PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing and the human condition

Frédérique
08-13-2012, 07:37 AM
“You fall out of your mother's womb; you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave.” (Quentin Crisp)

Serious topic alert!!! I’ll try to be brief (and light)… :doh:

I’ve been preoccupied watching the Olympics for the past two weeks, for lack of anything better to do, watching the human condition play itself out before my eyes. Events of this sort, meaning events of a global nature, tend to define and highlight the human condition quite nicely, although few may see things the same way I do. We humans can only run so fast, or swim so fast, or jump so high, or so far. Everything we throw or kick into the air comes back to Earth, thanks to gravity, and then we take a measurement. We’re accidentally stuck on this spinning ball, held in place against our will, and our fortunate or unfortunate “condition” can be best described by the witty quote mentioned above – there is an indeterminable time available to us between birth and death, and it is up to each individual to find or attach meaning to his or her own life. Is your existence meaningful or does "meaning" only exist in the mind? Whoops – I’m getting ahead of myself...

The human condition encompasses the inescapable features of being human in a social, cultural, and personal context. It can be described as the state of being, the inherent part of humanity that is not connected to factors such as gender, race, or class. The human condition is concerned with the meaning of life, the search for gratification, the sense of curiosity, the inevitability of isolation, and the fear of death. Where does crossdressing fit into all this? Well, since humans have been described as self-absorbed animals in clothes, I think the human condition (where we find ourselves) quite naturally fuels the need for wearing the “wrong” clothes. Our clothes define what gender we are, and we are expected to wear certain types of clothing to a) state our sex, b) put everyone at ease, and c) protect our bodies or reveal them, according to what your gender may be...

Sometimes male and female clothes merge together, with the female clothing approaching the male garb for one reason or another, but male clothing never inches towards the female, not NOW, in the early 21st century, and perhaps not ever. This is the human condition for all to see – M and F kept apart, for better or worse. Crossdressers literally cross the line and actively seek relief from the human condition; in fact we make our own conditions according to what is required. Crossdressing arises out of a search for meaning about one’s “self,” a definite quest for delight and pleasure, and a strong sense of curiosity (a “calling” to do something we aren’t meant to do). Some days I feel like I’ve been plunked down in the middle of nowhere and I am responsible for making something out of the odd situation before me. This will lead to the inevitable isolation I referred to earlier, for the human condition is mainly concerned with itself, and no quarter is given for absurdist explorers like me...

I must say the human condition is absolutely absurd. I mean, I’m a male by birth, but I’m sitting here in a cute skirt, with cute little shoes, and my wig hairs are sticking to my lipstick – this is how I deal with the “condition” of being alive, a lengthy sentence of isolation and gradual withering here at the far edge of the home galaxy. How amusing! I have read that humans are an evolutionary cul-de-sac, and they are “condemned to freedom.” Perhaps. I’m sitting here, freely typing these words, wondering all the time why I’m doing it. As usual, I’m wearing clothes not meant to be worn by my birth gender, but I am defining my existence by doing so. Since I’m a sentient being, like everyone else on the planet, I’m consciously aware that I only have so much time left to me – I’m getting older all the time, and I’m constantly wondering how to best spend my remaining years, hours, or moments. I wish to be happy, so I dress up as often as I can, get comfy, and push any thoughts of mortality out of my mind. I’m here, so I might as well have some fun as I hurtle headlong to my own demise. I’m immensely comfortable with the knowledge that I have tried some very taboo things during my life, although genuine satisfaction has somehow eluded me...

Am I NOT supposed to do anything with my senses, the senses that are the product of millions of years of evolution? My need to crossdress grew out of this “condition” of having sensibilities, which quickly led to curiosity about my surroundings and a drive towards gratification (happiness). I wanted to feel better about being alive, so I dressed in girl’s clothes – this caused a pleasant dislocation, so I decided to keep doing it! My senses aroused, I no longer feared death, indeed how ABSURD it all is! At this point in my life, which is nearer to the end than the beginning, I don’t care if there is any meaning to life, or crossdressing, or anything related to humanity – as far as I’m concerned, I liberated myself through dressing, and what I do has just as much so-called meaning than any other "valid" human activity. This makes me part of a minority, ignored and dismissed by the rest of civilization, but that’s how it is at this point in time – it’s a curious accident that I am alive, so I might as well do a little experimenting, some exploring, and some questioning of the human condition I am very much a part of...

If you go to see a movie, and then someone asks what it was about, tell them it was concerned with the human condition. Huh? Why is that comedian so funny? Well, his subject is the human condition, something we can all relate to. Why are all those people watching that other person actually DO something? It’s all part of the human condition, the state of being, and it’s all essential to the occurrence of everything else, even though it’s hard to find any meaning in it. With this in mind, the next time you have to explain why you’re a male who wears women’s (or girl’s) clothing, i.e. a MtF crossdresser, a boy/guy/man who is touch with his female “side,” who goes it alone, does things his (HER) way, is cut from a different bolt of cloth, flies somewhere out near the edge, and values sensual expression above all other things, just say that it’s how you deal with the human condition, and leave it at that – let THEM figure it out! Since we inherited this human condition, I feel we should dress accordingly, don’t you?

Needless to say, crossdressing is a condition of my happiness, and isolation is a condition of my MtF crossdressing. I am standing very much detached from others, albeit in the cutest shoes you can imagine, but I’m used to it by now. I am imbued with the form and nature of a person, and I harbor the qualities characteristic of people – as such, my crossdressing is part and parcel of the human condition, and it is just as sensible, reasonable, and logical as any other human endeavor. Others may not see it that way, and this leads to my unavoidable position at the periphery of humanity. To tell the truth, I like the view from here, crawling across open country under fire. I didn’t ask for this, but that’s OK – the human condition is endlessly fascinating, my search for gratification is unending, my curiosity is unbroken, and my isolation is strangely refreshing. I know that when I drop into my grave I will have definitely DONE something meaningful...

What is YOUR take on the human condition? IMHO, crossdressing (MtF variety, in this case) is the perfect antidote for the human condition – do you agree? :thinking:

Marleena
08-13-2012, 07:51 AM
Freddy my take is to just be yourself. Life is too short for people to be unhappy. Whatever it takes to make one's self happy is the correct way. Screw what others think.:)

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Frederique, do not get despondent, get out there and meet people, and interact with the rest of the world.
I like your writings but sometimes I think you miss some of the joy and adventure that is out there.
I have watched the Olympics also but I have had other things to occupy my mind.
The pre occupation of wearing a particular type of clothing does not enter in to my life, whatever I put on decides what I do for the day.

I am getting older also and life is too short to ponder which way I will go. I plan that weeks ahead.
My senses are such that they tell me what I need to feed the body on next.

Cross dressing is a condition of my happiness also but I do not let it consume me.

Allisa
08-13-2012, 02:43 PM
My take is the " Age of Aquarius",anthem by the Fifth Demension.
Lisa

GaleWarning
08-13-2012, 03:02 PM
For every person who achieves prominence in the field of managing change, be it the demise of Apartheid in South Africa or the wider acceptance of crossdressing and transgenderism, there are a myriad of minions who fight the good fight without recognition. Indeed, quite a few of them are castigated for their (apparent) lack of effort in support of the cause.

This matters not, Freddy. Living in isolation, you ought not to be discouraged by your seemingly meaningless existence. You ARE worthy.

In the song, Sky Pilot, by the Animals, there is this line ...
"If it all was worth it, only time, it will tell."

Like you, I am rapidly approaching the end of my life. I find it sobering (and stragely comforting) to ponder the thought that shortly I shall be remembered only in terms of Clayfish (195. - 20..). And my lineage will proceed in the form of ... begat WC begat DC begat KC begat CC begat AC begat BC begat ... etc.

Who knows if one of my decendents will do something truly wonderful, marvelous and sensational sometime in the future? I live in hope. So should you, Freddy.

kimdl93
08-13-2012, 05:21 PM
– it’s a curious accident that I am alive, so I might as well do a little experimenting, some exploring, and some questioning...this is the essence of being. Barriers and boundaries, once recognized, beg to be overcome. For me, cross dressing is at least one way I can transcend such a boundary and experience life in a new way.

Amy Fakley
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
that was so poetic ... I pretty much agree with your take.
I wanted to leave this here. The song has gotten me through some dark times and seems to speak to me on a level that says "it's ok to be what the universe made you. It's all going to be ok".

http://youtu.be/EYu401ce03Q

KellyJameson
08-13-2012, 06:58 PM
We are designed to want to live forever but only under conditions that can never be met.

Every tick of the clock takes us closer to these conditions.

Life must be more than wanting forever because we know we want the impossible.

Something must be found to replace forever.

This something cannot be completely found in the world but only inside the imagination living in the world.

Through the imagination in the absence of fear you realize you are separate but a part of everything (God).

For a moment you are immortal because you are part of the immortal (God), not trying to be immortal (be God)

The human condition is the tension between those who believe (illusion) they are immortal (God) and those who understand (truth) they are a part of the immortal (God)

The imagination is the pathway into the universe (God) and crossdressing always has a spiritual component because it comes from the same sensitivity that makes us aware of the immortal (God)

Crossdressing is a religous experience (transcends the self as part of nature) when it is not sexual (part of nature).

Sensitivity is the foundation that supports love and love takes you out of yourself (fear) so you do not think you are immortal but realize you are a part of the immortal.

We do not live forever but we are part of forever.

Momarie
08-13-2012, 07:18 PM
It sounds like you are always so unhappy in your life and so desperately lonely.
Have you considered seeking out a good therapist?
It might help Freddy, especially when your mood delves into the shadows and darkness.
You don't have to be so alone...it's a choice only you can change.
Lots of CD's live in self imposed lively delight and joy and embrace who they were born to be!
These are the women I admire most...the brave and joyful ones.

Marguarite
08-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Freddy
I am also approaching my later years and I am reveling in my "Human Condition". I've lived a happy fulfilling life as a male for the most part.
I am thankful for the experiences that I've had but think that I am now evolving to experience my female side. Yes, I own it, it is a part of me.
Maybe crossdressers are the next step in the evolutionary chain. I'm just going to enjoy the life I have and live it to the fullest.

Did you ever think that the bright light you see at your passing, may be the end of the birth canal?

Momarie
08-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Freddy
I am also approaching my later years and I am reveling in my "Human Condition". I've lived a happy fulfilling life as a male for the most part.
I am thankful for the experiences that I've had but think that I am now evolving to experience my female side. Yes, I own it, it is a part of me.
Maybe crossdressers are the next step in the evolutionary chain. I'm just going to enjoy the life I have and live it to the fullest.

Did you ever think that the bright light you see at your passing, may be the end of the birth canal?

Well said my friend,
With age comes wisdom.

I too have always believed the "light" one sees when passing, is the birth canal.