PDA

View Full Version : First time out as full fem

sierra_g
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
My friend, a transwoman (full time for over a year), and I went shopping yesterday. I decided to go out as fem as an experiment. While this isn't my first time going out in makeup, or in a gender bending outfit, or something like that, it is the first time I have gone out in full dress. Capri's, pink top, nails painted, face done, hair done. I thought I looked really good, but I knew I wasn't fooling anyone. I just didn't care. I'm not going to stuff a bra, or wear a wig or anything. I'm not a cross dresser, as I want to go full time, and I am seeking treatment to get hormones. I am taking the steps.
My voice outs me. I wasn't even trying to hide it. I probably should've made an attempt, but I'm just not there yet. My transwoman friend hasn't even heard my attempts. I am honing it a little bit more every time I work on it.
Ok, enough back story.
Our experiences:
We were on bicycles. She came to my place, then we went to Ross. A few people gave some looks, but nothing was said. We stopped at Sears because they have a restroom that is easy for public access. Due to Idaho's laws, we went to the Mens. Within a minute, an older guy comes in and immediately turns around and leaves. We were both washing our hands. When we finished up, he and another gentleman walk out of the manager office across the hall and start following us. They didn't say anything. We didn't acknowledge them, we just left. At Ross, there were a few lookie loo's, but for the most part it was fine. Again, because of the laws in this state, I used the mens changing room. My transwoman friend used the ladies, but nobody batted an eye. She has real boobs and no fear in most situations.
We bought and left.
We ate at her place, then went to a mutual friend's place. On the way, we stopped at a gas station, and a girl in her early twenties looked at us and while laughing, said "OMG! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? and then started to go off to her friend about some random crap dealing with her trying to sound cool to her friends. Talking smack about dirty trannies and stuff. I had gone into the store after the OMG are you kidding me statement, and I didn't realize it was directed at us. I wouldn't have left my friend out to deal with it by herself if I had known. I had no problems in the store and even got the door held for me.
When I got outside, my friend was nearly in tears. It was hormone injection day, so she was a mess anyway. She didn't need that. I noticed she was down, so I asked her if someone there said anything to her, she told me. They were long gone, or I would've gone back.
No problems after that, except for the random starer.

All in all, a positive experience, and I am excited to go full time someday. Words don't hurt and we've passed some mean looking guys in groups and the worst we've gotten is a friendly nod (what the hell do I do when a guy "what up" nod's me? Girls don't "what up", and they don't smile and wave at everyone, what do I do?) or wave.

bridget thronton
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Glad you are able to take this in stride - sorry your friend caught the worst of it

sierra_g
08-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Glad you are able to take this in stride - sorry your friend caught the worst of it

It's hard to beat someone's ego when they are this happy.