PDA

View Full Version : Pierced Ears

linda allen
08-13-2012, 06:34 AM
I've noticed that some men have pierced ears. Not many, but some. I noticed last night that the host of the TV show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives" was wearing earrings, a necklace and bracelet. Having my ears pierced would give me many more options for earrings than the clip ons that I am now wearing and they have to hurt less (after the initial pain of having them pierced).

So how many folks out there who are in male mode when in public have pierced ears? Have there been any negative reactions? Have people asked why? What earrings (if any) do you wear in male mode? Other thoughts and suggestions?

Annie D
08-13-2012, 06:59 AM
I have had double pierced holes in for years and although I save the doubles for Annie, I sometimes wear a stud or hoop in my left ear or studs or hoops in both ears when in male mode. If you are self-conscious about getting your ears pierced, you can buy small clear plastic studs to keep the holes open after you get them done, cover with a concealer and go your merry way. After your holes stay open on their own go ahead and get the second hole in each ear and then just move the studs to the new holes. No one will see the 1/2 inch difference in the distance, unless you get your cartilage done with a bar!

katie_barns
08-13-2012, 07:04 AM
If you really pay attention there are lots of men with pierced ears. Of all different ages. I decided one day to see how many men at work had their ears pierced. It was around 30%. Not all were wearing them at work but you could clearly see where the piercing is.
I have had my ears pierced a number of different times. Problem is I never leave them in long enough to be permanent. [Usually only a few days]. They always grow back. It only takes me a few minutes to pierce them. I kind of have it down to an art. I have had no real problems with re-piercing them. A word of caution though. If you decide to pierce them just for a night out. It takes a couple weeks for them to grow back and it will be noticeable till they do.

Jorja
08-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Quit worrying and go get your ears piereced already. It's no big deal these days for men to have piereced ears. Anyone says anything just sing, 'that's the way I like it, uh huh, uh huh!

Cheryl T
08-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Mine are double pierced.
Except for work (regulations limit me to one pair) I always wear diamond studs in the uppers and small gold hoops in the lowers (drab) and replace the small hoops with chandeliers, large hoops or what ever my mood and outfit dictates otherwise.
Never a comment and I gave up noticing people's looks a long time ago.

linda allen
08-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Not for a night out, for ever. I'm just wondering what my friends and family would think of a "senior citizen" deciding to have his ears pierced after all these years. If I was 25 years old, it might be a different story. Remember, I'm a "guy" when I leave the house. I might be wearing a bra and panties, but to the world, I'm a male.

And I would have it done professionally. I wouldn't try it at home.

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 08:19 AM
I must get mine pierced, one day...:)
Others notice the indentations on my lobes now and then especially if I have been wearing earrings for a long time.
I have someflat styles that lend themselves to using superglue. They really look good and are easy to peel off.

Angiemead12
08-13-2012, 08:30 AM
mines been pierced for a while now and I love it, I am lucky I can wear studs daily so I can keep them open!

Ann Thomas
08-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I had my ears pierced maybe 5 years ago. I wear things in both male and female mode, and had little reaction to them no matter what. If in a situation where it's questionable to wear in male mode, then just don't. I've gone a week with no jewelry before and not had trouble starting in again - the holes don't regrow fast enough to be a problem. With no jewelry in them, no one can tell they're pierced.

Ann

whowhatwhen
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
No one in public has said a word to me about them, I got a bit of standard guff from my mom and brother but it passed within a week.

Funnily enough my mother came around when my grandmother said how much she liked my new piercings.
:D

To tell you the truth, I don't see many older men with pierced ears and here's why:
I'm not looking at their ears, and I'm sure it's the same for everyone else going about their day. :)

Lacey
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I've had single holes in both ears for 20 years. I wear gold women's hoops everyday. No biggie!

FeliciaCDSNJ
08-13-2012, 10:26 AM
I have 7 piercings in my ears, and have had them for years. I never had anyone say anything negative. Only thing said was "again?"

Heisthebride
08-13-2012, 12:35 PM
I waited until I was 44 years old to do it, age is not a factor.

If your friends ask why, the answer is because it was either this or a Prince Albert or a belly button ring if you want to be less risqué. They'll all laugh and it will be over Ultimately you did it because you wanted to.

It doesn't hurt, the option are much better than clip ons, and if you want to they heal over if you stop wearing them.

I bought a pair of diamond studs I wear all the time in male mode. They double as a nice pair when in female mode too.

Samantha Jane
08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I wear diamond studs in both ears, in male mode and have done for more years than I care to remember. Wife pushed for me to have both done and nagged, if I did not put earings in lol. Had compliments on different types ear rings, never a bad comment. In fact its seems to me to be the norm for alot of men. Even had the tops of my ears done.
Go for it, you will love it and the greater choice of earings when dressed.

Joan_CD
08-13-2012, 01:02 PM
As a senior citizen myself, I had my ears pierced about 4 years ago. Other than the initial ribbing nothing has ever been said. No... Wait! I actually did have one woman tell me she liked my earrings when I was dressed male!

Linda, how do you think your wife would feel about it?

linda allen
08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
As a senior citizen myself, I had my ears pierced about 4 years ago. Other than the initial ribbing nothing has ever been said. No... Wait! I actually did have one woman tell me she liked my earrings when I was dressed male!

Linda, how do you think your wife would feel about it?

I'll wait until the right time to ask. Probably while walking past the ear piercing store in the mall. That way, it will be done before she has a chance to think about it. :heehee:

Joan_CD
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Linda you are just tooooooo funny! :). So, how is it going? I know you are waiting for your forms. Any other news?

Richelle
08-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Linda,

I have both ears pierced and ware earrings of all types when in male mode. Since I telecommute to work most, I ware them almost every day. Never had a problem or any questions asked.

Richelle

linda allen
08-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Linda you are just tooooooo funny! :). So, how is it going? I know you are waiting for your forms. Any other news?

The forms have been shipped, I'm waiting on them. Meanwhile, I'm wearing the swimsuit pads for "titties". She plays with them from time to time. :heehee:

I'm hoping once I have the forms, the need for a wig will become obvious.

linda allen
08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Linda,

I have both ears pierced and ware earrings of all types when in male mode. Since I telecommute to work most, I ware them almost every day. Never had a problem or any questions asked.

Richelle
I'm retired so it's only friends and family I'll have to contend with. I'm not worried about strangers.

Joan_CD
08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Cool! Now it's hurry up and wait! :)

whowhatwhen
08-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm retired so it's only friends and family I'll have to contend with. I'm not worried about strangers.

Worst case scenario: They all think you're gay.
Solution: You know you're not, why should their opinions carry any weight?

linda allen
08-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Worst case scenario: They all think you're gay.
Solution: You know you're not, why should their opinions carry any weight?
I have my wife to think of. I don't want to cause her any stress or discomfort.

Joan_CD
08-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Linda, when all is said and done and you finally are presenting full female, (wig, makeup, etc.), do you think you would be passable enough for your wife to feel comfy going to another town as girlfriends going shopping, etc.?

Miriam-J
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I wear small diamond studs in each ear when in male mode, definitely smaller than the ones I see in the ears of my son and most of his friends. They're not all that common in 50+ year old engineers, but not all that unusual. Other than a few quick questions from friends when I first got them, all easily handled, know one seems to pay any attention. Of course, I go for the pretty dangly ones when en femme.

Just do it!

Miriam

Diane Smith
08-13-2012, 07:08 PM
If your friends ask why, the answer is because it was either this or a Prince Albert or a belly button ring if you want to be less risqué.

It doesn't have to be either/or!

- Diane

Vanessa Storrs
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
I am old but still have several holes in each ear. A very few men have made comments never anything rude but some kidding. I have received several compliments from women who have found them quite attractive.

Starr
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I want to get my ears pierced as well, however i have become so fem in my look not sure i want to take that step and get both ears done.. I am thinking of only doing one for now.. then after it heals up do the other.. that way it would make as big an impact as doing the both at the same time as for being noticed. My hair is half way down my back and cut in a girl style, my nails are long and most always clear polished at least.. my legs are shaved and i do wear shorts often.. not that i care what people think, just prefer not to discuss my life with those i work with

whowhatwhen
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
On 1 ear vs both:
The kind of closed-minded people who would make an issue out of getting both ears pierced wouldn't like you getting only one done either.

Go whole-hog and get both!
:D

Especially since you're going to be waiting double the healing time before you can wear anything else.
You may end up waiting 4-5 months vs only 2-3. O_O

linda allen
08-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Linda, when all is said and done and you finally are presenting full female, (wig, makeup, etc.), do you think you would be passable enough for your wife to feel comfy going to another town as girlfriends going shopping, etc.?

I think so. It's a ways off though if ever.

Update:

Yesterday my wife was out running errands she came home and said "Look what I got you." and handed me a small bag. Inside was a bracelet and a pair of earrings (clip on). Cheap stuff from Kmart similar to what we bought a couple weeks ago. I thanked her and commented that I had broken my only pair of gold (colored) earrings. She replied that they were cheap anyway.

I said "I ought to just go ahead and get my ears pierced." She said "Yes, I suppose." Then she said "But then you'll be wanting to wear my earrings." I said "Well, you have at least thirty pairs and only two ears." She laughed.

So there it stands. Seeds planted, waiting for them to sprout. :heehee:

Joan_CD
08-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Linda you will love pierced ears. So many choices!!!

Sally24
08-14-2012, 06:48 AM
I finally got mine pierced about 4 years ago. It's not unusual for me to wear earings in both ears now. It was starting to get common 25 years ago with the young guys so they are now in their 40s. I've had a few jokes at work but that's all. Just do it.

Annie D
08-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I got my ears pierced when I was 53, teaching in Ft. Worth and was simply told that now I couldn't say anything to my son if he wanted to get his pierced as well. My second set of holes came about 4 years later when I was teaching at another high school in Dallas County; no one said anything this time. There goes the excuse about being too old. Just say that you had a mid-life crisis and really wanted to be different from all the other senior citizens.

linda allen
08-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I got my ears pierced when I was 53, teaching in Ft. Worth and was simply told that now I couldn't say anything to my son if he wanted to get his pierced as well. My second set of holes came about 4 years later when I was teaching at another high school in Dallas County; no one said anything this time. There goes the excuse about being too old. Just say that you had a mid-life crisis and really wanted to be different from all the other senior citizens.

I think wearing a skirt and boobies probably already makes me different from all the other senior citizens! :hehehe:

But that's a good suggestion - a mid-life crisis. I like it.

Amanda22
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
My ears were recently pierced and I keep a variety of studs in them 24/7. I have a silver pair and a turquoise pair I particularly like. I wear them regardless of my mode of presentation. People take notice, but my lack of self-consciousness means no one cares at all. I get lots of positive comments from total strangers, too!

rita63
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
Ilovemy pierced ears and shopping for earings is a great joy. I often wear nothing in my ears at work its not nessecary. But when I get home its fun time.
hugs rita

Missy
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
I got mine done when i was 25
I have worn many types and styles while in male mode
I only had one guy asked me to take them out while doing business
( that was back in the eighty's)

StarrOfDelite
08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
I'll wait until the right time to ask. Probably while walking past the ear piercing store in the mall. That way, it will be done before she has a chance to think about it. :heehee:

Just a suggestion, but if you're concerned about looking more masculine, you probably would prefer small hoops over the silly little studs which the piercing pagoda sticks in your ear lobe. In order to do that, however, you'd need to go to a licensed tattoo parlor. The tatoo people have state licenses and some training, and can install any kind of earring you want on the first visit. The mall shops have to use a piercing gun because their employees are not licensed, and the reason they install only studs is because it's not possible to use a gun when installing hoops.

I've had both ears pierced for several years, and have gotten a few comments about them, but never of a gender specific type. Whether said jokingly, or spitefully, it's always had something to do with age and/or politics. If you have friends who are politically or socially conservative, or attend a fundamentalist church, expect to be called a Hippy in a semi-friendly way by somebody who means it as an insult. LOL!

RachelPortugal
08-14-2012, 03:50 PM
I have my wife to think of. I don't want to cause her any stress or discomfort.

Both my ears are pierced. My wife suggested it before I had really considered it. She actually pieced them for me, pushing sterile studs through against a cork. Now I wear earrings 24/7 and I don't have any male studs. All my earring and studs are femme. Nobody seems to care about it.

Ashley D.
08-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I Piecred my the first time when I was about 13. I worked my way up to 9 holes on each ear. Now I'm Down to using 2 in each. More people comment on my shaved armes or legs the ear rings.

Tabitha Storm
08-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I am not allowed to have them where I work and I have been at the place for 20 years. I wish there was an easier way to do it and keep them open without having something in there for weeks

Charleen
08-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Had mine pierced 7 years ago at the age of 54. No regrets! Love 'em. Not one derogatory word has been said. I normally wear gold hoops. Some plain. Some fancy.

Juliana Hart
08-14-2012, 07:37 PM
I've had three holes in each ear for quite a while. I'm also in the retirement club and the only comment I have ever had was from one of the ladies at work (before I retired), she said, you have pierced ears. I said, pretty cool isn't it? My advice is: dance like nobody is watching. You'll get them pierced when you reach the point of not caring what other people think.

whowhatwhen
08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
It doesn't have to be either/or!

- Diane

That's one way of keeping it up and out of the way, or a neat place to hook a wallet chain.
O_o

linda allen
08-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm done with my family visits until Thanksgiving so I suppose now is the time so they can heal before the next visit and I can leave the earrings out for a few days. We'll see.

Joan_CD
08-17-2012, 03:12 PM
You will love the variety there is for pierced ears!

paulaloha
08-17-2012, 09:06 PM
I can't wait for the end of November! I'm pretty sure I'm getting mine pierced then. Just have to wait till I won't be kayaking for a while so I can let them heal without getting in fresh I water... I'm super excited about it!!!

BLUE ORCHID
08-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Hi Linda, You are probably old enough to be able to blame it on a ((MID-LIFE CRISIS)).

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 12:27 AM
A quick tip:
Listen to your body.
If you don't feel you've healed enough then do not change the starter earrings.

<----- Slow healer, found out the hard way :P

RedBaron
08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
I got my first pair of piercings 10 years ago at 56 years of age, the second about 3 years ago, and I love it. I wear studs in drab. When in skirts I wear a pair of studs with dragons or other symbols in the top holes, and a pair of dangly earrings that match the blouse and skirt in the bottom holes. I never had a problem at work, but they know that I am a crossdresser, so I didn't expected any problems.

Princess_Andria
08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I've only had my ears done for about 5 weeks so still cleaning and making sure they are all good before i move on. I have basic studs (which i chose when i had them done) simple small studs but i've had no one say anything about them. Most of the wanna be gangstas in and around my city have both ears done wearing tacky bling. When i'm ready wear proper earings then i'll probably go with goth style while in male mode.

Barbra P
08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I guess I qualify as a senior citizen seeing as I just turned 69. Last year on the Sunday following Father’s Day my Daughter, my two granddaughters, and I went to the mall and got my ears pierced. When in guy mode I wear small gold balls (4mm) and the only comment I have received was from our local mechanic when he noticed them. His comment was something to the effect that it looked like I was trying to recapture my youth.

I like hoops and dangly earrings that brush my neck when I’m dressed enfemme. Been looking for a pair of small Native American Indian silver and turquoise studs to wear in guy mode; found one pair on the internet that I really liked, but now can’t find them.

I had mine done at a store that specializes in earrings and the cost was $30 for the piercing, and that included the studs and a bottle of piercing antiseptic. My Doctor’s Nurse told me NOT to use rubbing alcohol or peroxide as both were too drying and hinder healing – the antiseptic made for ear piercings doesn’t dry out the skin. It is important to leave the initial studs in for six to eight weeks so the holes heal properly. After the appropriate wait time you should wear earrings daily for about a year if at all possible so the holes don’t heal up.

There was very little pain, just a sharp pain that lasted only a few seconds. Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did. Actually I hardly felt anything on the first ear and was a bit surprised when I felt the second ear being pierced.

linda allen
08-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I guess I qualify as a senior citizen seeing as I just turned 69. Last year on the Sunday following Father’s Day my Daughter, my two granddaughters, and I went to the mall and got my ears pierced. When in guy mode I wear small gold balls (4mm) and the only comment I have received was from our local mechanic when he noticed them. His comment was something to the effect that it looked like I was trying to recapture my youth.

I like hoops and dangly earrings that brush my neck when I’m dressed enfemme. Been looking for a pair of small Native American Indian silver and turquoise studs to wear in guy mode; found one pair on the internet that I really liked, but now can’t find them.

I had mine done at a store that specializes in earrings and the cost was $30 for the piercing, and that included the studs and a bottle of piercing antiseptic. My Doctor’s Nurse told me NOT to use rubbing alcohol or peroxide as both were too drying and hinder healing – the antiseptic made for ear piercings doesn’t dry out the skin. It is important to leave the initial studs in for six to eight weeks so the holes heal properly. After the appropriate wait time you should wear earrings daily for about a year if at all possible so the holes don’t heal up.

There was very little pain, just a sharp pain that lasted only a few seconds. Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did. Actually I hardly felt anything on the first ear and was a bit surprised when I felt the second ear being pierced.

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to suggest it to my wife
the next time I get the chance and just get the little round balls for starters.

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Had a blood test lately? Being diabetic I have them every three or four months and the needle inserted into my vein hurts more than the piercing did.

What about when the nurse doesn't get it just right and you feel the needle scraping around inside your vein?

Barbra P
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
What about when the nurse doesn't get it just right and you feel the needle scraping around inside your vein?

I’m classified as a “Hard Stick” and some of those vampires working in the lab are sadistic. I’ll tell them that I’m easier to stick in the crook of my right arm but they’ll press on trying to hit a vein in my left arm. A few months ago I had cataract surgery and the nurse putting in the IV for the surgery on the first eye didn’t hit a vein until the fifth try and she was none too gentle either.

Barbra P
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to suggest it to my wife
the next time I get the chance and just get the little round balls for starters.

Most places will have starter studs that are about 3-4mm in diameter, and if you go with the gold ones they aren’t all that noticeable. I also have a pair of pearl studs that are about 4mm, but I think pearls look a bit too feminine for guy mode. I think gold is rather neutral when it comes to gender, I like gold, it goes with my watch and my wedding-band.

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 10:14 PM
I’m classified as a “Hard Stick” and some of those vampires working in the lab are sadistic. I’ll tell them that I’m easier to stick in the crook of my right arm but they’ll press on trying to hit a vein in my left arm. A few months ago I had cataract surgery and the nurse putting in the IV for the surgery on the first eye didn’t hit a vein until the fifth try and she was none too gentle either.

Hehe XD
I get my bloodwork every two weeks and it's pretty hit and miss if you're going to get someone who is gentle or someone who is digging for gold.

I am going to recommend going to a proper/highly reviewed piercing/tattoo studio though and get it done with a needle.
It costs more but they're more experienced and you'll probably get better care if you need it.

(I nearly fainted, my piercer was nice, awesome as hell and waited until I recovered. :))

donnatracey
08-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Gee, all this talk is giving me the "itch" to finally have my ears done....:heehee:

Though I am glad I only have blood work done once a year......:)

michelle.foster
08-20-2012, 02:48 AM
When I told my wife I wanted to have mine done which was before I came out to the kids, her first comment was that it would give me away- everyone would then know. I had not seen a lot of older guys with earrings. After I had it done, no one questioned it. She then admitted she like the look. A year or so later I had a second holes done. She likes that too. I usually wear studs in the top and hoops in the lower.
Comments came from a younger guy, an SA at a kiosk at the mall, said he now knew what he would look like as an older person with earrings. And just recently an older guy stopped me and asked where I got my hoops from, cuz he couldn't find any that small. They are called "huggies" cuz that's how they fit and they are designed for men, and my wife found them.
So I'd say don't ask and don't worry about what others will say or think cuz they probably won't. It is your body, you can do what you want to it at any age. It will look great!

sometimes_miss
08-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Clip on earrings usually don't hurt after a while; the pain sensors quickly get overloaded and you don't even notice it until the earring clip moves to another part of the earlobe, they usually hurt most when you take them off (at least that's been my experience!). If you see a pair of pierced earrings, there are a few different ways to convert them to clip ons. I find hoop earrings sexy; ebay has 2 inch hoops which have a spring inside so they look exactly like pierced ones. Cheap, too. My favorite are a pair of dangling five point open stars, with a smaller solid star on the earlobe as the front of the clip; you can't tell that they're clipons. It takes a while,but there are lots of really pretty clip ons that aren't garish or bulky. Search ebay; they're there.

whowhatwhen
08-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Maybe...
But you can't get these (http://www.etsy.com/listing/99714064/super-mario-nintendo-ear-biting-chain) :P

Good god I wish I wasn't broke as hell, since I want these ones too (http://www.etsy.com/listing/96103701/minecraft-creeper-earrings?ref=cat3_gallery_35).

What is it about getting your ears pierced that makes you want to collect tons of earrings?
I can't wait until my ears hurry up and finish healing so I can wear my 1up mushrooms.
:)

linda allen
08-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Clip on earrings usually don't hurt after a while; the pain sensors quickly get overloaded and you don't even notice it until the earring clip moves to another part of the earlobe, they usually hurt most when you take them off (at least that's been my experience!).

So far, most of the ones I have hurt while I'm wearing them and even more when I try to remove them. I took a pair off 1/2 hour ago and my ears still hurt. And I broke a pair trying to bend them so they wouldn't hurt as bad.

My mind is made up, if my wife is OK with it, I'll get them pierced. Just one in each ear, that's fine for me. And I'll start with the titanium balls until they heal.

Joan_CD
08-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Good for you Linda! Keep us "posted"!

linda allen
08-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I think my wife is OK with it, we talked about it today. She said "Lots of men have pierced ears. You just can't wear girly earrings outside." I told her I wouldn't.

I'll probably go to the place in the mall. They use the gun and they have titanium ball starter earrings. I called just a minute ago to see the best time, etc. but the line was busy.

TeresaL
08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I think my wife is OK with it, we talked about it today. She said "Lots of men have pierced ears. You just can't wear girly earrings outside." I told her I wouldn't.
Way to go Linda. My wife isn't that supportive. I asked her after she told me that the Amish show she watched forgot to plug the male actor's ears with makeup.

I want, I want, I want. Hey, cant help it!!! I have a medical condition called GID, my brain sends out electrical impulses and forces me into feminine submission. Both to liking females and being female. Pierced earrings are frosting on da cake.

Please o'please.

I also have G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

Josie M
08-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I just got mine pierced while on vacation (Pennsic Wars - for you Scadians out there :) ). I've done it in the past, but always let the holes heal back up. This time, I'm trying to keep them. Got some small grey titanium studs for drab mode, some really neat antique silver twisted wire hoops for my late 15th century persona, and starting to collect some earrings for me as well.

I guess this also means I need to get some hook findings to convert all the old earrings that I converted to clip back to pierce again ;)

Michaella
08-22-2012, 01:09 AM
I have both ears pierced, and regularly wear earrings in male mode. At work, only small plain silver studs, but outside I wear up to 1 inch diameter hoops, and small dangling pieces sometimes, never a problem.

Michaella

Algoma
08-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Would love to get my ears pierced, Seems like many associates have one pierced. not many with both.

linda allen
08-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Well, it's done now. Two little gold balls. Of course, now I have to wear them for a month and studs for six months, but then I can use my imagination.

Joan_CD
08-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you! :)

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Hi Linda, That's wonderful now you can start building your collection.

This is something that I've been thinking about for my upcoming 70th.

glynnis
08-23-2012, 10:59 AM
I have both my ears pierced.When out in guy mode I wear some pink studs or some small drop earings,no one has ever said anything to me.When at home even when in guy mode I wear really large drop earings,I love to feel them dangling on my cheeks.Some of mine almost reach my shoulders.After dressing in the mornings earings are the second thing I put on,lipstick is the first of course.

becky77
08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I had one ear pierced when I was 17, my brother made me do it, I always wished I had both done but he would have ridiculed me. Several years later I went and got the second done, It helped that David Beckham made mens earrings popular for a good while.
Best thing I ever did, can't describe how much better wearing typical earings over clip-ons is. I don't wear earings as a man anymore but this isn't a problem as they never close.

becky77
08-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, it's done now. Two little gold balls. Of course, now I have to wear them for a month and studs for six months, but then I can use my imagination.

Well done :)
Anyone notice?

Linda St. John
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
Cheers, Linda .....has the "family" said anything ? :eek::drink::drink:

linda allen
08-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Well done :)
Anyone notice?

Yep. We had a massage last evening and the woman (a friend of my wife's) noticed. She said they looked good, but that's to be expected. This weekend we'll see our social group and I expect everyone will say something, but I'm a big girl (boy) so I'll handle it.

After getting my ears pierced at the mall we went to dinner. Our waiter had both ears pierced. Little hoops.

We won't see the family until Thanksgiving (unless there's wedding or funeral) and by that time I should be able to take them out when I'm around them. Even if I don't, there's not a lot they can say and nothing they can do.

ringedjohn
08-25-2012, 09:08 AM
I have had pierced ears for over 50 years, just single piercings initially but now I have three in each ear. In public I wear a single stud in the left ear.

linda allen
08-27-2012, 05:49 AM
Well, we saw a bunch of friends and aquaintances over the weekend. How many noticed my newly pierced ears with the little gold balls? - Just about all of them.

So, I used the "I'm just trying to recapture my youth." line.

Joan_CD
08-27-2012, 12:11 PM
More importantly... How did your wife feel about the attention, Linda? Was she ok with it?

linda allen
08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
More importantly... How did your wife feel about the attention, Linda? Was she ok with it?
When I get nervous, I shut up. When my wife gets nervous she talks. A couple times she said "I just hope he doesn't get into my jewelry box." I would rather she hadn't said that, but what are you going to do?

Tonight, we're going to dinner with friends and the girl has seen them but the guy hasn't. We have this relationship where we ride each other constantly and I know he will have something smart to say about them.

I'm going to respond with "You don't have a single hair on your ass if you don't get yours pierced too."

We'll see how that goes.

BTW: She did give me a pair of diamond (not real, I suspect) studs from her jewelry box to wear when I can change mine.

Joan_CD
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Good luck Linda. Sounds like your wife is still supportive and that's all that matters in the end!

linda allen
08-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Well, my friend couldn't stop riding me about my earrings. He even took a picture on his phone. I told him he didn't have a hair on his ass if he didn't get his pierced too. He said he would shave his ass before he wore earrings. I got my wife to tell him he should get his pierced. No dice.

He asked which side was the "gay" side. I told him I didn't know, that's the reason I got them both done.

Joan_CD
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
LOL. You showed him! :)

April_Ligeia
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
My ear piercings are stretched to zero, and the only comments i ever get are from other people with stretched piercings. Quite frankly, I make it a habit not to discuss tattoos or piercings with non-tattooed or pierced people. The conversation is just too boring to hold my attention. After all, how many times can you answer "Does it hurt?" without the sarcasm flying out at the person?

linda allen
08-29-2012, 06:49 AM
LOL. You showed him! :)

He was trying to get a good angle for his picture and kept asking me to turn my head (this is at the table in the restaurant). Finally, I just stood up and stuck my ear next to his camera (phone). I reminded him that with a little creative computer work, I could take a photo of him and superimpose a pair of earrings on his ears. Long, girlie ones. :devil:

Stacey Summer
08-29-2012, 10:23 AM
I've had my left ear pierced 6 times, though I've only had a small hoop and a bar in for a while, I will occasionally make sure the others are still open. Will get around to having my other ear pierced at some point. No one takes any notice of men with pierced ears anymore.

linda allen
08-29-2012, 11:03 AM
....... No one takes any notice of men with pierced ears anymore.

Well, that's been said several times, but my experience indicates that people who know you are going to comment, at least the first time they see you with your new earrings. Just be prepared.