PDA

View Full Version : Music!

Hannah Gotta
08-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Saturday night is the best time of the week! I remove my body hair, shave and plug in my iPod as I pick out my dress and do my make up for the night. I listen to music that reflects the mood I'm in. Mostly Sarah Mclachlan and other girl singers. My favorite song lately is "Tear in Your Hand" by Tori Amos. There's a line in the song that goes "Maybe she's just pieces of me you've never seen" which I think reflects us girls perfectly!!
Is there any other song you girls listen to when you get ready?

Love, Hannah

Brittany CD
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
No song in particular I like to listen to while dressing up, but I consider my official female song to be "Pretty Woman" by Gary Moore.

Amy Fakley
08-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I love me some Sara Mclachlan! I have a lot of downtempo stuff on my "gettin' girly" playlist ... Artemis, Bonobo ... oh man, like all the Mushroom Jazz compilations.

Davena Doll
08-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Yes I do, ABBA The Dancing Queen. Check out Iron Maiden, Run To The Hills. They are not girls, but I think its a cool song.

Persephone
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Davena Doll
08-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Thats a good one Persephone. How about Fleet Wood Mack, Be With You Every Where.

Tracii G
08-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Motorhead Ace of Spades.

Davena Doll
08-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Well I love waching the vids. She said other girl singers. I posted a thread a while back. It was Let me feel you, about what kind of music vids. do you like. I should have worded it diffrently. Hannah if you are ok with man bands too. this post could last for ever.

rocketscientist
08-12-2012, 01:19 AM
I too tend to gravitate to girl singers lately. A lot of newer artists like Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Rita Ora, and Selena Gomez. One of my current faves right now is Alabama Shakes.

Mathilda
08-12-2012, 01:40 AM
Only the other day i lounged around in a dress listening to french death metal band, Gojira. It takes all sorts right? ;)

suzy1
08-12-2012, 02:29 AM

Hugs,
Persephone.

Someone was bound to choose that one!

Yep, me too girl. All sing along now girls………

Color my hair-do what I dare
Oh, oh, oh, I want to be free-yeah, to feel the way I feel
Man! I feel like a woman!

The girls need a break-tonight we're gonna take
The chance to get out on the town
We don't need romance-we only want to dance
We're gonna let our hair hang down

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have a little fun and

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy-forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts, short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action-feel the attraction

The best thing about being a woman
Is the prerogative to have a little fun and

Oh, oh, oh, go totally crazy-forget I'm a lady
Men's shirts, short skirts
Oh, oh, oh, really go wild-yeah, doin' it in style
Oh, oh, oh, get in the action-feel the attraction

I get totally crazy
Can you feel it
Come, come, come on baby
I feel like a woman

Cynthia Anne
08-12-2012, 02:41 AM
If I had too choose it would either be Long haired boy by Charlie Daniels or Red bandanna by Merl Haggard!

Kathy4ever
08-12-2012, 04:17 AM
I was always a rock fan growing up, but now have leaned towards woman singers as well. I like to try and hit that fem pitch when I sing along. Dancing to the pop songs is fun as well in fem.

Beverley Sims
08-12-2012, 06:14 AM
I still remember the weekend I got up on stage and mimed "I Enjoy Being A Girl".
Others still use that song to this day in "Talent" quests.:)

sometimes_miss
08-12-2012, 07:18 AM
I listen to various songs done by these groups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDI2G9jzN-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx7Qx8ghtCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfja7gvQRlc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy4pp-rSU80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyLzfKKDBQ
This last was surprising; when I found their live performance at last year's Hallyu dream concert, it was better than the recorded singing. Amazing for girls in their debut to be able to sing like that while dancing. LInk for that one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz4ayp4q__s

Davena Doll
08-12-2012, 07:51 PM
yes I do I like to listen to Anne Murray, Snowbird.

BLUE ORCHID
08-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Hi Hannah, ABBA is one of my favorites.

Rachel Morley
08-12-2012, 08:03 PM
When doing my makeup and getting ready to go out on a Saturday night, I tend to just play music that makes me happy at the time, which can be different genres and different artists. However, I do like to sing along to Madonna's 80s songs as I find the pitch of her voice is where I need try to get mine to for my femme voice ... it helps me "get in the voice zone" :)

Tracii G
08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I do have some fave women fronted bands.
Vixen.
Joan Jett and whichever band at the moment.
Fleetwood Mac.
The Iron Madiens.
Diemonds.
Not much on the processed women singers out now singing to sound tracks.
Going to go see Cinderella and Sebastian Bach here in a week or so so I'm pumped.

Emma Leigh
08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
My musical taste is vast and diverse...from Dianna Ross to Dvozak........current fave is Fire by Kasabian.......if it has to be a female artist or artists.......Baby I dont care by Girls School is the one at the mo

Tracii G
08-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I do like most any style of music so I'm open to a lot of new stuff.
Check out Orianthi Panagaris she is an absolutely awesome guitar player.

Voulez-Vous
08-12-2012, 09:41 PM

Sorry, but this is possibly the worst song recorded since Edison invented the phonograph.

April_Ligeia
08-12-2012, 10:00 PM
I love listening to Genesis Breyer P-Orridge, Garbage, and basically any goth or industrial and metal.

Tracii G
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty much a metal head at heart because thats what I play but if the music is good then I will listen to it.
Having been in bands during the 80's glam metal thing and 90's thrash metal scene and playing everywhere its what I like the best and still gravitate to when I play out.
Country is OK, Rap and hip hop I can tolerate.
Good blues and 70's rock is fine too.
Electronic music or EMO I'll pass.

Tracii G
08-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Elton had the best players always!
I'm in awe of drummers sometimes it amazes me how they hold everything together.
One local band here has the most amazing drummer he is one of the best rock drummers I have seen in a long time.
Live he is a powerhouse of thump!
Back in the 90- 91 my band Gypsy played some shows with a band called Coroner and their drummer shook the walls of one venue so hard pictures fell off the wall.
Gotta love that!!

Davena Doll
08-13-2012, 08:24 PM
yes I like to listen to AQUA Barbie girl, and Toni Basil, Mickey

Lori31
08-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Going to go see Cinderella and Sebastian Bach here in a week or so so I'm pumped.

Nice! I've seen Bach. I would love to see Cinderella though.

StephanieJ
08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
A few that run through my head are from musicals:

"I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked
"The Girl I Mean To Be" from The Secret Garden
"I Feel Pretty" from Glee

They all kind of take on a new meaning when you think of them in terms of cross dressing.

BTW, in boy mode, I usually listen to pop, rock or alternative. Groups like Green Day, U2, The Killers or even The Cure... I even do a few covers of their songs on the piano. My ultimate dream someday would be to have the courage to perform some of these numbers in drag. Wouldn't that be a double rush?

StacyPump
08-13-2012, 10:12 PM
While I'm getting dressed, lately, I love listening to Madeleine Peyroux's 'Dreamland' album: I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, Getting Some Fun Out of Life, Muddy Water. It helps me feel girly, while I'm transitioning.

After I'm dressed, and I'm getting funky, I get down to Red Hot Chile Peppers' 'Blood Sugar Sex Magic'. That's some sexy music!

Tracii G
08-13-2012, 10:12 PM
I have seen both a few times and always a great show.

April_Ligeia
08-13-2012, 11:04 PM
I do have some fave women fronted bands.
Vixen.
Joan Jett and whichever band at the moment.
Fleetwood Mac.
The Iron Madiens.
Diemonds.
Not much on the processed women singers out now singing to sound tracks.

I saw Cinderella open for Judas Priest many moons ago, I think it was the Ram It Down tour. Didn't know they were still around, that's cool.

Davena Doll
08-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I have one how about, Bow Wow Wow "I WANT CANDY"

xdressed
08-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Only the other day i lounged around in a dress listening to french death metal band, Gojira. It takes all sorts right? ;)

Love that band! Discovered them live when they were supporting Trivium about 6 years ago (a band who I no longer like lol).

I don't tend to listen to music that often when I'm dressed because I am mainly into the darker/brutal/weird side of music, but when I do it's normally gothic/symphonic metal. I also listen to a band called Orestea (similar to the gothic stuff but only because of the singer) who I'm actually friends with. Not sure how they'd feel about that knowledge lol.