PDA

View Full Version : is this something that happens all the time?

Angela Campbell
08-10-2012, 01:38 PM
This week I was able to dress up completely for the first time. Wig, makeup, dress, hose, nails, shoes...the works.

A strange thing happened. After I removed the wig and makeup, changed clothes and went to sleep....I woke up and looked in the morror. No the makeup was gone, no wig and I have short hair, but in the mirror was a man who looked....feminine...It shocked me a little. Even in mens clothes I look at my face and see female characteristics. Is this common?

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 01:42 PM
for me it is. I can't help but see the ghost of the femme me in the mirror from behind my dude face, especially after a long stretch of time where I've been able to be femme consistently.

sometimes it sets off a wave of depression ... the "pink hangover" if you will.

Amanda_P
08-10-2012, 01:49 PM
That hasn't happend but once I went to bed and got up the next day and went to the store in male mode and when I got back home I looked in the mirror and still had makeup on. Wondered why I was getting wierd looks.

Karren H
08-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Probably wishful thinking.... but you see what you want to see....

katie_barns
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Thats how it starts. Soon it won't be just your face. Your breast will grow, and your butt will spread. Dress like a girl and you will become one. Your doomed to be feminine all your life now.............................. LMAO

If it was only true!!!!!

Seriously. All I ever see in the mirror is the man. Even when I am fully dressed en femme.

Ravin_nightshade
08-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I think it has to do with residual self image. You see your self im the mirror fully dressed and identify with it thus your brain sees you as that so when you wake up in male mode your brain try's to find you in the male image you see. So it bends reality to make relative sense out of the difference. In other words you see what you want to see. I view my self as a 140lb female with long hair and a very nice backside but that's not what I really look like. Most people even my friends are intimidated by me... according to my so I am a very intimidating man both mentally and physically. Even though im 40lbs over weight and have poor posture she also said that me carrying my "FREEDOM OF SPEECH "RESTRICTED ITEM" out in the open freaks people out. The point is as people we are filly capable of neleiving what ever we want if you want to look fem you will. That not how every one sees you. It would be nice if we could see eachothers true selves. Then maybe people would be able to see how beautifully diverse we truly are.

Beverley Sims
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
It is either self hypnosis or whishful thinking.:)

NathalieX66
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I enjoy having a feminine side....whatever it is.

The guy thing, no matter how I like my guy self, isn't doing it for me. It's too limiting.

I honestly wish there was no such thing as gender.

Madam Rose
08-10-2012, 03:08 PM
No we all wish to be beutiful women. Even though I'm both mentally and physically male I do with I was a women.

Contessa
08-10-2012, 03:35 PM
This thread brings about another thread that should added to it to see who is feeling the same or might even change there mind. Remember the pill that would make you a woman if you took it. Would seeing yourself in the mirror as a fem make you now take the pill. Or Never. Hey I only see my sister and mom when that mirror is recording my likeness. It hard to believe that I am not already taking that pill. Isn't it pink that pill.

Tess

reb.femme
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Can't help seeing some of the femme me in the mirror, when I'm en homme. My eyebrows are thinner and shorter than they've ever been. Only re-growth will change that, and that is not happening soon I can tell you! :battingeyelashes:

While out for dinner tonight, my wife asked if I had trimmed my brows. What could I say? She just smiled!

Rebecca x

Kate Simmons
08-10-2012, 05:06 PM
We are who we are after all, regardless of what we are wearing Hon.:battingeyelashes::)

isela
08-10-2012, 05:15 PM
when i look at the mirror i try to see what i have feminine, like i wear earrings, my shoulder lenght hair, my lips . i always try to see deeper how feminine my face looks even if i m not wearing make ups or girly clothes . when i m alone i always think i m a girl . this helps me see myself feminine in the mirror too.

Kaz
08-10-2012, 05:26 PM
When I look in the mirror in male mode I see 'me'.. just as I am in all my ugly unattractive maleness. I am amazed how big the transformation is when I become 'Kaz'...

But... I have two computers in my home office and on the one I am not working on, I run a slide show of my better pics of Kaz. This may sound narcissistic but how Kaz looks in photos is now imprinted in my brain and this is how I visualise myself.

I still can't see her in the mirror in drab, but I sure do see her every day in my head, wherever I am!

IngeInCO
08-10-2012, 05:32 PM
When I look in the mirror in male mode I see 'me'.. just as I am in all my ugly unattractive maleness. I am amazed how big the transformation is when I become 'Kaz'...

That's awesome that you can make a great transformation!

Angela Campbell
08-10-2012, 08:55 PM
well I wouldn't say it is a 'great' transformation for me, but it is much better than I thought it would be. I will never look like an 18 year old hot chick, but if I lose a little weight and ever figure out the makeup I think I can look like a reasonable middle age woman. I hope.

Amy Fakley
08-10-2012, 09:10 PM
hey, just noticed that's your 10th post! Welcome aboard! :-)

and for what it's worth I'm in that same boat with you, girl ... I might not be a "hawtwee" but I think I can pull off "plausible age appropriate lady" (eventually) .... :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi AAL, I don't know about seeing a fem me but
when I'm all dressed up some times I can see my Mother or my Sister looking back at me.

The mind of a crossdresser is a powerful thing not to be taken lightly.

Angela Campbell
08-10-2012, 09:26 PM
I am glad you said that because I do see both my mother and my daughter in the mirror!!! Although my daughter is much prettier than I will ever be.

is the 10th post special?

Jilmac
08-10-2012, 10:43 PM
For me it's just the opposite, I get all dolled up, makeup, wig, earrings, the works. Then I look in the mirror and see that ugly male puss staring back at me wearing makeup, wig, earrings, the works.

Barbara Ella
08-10-2012, 11:45 PM
Our mind is a strange thing regarding what it chooses to remember. When en femme, we see the remaining male elements, and we focus on them because they detract from what we want to see. When we are en homme, we see the remaining feminine elements, and choose to remember them because that is what we want to see. I choose to enjoy the trace feminine elements and am beginning to see more of them.

Barbara

docrobbysherry
08-10-2012, 11:52 PM
Since u have photo in your posts, Almost, I have no idea if look fem or not.

However, that has NEVER happened, nor will it EVER happen to me!

Chickhe
08-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Ha Ha! Funny you should mention that. I can say the answer is no, but I'm getting better at noticing female vs male features and expressions. What's funny?... the other day I went out enfem, came home and fell asleep and when I woke up in the morning, I almost forget that I was still made up and when I looked in the mirror it took a few moments to register that the female looking back was myself...complete opposite of your case...usually I see a man with makeup on looking back!

Marlana
08-11-2012, 08:01 AM
When I look in the mirror, I always see the male me. When I try to do makeup, it doesn't get much better. I can still see me behind the makeup. If I can see it, so can others, which is why I'm destined to be the Queen of my castle.

Leslie Mary S
08-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I see me. both mail and female. a blend. I am destined to always wear wigs due to male pattern near baldness, (high widows peaks and a thinning of the hair on the back of my head).

Since the merging of the two mes I see just Me. I do look for the female me and study the image to see what I can do to make me more feminine.

Do to the shifting of things in the social situation of my home I have retreated to become the Captain of my pink ship called 'Closet'. Rarely does Leslie Mary Shy leave that closet anymore.

Hopefully she will be disembarking the ship for some shopping and entertainment - she also loves to sing Karaoke country songs.

So be thankful you see the Fem You.

Sarah Doepner
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I think it's kind of like the sculptor who looks at a block of marble and sees the statue within. Once we have done that particular transformation we can use our imagination to "see" what we have seen before. This type of visualization can be done without the mirror too, just close your eyes and imagine getting ready for a girls night out and you can be amazed at the detail you can find in your imagination.