PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this will make me stop

megan163
08-13-2012, 01:56 AM
So you go out often enough you're bound to screw up some time. Tonight I was driving dressed. I was wearing femme glasses, which was stupid cause they were a little distracting. Well, I broke the intersection to trigger the red light camera. I didn't cross into the intersection but it definitely took it the photos as I came to rest over the crosswalk line. I am so afraid now what may happen. The cost of the ticket my least concern. What if the ticket arrives in mail with my wife's name on it and she sees me? What if the PD reviewing it recognizes it as me. I am fairly well known in my community. This sucks!

Davena Doll
08-13-2012, 02:27 AM
Well how fem. could your glasses be? ......were they pink with glitter on them. Its just glasses Im thinking.

Eryn
08-13-2012, 02:29 AM
The ticket, if it comes will likely be in the name of the registered owner, since the plate number is the only identification. The "review" is done by whichever officer gets stuck with the job at the cop shop so there is little danger that it will even be looked at. They just click through them on a computer and call it done.

The criteria for triggering the camera includes entering the intersection more than a second (or two, I forget) after it goes red at a speed of more than 10MPH. It might be that you weren't the person who triggered it if you just stuck your nose a bit past the line.

Be very careful of what you admit with these tickets. They are not the same as an officer-issued ticket because the camera has no way of identifying who the driver actually is. The issuing agencies are on very shaky legal ground so they use "weasel" language to try and make it seem as if the registered owner is obligated to rat out the driver. You're under no obligation to do so.

The city of Los Angeles stopped their red light camera program after considerable legal issues arose with the tickets and people found out that the city couldn't go after them for not paying the tickets. Unfortunately, some other cities are still pulling down millions from them.

Cynthia Anne
08-13-2012, 02:52 AM
It may help you stop at trafic lights sooner! But that's most likely all it will stop! Good luck!

BLUE ORCHID
08-13-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Megan , All the red light tickets that I've seen show the car in the midle of the intersection.

katie_barns
08-13-2012, 06:55 AM
It may help you stop at trafic lights sooner! But that's most likely all it will stop! Good luck!

Yes it does suck. But I agree with Cynthia. It might make you more careful but as most here know, stopping is a whole different thing. No mater how many close calls I have with getting caught, by someone I rather not know, I still dress.

kristinacd55
08-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Well, you could've gotten a DUI dressed like I did back in March! I did have to tell my lawyer (a good friend of my wife's and me) that I was tg. Turned out he was fine with it and had a clerk in his office who is tg also :)

Renee W
08-13-2012, 07:17 AM
I think most of them are set up to snap at a minimum 2 pictures, one as you entre the intersection, showing that light is red as you enter, and another showing the car in the middle of the intersection. If number 2 does not show car in the intersection, they toss it as a false trigger (your case).

Cheryl T
08-13-2012, 07:30 AM
If you were driving dressed then it makes sense that you were wearing women's glasses doesn't it????
Why would the ticket be sent to your wife? Is she the registered owner of the car? They generally send the ticket to that person. They aren't going to look up the address and send it to the female at the address just because a woman was driving.

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Eryn in post #3 has the correct answer.
I will add that if you get zapped by a camera going through an intersection slowly they will sometimes assume that you were having mechanical problems or took off from the line late. Semi trailers going through an intersection slowly are deemed to have proceeded over the line well before the light changes.

kimdl93
08-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I doubt that the driver will be apparent. These cameras usually focus on the license plate.

RADER
08-13-2012, 07:13 PM
I doubt that the driver will be apparent. These cameras usually focus on the license plate.

Yes, I agree, my friend got one of him making a right turn on red with a dump truck pulling a
trailer with a dozer on back.
The "Ticket went to the owner of the truck, and not the driver, you could not see the driver
in the truck.
Rader

Vanessa Storrs
08-13-2012, 07:37 PM
If the photo is good you could use it for your avatar.

TxKimberly
08-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Dont go borrowing trouble Megan. Just stay calm and try not to stress about it and everything will be OK!

docrobbysherry
08-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Eryn is correct, Megan! Plus, they DON'T include photos in the citation! They MAY bring them if u challenge the ticket in court!

Our town also scrapped their VERY EXPENSIVE photo ticket program, Eryn. The company that installed it was the only one making any money! Because of the lawsuits, the town was LOSING MONEY on it!

megan163
08-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Thank you all for your advice and encouragement. I found some info online about my city's red light cameras. It says they take 4 photos - 1) as the car enters the intersection, 2) the cars progression into the intersection while light is still red, 3) a closeup of the drivers face (eek!), 4) closeup of license plate. The website also says the citation will be mailed within 15 days and includes 4 photos.
I honestly was so shaken that I'm not sure how far I was into the intersection but I know that I go through it. I think it was maybe a foot or so beyond the crosswalk (hard to brake in heels). Guess I'll find out soon how this turns out. Just need to monitor the mail.

tara t
08-13-2012, 09:38 PM
if the sun is in my face ill use whatever glases are in the car. ive been seen with big pink shade ones with diamonds on them . safety first would be my defence if anything is said .

lingerieLiz
08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Did you go through it or not. If you continuted on you may need to pay up. If you stopped beyond the line you should not receive a notice. Most of the tickets come from a third party company and all they want is money. Watch the mail and relax.

lingerieLiz
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
By the way I was once stoped when CDing was illegal. Swore I would never do it again. Till the next time.

StephanieJ
08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Maybe you could try something like this:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/law/handcuff.asp

Sara Jessica
08-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Well that's one way to come out to the wife.

IF a ticket is issued, I'd bet that the advice here is correct in that picture(s) will accompany the ticket. My wife got one of these years ago and as she tried to plead her case that she didn't run the light, the pictures not only proved she did beyond a shadow of any doubt I might have had, her cute little face was unmistakably visible.

Now the other advice above that talks about a sequence of photos makes a lot of sense as well. They may have you for the first picture but with nothing to show you advancing further into the intersection, you might be OK. Word to the wise though, safer to drive in flats.

Not to make light of anyone's difficult situation, you have to admit this is funnier than heck!!!

Missy Tanya
08-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Tanya got her 1st speeding ticket drive our van. Was in a school zone, she was doing 32 in a 20. Normally a 40 mph area. Worst thing it was 5 mintues before the school zone time ended. I was dress up and heading to a fellow TG'ers to prepare for a Winter Soiree we were having the next day. Not my normal stomping grounds. But no picture of me, just the rear of the van and license plate. I guess they can't take the front window for some legal reason. I kind of was wishing it would show her driving. I could have shown my male drivers license, and my wife pictures and said whom was the woman driving my van?? But in my state it is just like a parking ticket since they can't ID the driver. So other than the 125.00 fine. All worked out.
PS: my male side hasn't ever paid a ticket. I guess it shows that woman drivers are worst drivers.. Lol Sorry about that one. I know when dressed, I do most of the time drive much more carefully, won't want to spend an hour explaining why I don't want a strip search done!!

Lead foot Tanya, although cuter in heels..

heatherdress
08-14-2012, 01:10 AM
If you are really worried, visit the Post Office and stop delivery for a few days. Pick up your mail. Get the traffic letter with the 4 sexy pictures. Pay the fine. And then continue mail delivery.

Stephanie-L
08-18-2012, 07:30 AM
How do you know that you are going to get a ticket? If the strobe light went off, it may be nothing. Those sensors are set at very high sensitivity, so they get a lot of false readings. That is why they have an officer go over them and determine if there was a violation. I have had the strobes go off on me dozens of times, but have not yet gotten a ticket, It could also be the person next to you. Aside from the questionable legality and constitutionality of these devices, there is little to worry about. They cannot put "points" on your driving record, since they can't absolutely prove that you are the driver. The only thing you have to worry about is if it outs you to your wife, and even that is pretty unlikely, in most places they don't have a clear photo of the driver, even when they do it is not enough for a legal identification. Good luck to you.................Stephanie

RenneB
08-18-2012, 07:57 AM
And another reason why I love the great lake state.... no RLCameras..... Tickets must be issued to the driver. It's not the car's fault that it went through the red light.... Then again, the ATM took my picture while withdrawing cash and the store security took my picture when I cashed out through the uscan and ..... Oh heck, I'm sure my pics are out there somewhere......

Renne.....

Launa
08-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Thank you all for your advice and encouragement. I found some info online about my city's red light cameras. It says they take 4 photos - 1) as the car enters the intersection, 2) the cars progression into the intersection while light is still red, 3) a closeup of the drivers face (eek!), 4) closeup of license plate. The website also says the citation will be mailed within 15 days and includes 4 photos.
I honestly was so shaken that I'm not sure how far I was into the intersection but I know that I go through it. I think it was maybe a foot or so beyond the crosswalk (hard to brake in heels). Guess I'll find out soon how this turns out. Just need to monitor the mail.

Wow your city's red light cameras take 4 photos of the car! How communist.

jackie k
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
After the dozens of "that's it I quit!" the only thing ,short of death, is alzhiemers. God I'd hate to forget that I'm a girl. I believe there is no such thing as coinsidence. Everything happens for a reason. Just sometimes we don't get the answers as quickly as we want. Everything is how its supposed to be. And sometimes the road gets a little bumpy. I wish I had the ability to handle the present with hind sight. I might have better advice. Lol

vikki2020
08-18-2012, 11:19 AM
whatever the outcome from the camera may be--I doubt that it will make you stop! You don't really want that,do you? Or did you mean "STOP" as in hit the brakes,lol!

Amy R Lynn
08-18-2012, 11:56 AM
I have tried to stop on several ocassions.... I always end up going back to doing something feminine. Whether it be growing out my hair, shaving my legs, manicuring my nails, etc... I just finally gave in and accepted that its not going to go away. So I might as well embrace it. I don't think you could stop even if you really wanted to. The last time I stopped for about a year. Amy came back with a vengance that consumed a LOT of my thoughts. So, Megan may be stiking around whether you want her to or not!

Contessa
08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I am gonna say that what Heatherdress has said sounds like the efficient thing to do thats in your favor. But when I drive en femme it is always without my shoes/heels on. Thats sexy too. What I would ask of anyone reading this thread. Hey take the time and wait at the light. I will.

You should ALWAYS have time to stay alive and save money.

Tess

docrobbysherry
08-21-2012, 08:31 PM
---------------------But when I drive en femme it is always without my shoes/heels on. Thats sexy too. -------------------------------------Tess
What's the fun in THAT, Contessa? If I don't try driving with my 5" heels on, what's the point of wearing them? And, how will I EVER learn to drive like a real woman?

carnut62
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I read an article a while back about our red light cameras and how there is a processing fee that pays a contract company to review and send out the paperwork for fines. Hopefully that is true for your city too, maybe nobody will see your picture.

simplykaelyn
08-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Here in NorCal hey have ruled that redlight camera's are unconstitutional. The ticket that you get in the mail is void in California because the citing officer (employee at the red light camera company), that usually isnt in the same state, never asks for your photo I.D. when issuing the citation. That red light violation you get in the mail becomes a ticket when you respond to it and agree to either pay the fine, or contest it. My cousin is a San Pablo police officer so the info is legit. just throw it out. If it ever escalates as a "Failure to Appear" you can say that you never got any notice of a citation. And they can't prove you did because the letters dont come certified mail.

Ive had a few cameras pop off on me over the years and done exactly what I said above, and nothing has ever come up because of it. Dont worry. When it shows up, throw it away and go on living.

-Alexandra

I have heard the same thing regarding denial of receipt as it's not sent certified or signed for. Same with jury duty. Not like I have ever skipped on jury duty or anything,...hehe

Kaz
08-24-2012, 09:28 PM
OK.. I am UK and it is different here, but as a piece of general advice.... and it has been said in a previous post here... don't sweat a problem that may not happen... you can choose to deal with it when it becomes a problem (and you might like to think through a few mitigating circumstances beforehand) or live with it in a daily basis, beating yourself and others up only to find that nothing happens...

Imagine walking up a mountain... you see a boulder coming towards you... which way are you gonna jump? Can you really know where the boulder is gonna connect as it gets further down the mountain? You can plan ahead for different scenarios and that is good... but dwelling on the worst case scenario is not good! Been there, done it, have the scars! :)

simplykaelyn
08-24-2012, 09:42 PM
OK.. I am UK and it is different here, but as a piece of general advice.... and it has been said in a previous post here... don't sweat a problem that may not happen... you can choose to deal with it when it becomes a problem (and you might like to think through a few mitigating circumstances beforehand) or live with it in a daily basis, beating yourself and others up only to find that nothing happens...

Imagine walking up a mountain... you see a boulder coming towards you... which way are you gonna jump? Can you really know where the boulder is gonna connect as it gets further down the mountain? You can plan ahead for different scenarios and that is good... but dwelling on the worst case scenario is not good! Been there, done it, have the scars! :)

You got scars? Shoot,...all I got was a t-shirt. lol

Emily359
08-24-2012, 09:47 PM
On a related note, you probably shouldn't be driving in heels. As you said, it's hard to brake. This might get you a traffic ticket, but it could've been a lot worse if a car or a person had rushed in front of you.

Laurel B
08-25-2012, 07:25 AM
I have gotten a couple of red light tickets and at least in Illinois all the photos are taken from behind the vehicle and you couldn't see the driver in any of them. Where the camera is located should be able to tell you if you'll be seen. Good Luck.

Sarasometimes
08-25-2012, 08:14 AM

Relax, this is the same group of people who take our license photos! You won't look anything like yourself. Also in NJ, don't know Ca laws, they only shoot the plates and make it the owner's job to figure out who was driving.