PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blues

ReluctantDebutant
08-10-2012, 04:46 PM
A recent Post about Crossdressing and the Military has got me looking back on my own Army experience. Maybe not being able to crossdress then wasn't such a bad thing.

One has to wake up early in the military already. I'm sure glad I didn't feel the need to get up even earlier to put on makeup. And you just know the day you go out looking exquisite is the day the Sgt. tells you you're going on maneuvers and you're going to have to put on camouflage face paint.

The Army could one day become open to cross-dressing and authorized wigs. But you know that wig is just going to be in a high and tight style.

With all the running and marching the Army made me do I am damn thankful it wasn't in heels.

Long ruck marches are bad enough with a fully packed ruck. The lack of the extra weight from breast forms was a godsend. Although I think the bra could've been a neat place to carry extra grenades.

The Army has a different philosophy to clothing then do the designers of women's clothing. With women's clothing all the straps, snaps, and hooks are on the innerwear. While in the Army everything on the outside has straps, hooks, and snaps. I have been too worn-out just putting on underwear.

I would've spent my entire bonus money on hosiery. All the runs and snags I would've collected just crawling through barbed wire would not have been worth it.

Army laundry simply doesn't understand hand wash only. Satin and nylon would simply not have survived the starch or extra starch mentality of the Army. Sure I could've done my own delicates but sharing a shower with 2000 other men it would've been inevitable to get them mixed up with everyone else's delicates.

With all the digging, weapons maintenance, vehicle maintenance, KP, when the hundred other little jobs one has to do with their hands there would've been no way to gotten through a single day without breaking a nail.

Perhaps the military is on to something when it doesn't allow cross-dressing in its ranks. A cross-dresser really could never get any quality en femme time while on duty. It's probably best to keep your dresses packed away until leave or retirement.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Seems so Hon but once you go on leave, it's a different story altogether, no? ;):battingeyelashes::)

Sophia Claire
08-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I imagine this is why they make us wear uniforms on duty ;)

TxKimberly
08-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the giggle! I've gotta admit though, I did always wanna try the female uniform out! (and no, I ain't talking about the BDU's either!)

nvlady
08-10-2012, 09:12 PM
And just imagine jumping jacks in a mini skirt.

BLUE ORCHID
08-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi RD, That was a cute but probably true story.

Stephanie47
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Reluctant, I should introduce you to my wife who served in the Women's Army Corp. If you think women had a lot of fun, think again. You'd wish you were a guy.