagues would be astonished if they knew I was fully en femme on the other end of the line.

I try to treat each day as though I am going to the office, getting showered and made up, just as any professional woman might. And I try to stick with business casual attire for the day.

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Telecommuting sounds wonderful. Where do I sign up for that? I think I would have fun with it. Forget Casual Fridays, it would be more like Crazy Costume Fridays.

heh, I literally have no idea. I managed it through a cosmic alignment of the planets and hutzpah. Our company had gone through a seemingly endless series of mergers and acquisitions and it was pure chaos at the management level. I was responsible for developing and maintaining two key systems that ran the whole shootin' match. I took advantage of the chaos and went to my boss and said "I've got some family issues and I need to move across the country" (which was actually true) ... knowing full well this dude wouldn't be my boss for probably another 6 months ... and I was right ... but I managed to get him to sign the paper work, and I did it ... and ever sense then it's like "well that guys always been a telecommuter". Every once in a while I gotta travel, but I haven't set foot in a real office for like 3 years now ... which is sort of amazing :-)

Karren H
08-10-2012, 11:21 AM
You only assume they couldn't see you! lol Technology is a two way street!!

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I try to treat each day as though I am going to the office, getting showered and made up, just as any professional woman might. And I try to stick with business casual attire for the day.

I do this too (when I can). It's amazing how much nicer my femme work days are ... something about having that rightness of self chills my natural testosterocity out ... I seem to get along with others a lot better in situations where there's conflict (which is like 99% of the time lately).

kimdl93
08-10-2012, 11:41 AM
I do this too (when I can). It's amazing how much nicer my femme work days are ... something about having that rightness of self chills my natural testosterocity out ... I seem to get along with others a lot better in situations where there's conflict (which is like 99% of the time lately).

Same here. I do think I'm a better person to work with, far less adversarial and more empathetic now that I live as a woman. It may just reflect the relief of not having to repress myself any longer...

Stephanie47
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
As a retiree, the best I can do is doll up before I login and start banging on the keyboard, when my wife goes off to work. I guess that may be a little better than telecommuting. However, I do get to work at home too; cooking, baking, laundry, ironing, vacuuming, and all those domestic chores. :)

Clorissa
08-10-2012, 01:03 PM
When I work at home, I keep taking hair brushing breaks and can’t get much done. But I love to work on the laptop with my hair down, rather than stuck with the ponytail at work. I keep a hand held mirror and hair brush at the large house entry mirror so I can see the back of my hair for brushing. Just opposite the dining table where I have the lap top set up.

I pack gobs of leave in conditioner just to do my hair for a day on the laptop at home. After a shower applying a moisturizing conditioner, I apply the leave in conditioner with my hair still wet but not dripping. I put the leave in conditioner abound the outer fringe of my hair to smooth the ends. As my hair dries out. I turn the laptop on to start the day. But then I’m back at the mirror again to brush from the underside of my hair. This really extends out the hair length for the curly/ wavy hair that I have. Then I go back to try to make some more progress on the work document. But then this soon slows down and I‘m back at the mirror again. I brush the ends up to create a fringe of curls on the ends, frequently brushing from the top and bottom of the hair. A look at the mirror, and WOW, so pretty. Then I go back to the laptop and try to get somewhere. But this soon deadens out and I find myself planted at the mirror again. Looking at the back of my hair. So feminine. What a difference. It’s shocking to me.

I work at home no more than once a week because of low productivity. But at work the social contract, especially eye contact, is needed to confirm agreement on how to proceed on different tasks. And then remain part of the work team, If only I could wear my hair down at work. But then I wouldn’t get anything done.

All my best,
Clorissa

Veronica27
08-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I have been retired for about 10 years, but for the last 15 years of my working life, I was self employed along with my wife, and worked from home most of the time. This allowed me to dress fully for a bit longer than I had ever managed before, about 7 or 8 hours at a stretch. I tried to approach it as though I was a career woman heading to the office for the day's work, dressing as smartly as possible given my limited wardrobe. Everything had to come off before the arrival of the schoolbus in the late afternoon which placed some limitations on my dressing. I found that crossdressing helped to keep me focused on my work, as I was always a notorious daydreamer whose mind very easily wandered from the task at hand to my various hobbies, unless of course I was enjoying one of those hobbies. As I include crossdressing as one of my hobbies, it was a perfect way to ensure my work was completed, as my mind wasn't constantly drifting to thoughts of my next opportunity to crossdress.

Since retiring, I now have even more freedom to crossdress and for longer periods, since we are now empty nesters. However, it seems to lack a purpose without the psychological image of dressing to go to the office. Dressing casually the way most women do these days has little appeal to me, as the appeal of crossdressing for me is the total escape from the drab t-shirt, jeans and sneakers worn by the majority of both men and women. I want to explore all the other garments and accessories that our culture offers women but denies to men. Retirement has enabled my wife and I to attend a few crossdressing events, with the opportunity to be out among others, fully crossdressed and the experience has been fabulous. However, the downside is that something is now missing when I return to my "closet" and try to get dressed up with nowhere to go. Also the freedom of retirement, combined with closeted crossdressing, means that I am limiting that freedom if I decide to give in to the crossdressing urge. When I do give in, I limit the extent of dressing because I am constantly changing back and forth to do the simplest things like getting the mail, or working in the garden, or because neighbours and relatives are constantly dropping by. It still beats all the years I spent suppressing those urges for all the usual reasons.

Working at home, I had a few narrow escapes, but can't think of any amusing incidents.

Veronica

larry
08-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Careful Girls-Anyday now you may be asked to log onto a video conference or Skype meeting. hehehe

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I found that crossdressing helped to keep me focused on my work, as I was always a notorious daydreamer whose mind very easily wandered from the task at hand ...

I find this to be true for me too. I keep a little mirror by my desk, and when my mind starts to wandering, I have look over there ... catch a little glimpse of myself, have one of those "aaah, I like the way I look!" moments. That has a way of centering me, and putting me back on task ... somehow.

I know. That sounds incredibly vain ... I don't think that's the necessarily is though ... it just like ... I've spent a lifetime not liking what I see in the mirror (at all), and it's like ... a novel little hit of affirmation ... like a breath of fresh air when you've spent all day inside.

I dunno, but I definitely can relate to what you're saying.

I'm loving all these stories of retired work at home people ... CD/Trans or not, that is something you almost never hear about ... I guess because people who work from home don't have the same social connections that office folk do.

BLUE ORCHID
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I too like telecommuting to this forum dressed it's not the same endrab.

jillleanne
08-11-2012, 07:37 AM
And did you use a feminine voice to match the outfit while at work?

barbaraclothes
08-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Will soon be retired , have lots of plans to dress enfem a lot more often, the first item on the agenda will be to the nail salon for some acrylics.

Amy Fakley
08-11-2012, 11:25 AM
And did you use a feminine voice to match the outfit while at work?

That is a level of detail that I have not yet achieved
My "fem" voice starts out plausible for about one or two sentences then inevitably winds up slipping into cartoon character territory.
I'll get it together one day :)