PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite Colors?

Leslie Mary S
08-11-2012, 11:00 AM
I find that the public in general thinks all we CDers and T-people love that pinkish lavender color and 'Rainbow' designs.
For me I like all the basic colors of Red, Bright Blue, Strong Yellow, White white, and black, and a few pastels like pink and light green. I am NOT an earth tone Lady but can wear them well. Love Teal and bright Yellow but with my build and skin tone I can't wear them.

My drab male side likes Blacks with white or black T-shirts and or mono-colored long sleeved 'dress' shirts. And hates blue jeans.

Now what is your most Favorite color and why if you know?

When was the last time you saw a 'straight' male wearing a 'rainbow' colored T-shirt?

Kelley
08-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I really like blue. When I shop most of the clothes I buy are blue or have blue in them. I also love pink, I have a lot of pink panties and other lingerie.

reb.femme
08-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Hi Leslie,

For me, this is the beauty of a split gender expression, going beyond the drab.
I too am a black and white, jeans and t-shirt kind of guy, but Reb likes floaty, loose fitting, soft, coloured materials.

Blues, Purples and Orange tend to feature to spruce up those otherwise black and white femme objects. :o

I still like black and white as a girl but the lines are then more classic than male functional. Vive la femme! My life is a whole lot more relaxed en femme, so I adore being who I am now.

Rebecca x

Marleena
08-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Don't shoot me! Pink.:) Lavender, and coral are nice too. Prints would have to be leopard.

Amalthea
08-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello Leslie,

As drab, I usually wear all earth tones. As Mal, I prefer reds, light greens and pinks, violets, oranges, yellows all in strong or pastel shades. The idea is I consciously try to stay away from whatever drab color I wear as drab.

Beverley Sims
08-11-2012, 12:48 PM
The last time I saw a male wearing a rainbow colored T-shirt was in Hawaii. And the time before that, Hawaii.:)
I like pink although Black and white work for me in female mode.

Stephanie47
08-11-2012, 12:55 PM
In guy mode I wear basic black or white tee shirts & briefs. Jeans are black, brown or blue. If I have to put on a short sleeve collared shirt, it's usually a print of some kind in reds, blues, greens or browns. All dress shirt from my pre-retiree days hang in the closet ready to be donated.

Stephanie, likes prints in a rainbow of colors, especially floral prints. Most of my 83 dresses are prints. However, I do have solid colors. Of course, there is the basic black and solid red. As to my favorite garments, slips, I have a multitude of colors. However, I am still partial to pure virginal white lacy slips, followed by pinks, then red, and of course black. I make sure my slip, panty and bra always match the primary color of my dress.

Darlene-VA
08-11-2012, 01:09 PM
I like orange, maroons and yellows and alot of my dresses are black and white which make it very easy to match pumps with them

Kelli Ca
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
To look at blue, to wear eart tones except in lingerie than. It got to be pink then white then black

Vanessa Storrs
08-11-2012, 01:15 PM
My femme wardrobe is largely black, quite a bit of red, a lot of pink, and some blue denim. I have no lavender, no purple and no green. I am a bit color blind and with my limited fashion sense have to be careful when I mix colors.

MsJanessa
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Black and bright red, preferabley with a sheen are my two favorite colors--silver and gold are next

Sandra1746
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
But a bright pink is a close second. Then any of the pastel colors. I have a neon-green t-shirt that is almost too bright to look at when worn in sunlight.

That's my FEM wardrobe. My male clothes, when I was working were actually pretty brightly colored too. It's harder to find lavender and pinks in men's business-casual shirts but they are there; and becoming more common. I took some teasing about my color choices but a firm "I like it" was usually enough to dissuade further comment.

Enjoy life, you only get one try at it,
Sandra1746

mmandy31
08-11-2012, 02:11 PM
i love green the most for dresses skirts pants blouses and black is my favorite for lingerie

Rachel Morley
08-11-2012, 03:45 PM
When was the last time you saw a 'straight' male wearing a 'rainbow' colored T-shirt?
That's a good question. Accept for Pride weekend I can't say I've seen any guys (straight or not) wearing rainbow colored t-shirts.

As for my favorite colors, well I'm afraid I do like those hot pinks, purple, and wine and plum colors. Yes I like the London 2012 Olympics color scheme! However, I hardly ever wear these colors en femme. I wear a lot of black and white when dressed. Hanging out at home in boy mode I do like to wear a hot pink tee and jeans :D

Brittany CD
08-11-2012, 03:48 PM
I love wearing blue, both as male and female. But I also like blue as a girl because I look fabulous in it. I also like red, black, and pink when I'm a girl

Dusty815
08-11-2012, 05:09 PM
I have to say pink, but also like black and white.

PinkCDgirl34B
08-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I'll give you a single guess!

BLUE ORCHID
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi Leslie, Blue is my favorite color and Orchids are my favorite flowers
so you can see where this is going (Blue Orchid).

Amy Fakley
08-11-2012, 05:49 PM

If tye dye counts, that's like ... the entire crew of pretty straight hippies that make up most of my friends :-)

I have to say, my favorite color is peach ... not quite orange, not quite pink.

Cheryl T
08-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Guilty as charged...pink, purple and lavender are my absolute favorites. I also love orange (my wife says it looks good on me) and blues.

Lorileah
08-11-2012, 05:52 PM
The majority of my feminine wardrobe is (and take this for what it is worth because I only have three closets to choose from) Black, grey, red (or in that spectrum) and white. I do this so that I can make my meager wardrobe go further by mixing and matching. Also it makes me look slimmer don't cha think? :heehee:

Angela Campbell
08-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Red and blue for me mostly for outer clothes.

Tess
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I love the feminine colors...pinks, pastels. As I get older I seem to be rebelling against all the years I wore drab male clothing. Now I have several bright male shirts in slightly girly colors.

ronda
08-11-2012, 08:26 PM
my favs are pink yellow black lavender red but my fem closet has just about all colors in it i also like orange and blue Hugs Ronda

STACY B
08-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Neutral ,,, Goes with every thing ,,,, Gotta be ready !!!!!

bridget thronton
08-12-2012, 01:07 AM
My clothes are blue, black, brown, grey - with red and purple accents (trying to diversify - but blue is my favorite color)

Missy
08-12-2012, 01:45 AM
1 pink
2 green
3 black
4 gray
5 blue
and in that order

smellymelly
08-12-2012, 02:49 AM
i'm also in the stereo type. love neon pinks, and well just all pinks! most of my wardrobe is pink or black. black is nice and slimming =)

DonnaT
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Growing up, and learning to draw/color, my favorite colors were blue and purple.

FeliciaCDSNJ
08-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Hands down my favorite color is pink ^_^

Sophia Claire
08-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Blue, purple, red, gray, and black. In no particular order.

Starr
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
i love Black as in Little Black Dress, or slacks and skirts. i also wear white when i can.

AngieStone
08-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Black is one of my favorite colors, but I think I need to change things up and find some other colors that might look good on me. Dam male fashion sense!

erickka
08-14-2012, 05:45 AM
Black, red, purple, gray, teal (or most any pastel color) and of course I still love my denim in girl mode!

NicoleScott
08-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Black, silver, and deep purplish-reds (burgundy, maroon, cranberry) and fuscia, but not true or light reds.