PDA

View Full Version : Are you still dominate?

Madam Rose
08-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Even in girl mode? I am mostly because I feel I should be strong as femal and male.

Amy Fakley
08-13-2012, 08:59 AM
personally speaking, I'm not much of a "dominator" in male mode ... even less so in girl mode. Actually, I kind of like that aspect of girl mode, since it's not really who I am anyhow.

Melissa Rose
08-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Are you still dominate?

From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is strong is dominant and anyone who is not dominant is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominant. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominant. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive. Being compassionate, forgiving and able to compromise for the greater good often takes significantly more strength of spirit, mind and body than the opposite.

My answer your original question is no. I am neither dominant or submissive, and my strength does not come nor is it defined by being dominant over anyone or anything.

linda allen
08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is dominate is strong and anyone who is not is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominate. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominate. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive.

What she said. :thumbsup:

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I may be strong in personality but I am flexible in the domination stakes.
If there is a very strong willed person in the group I will circle around and then strike if need be.
No use getting into arguments over personal views is there.
Just causes angst.

FeliciaCDSNJ
08-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm submissive as a male and shows even more when I'm dressed, but that's the way I am.

LilSissyStevie
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I asked my wife. She just laughed.

katie_barns
08-13-2012, 12:52 PM
I asked my wife. She just laughed.

If I was to ask my wife she would tell me what to say........ lol

~Joanne~
08-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't look at my relationship as having either one of us as the dominate figure. we are equals.

Cheryl T
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
I never was dominant in any relationship so why should that change when I am dressed?

BRANDYJ
08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
From the way your question is worded, it sounds like you are assuming anyone who is strong is dominate and anyone who is not dominate is weak. Even worse is if the assumption is all males are dominate. If that is what you are saying, please walk away from that stereotype or false assumption.

Being strong does not automatically mean being dominate. Strength comes in many different forms and manifests itself in many different ways, and it is not gender specific or exclusive. Being compassionate, forgiving and able to compromise for the greater good often takes significantly more strength of spirit, mind and body than the opposite.

I think Mellisa summed it up for me. Very well thought out response.

Lorileah
08-13-2012, 01:18 PM
One of the joys of being Lori is that someone else can drive the bus and I can go along for the ride

Kate Simmons
08-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Well, there is right and wrong but in my world the following applies:

Rule # 1--Kate is never wrong.

Rule # 2-- If Kate is wrong, see rule # 1.

:battingeyelashes::)

Allisa
08-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Does passive/agressive count?Female yet manly?
Lisa

Lorenqt
08-13-2012, 05:21 PM
I like the guy to be bominate.

STACY B
08-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Ha,,,,Ha,,,, Was you EVER ???

KellyJameson
08-13-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm strong enough not to need to dominate or be dominated if it is a contest between two wills, I resist by flowing around them and use questions to bring
anothers motives out into the light of day.

I'm not threatened by what others do for me because I'm not dependant on it and I do not allow others to become dependant on me, there is love and than there
is fear and it is difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

They can lean on me but I will not be someones crutch or use them as one.

Weakness of will or passivity is not femininity or masculinity but escape into childhood while being in an adult body

Miriam-J
08-13-2012, 07:04 PM
I need to be master of only one person - myself. I neither submit to nor dominate others, nor do I have any desire to do so - except for a little play now and then. I have the strength to be myself, despite the influence of others.

But Kelly said this so much more nicely. Beautifully done.

Miriam

Marguarite
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Kelly, You are a very smart Lady and very secure in who you are. I feel very much the same.

I am very secure to follow someone's lead, until it conflicts with what I believe or until I am asked
to step up and assume a leadership role. This doesn't mean that I don't influence the world around me,
it just means I do it from the background. I only join the forground when needed.

I can live with that and be Happy.

docrobbysherry
08-13-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm no different no matter how I dress!

Even in girl mode? I am mostly because I feel I should be strong as femal and male.
I think it's relevant to tell us if your dates or your SO is male or female, Rose!?

Personally, I've done my own thing my entire life. However, on a few occasions where I've given the woman control, I've found it could be exciting or devastating!

sandra-leigh
08-13-2012, 09:03 PM
About the only thing I am at all "dominate" in is my work; otherwise I am neither dominate or submissive.

Even the domination in my work is more that people tend to defer to my solutions because of my competence. But that doesn't mean that they "follow" me. The prophet in the wilderness :)

MsJanessa
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Yes I am dominant when dressed---not dressed I tend to be a regular guy

ReineD
08-13-2012, 09:46 PM

Good for you! You're a feminist after my own heart. :D

I become impatient with wimpy ladies. lol

Rachel Morley
08-13-2012, 11:05 PM
I think Melissa nailed it :) ... but if you're asking me if I am "still" dominate when dressed? ... err no and that would be because I am not a dominate person in the first place.

Badtranny
08-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Very well thought out response.

That's kinda how she rolls. ;-)

Davena Doll
08-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Lilsissy, that is some funny sh** I think if I was Dom. I would not be a CDer. But that is just me. My wife said Im nothing like her BF, an X sheriff go figure.

kellycan27
08-14-2012, 12:40 AM
He's the dom... until it's time for him to not be. :heehee:

KlaireLarnia
08-14-2012, 02:06 AM

I am the same mix of dominate and submissive as I always am regardless of what I am wearing. There are times I need to be in control and others when my wife takes the lead. I know which is needed and when and default accordingly - or step in if needed.

Presenting as male at all times (even with women's clothes on) does give me that ability perhaps, but even now as I am wearing 100% female clothes today I will act as I always do and nothing will change in how I act with/around my wife and family. I am after all me, so why would I change that just because I have female clothes on?

Dana3
08-14-2012, 02:52 AM
In male mode? I can be and am very dominate. I intimidate most men and women ~ it would seem? Twenty year Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant with two tours on the Drill Field, another four at Parris Island as a Primary Marksmanship Instructor, and Marksmanship coach, 0311 (Infrantry) In truth? I'm a Teddy Bear, and have a much softer side. A feminine side ~ if you were!

LisaMallon
08-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Depends whether you mean sexually, intellectually or emotionally. And sexually you can split that into so many sub-types it is not funny .. poker/pokee, BDSM terms of sub/Dom ... and so on.

Me? I tend to be dominant intellectually, switch sexually (goes both ways in the BDSM terms, but being a TS a pokee .. well duh, if you not that then you are not really a TS) and empathetic emotionally (which is neither submissive or dominant rather it transcends those terms totally).

noeleena
08-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Hi,

As a woman or as a person , iv had to be strong because of many things iv had to do while around people ,

meaning , as a young person because of issues that happened in our family very early on, later it proved to be a big help because i had to take the flack & take charge of many situstions that came along ,
Careing for my Mother after a major surgerys i was very young, Jos with depression many years, 37,

Of cause this is about Psychological ,Emotionally & physical if i had not been strong in those areas i would have failed, going through some of those was hard & again later on .

In many case's i would loved to have had some one else take over just was not posiable so i had to take charge,& as i look back i can say its helped me to be strong , a much more grounded person , & understand where others are who go through similer to us,

...noeleena...

erickka
08-14-2012, 05:13 AM
I don't look at my relationship as having either one of us as the dominate figure. we are equals.

I find this to be a plus in our relationship.....30 years strong!

Launa
08-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Put me in a locking sissy dress and I'm submissive. If I wear my short, tight black dress, black heels and my long curly wig, I can turn into a mean bitch. Especially if I get a hold of my whip! lol

Tracii G
08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Depends on the situation I would say.
I can be both so I guess I'm flexible.

Madam Rose
08-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I think Mellisa summed it up for me. Very well thought out response.
Ok I'm sorry I was in bit of a hurry. I meant sexually. Not macho crap.

Kyndrie
08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
As a male I'm pretty easy going but I can be very stubborn. I'm generally the quiet type who prefers to observe and will most often choose to go my own way. I don't seek to dominate others, but I do have a secret desire to be submissive to someone. When I'm dressed that desire intensifies even more (locking sissy dresses and all that). However, its more a desire to be nurtured by a soft, yet strong, hand and be led to explore more of who Kyndrie is without feeling humiliated and degraded.

NicoleScott
08-16-2012, 09:20 AM
My wife forces me to be dominant. haha

Vieja
08-16-2012, 09:45 AM
When my wife was still alive we shared responsibilities. She took care of all minor decisions such as should we buy a new house or car while I on the other hand made

the major decision such as should we go to war with Russia or China.

Vieja

CassieCutie
08-16-2012, 09:55 AM
As a male I am typically the decision maker, but when Cassie is around, especially now that I am easing out, I have become more and more shy/submissive around others

Elle1946
08-16-2012, 11:11 AM
My wife and I really don't have boss role.

Marsha My Dear
08-25-2012, 08:11 AM
I have a strong personality. But with my wife, dressed or not, we both enjoy Marsha's submissive nature.

girlyboy13
10-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I am always Submissive!!!! That's just me! But however,every now and then I tend to be a bit on the Dominant side. Until I'm put back in my Place! LOL

MissTee
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
That's an open ended question, so rather than respond to "dominance" I'll say I am the leader in our relationship. It's what both my wife and I want from our relationship. A skirt and pumps won't change that.

Lady Catherine
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
As aguy I'm an Alpha. Not so much dominate, as in control. As a girl I tend to go with the flow and be more forgiving.

STACY B
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
Anyone who is Married here knows the answer to that loaded question ,,,,,,,,, Hey,,, Look at that Bird ! LOL,,,,,,

Pythos
10-10-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm a switch and will move with the whim of my lover, or partner. It helps when she is likewise.

Mythic
10-10-2012, 11:24 PM
depends on the scenario ;)

noeleena
10-11-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi,

Dominate , oh gee glad i saw that, the difference then between a male & female. cant answer as a male no idear. blank ....

All i will say is i gave of my self freely to Jos, or i gave what i had,

...noeleena...

Rogina B
10-11-2012, 05:16 AM
Sexually,dominant is fun...But then again,"playing" the submissive can be as well..It is all good...life is way too short,so SWITCH!!lol

Angela Campbell
10-11-2012, 12:43 PM
I am naturally submissive...up to a point. I will never let anyone take advantage of me but tend to be passive a lot. In girl mode I am more so. Would rather flee than fight unless backed into a corner. I am not afraid of defending myself I just do not unless there is a need. I generally like it when someone else takes the lead. I am not weak willed but I am a follower. I can be strong if the situation calls for it and do not panic easily. I am a bit shy and in situations of a group of people...especially if I do not know them well...I tend to sit back and watch and listen. Unless asked I usually keep my opinions to myself. Sexually I prefer the submissive side.

Foxglove
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
The problem with being dominant is that then you have to tell them what you want them to do. Can't be bothered. That's their problem.

Just stay out of my hair. That's when I can get pretty nasty--though I don't if anybody's ever been overly impressed with that.

Annabelle

Miss Mandy
10-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I once tried to dominate my wife...however, we are on much more equal footing now...as Miss Jessica, I can fully identify with her struggles and concerns. In my attempt to become one with her, I had to start wearing her clothes and make-up :)

Diane Maple
10-11-2012, 02:57 PM
It depends on the mood and how things are going. Both roles are fun. So long as both don't choose to be sub at the same time

Foxglove
10-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I once tried to dominate my wife...

This reminded me of a joke:

As soon as they were married, he let her know who was boss. He looked her straight in the eye and said, "You're the boss!"

kendra_gurl
10-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I am always in charge at my house as long as my wife is not around. Seriously I would love if my wife was far more dominate than she is

Lynn Marie
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm a very dominant male in that mode. En femme, I'm a bit more submissive. I kind of like to be led, but will lead when no one else will! Somebody has to.

Trishasubcd
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
I am a manager and a dominant man but....when I dress up I am a good submissive girl.

Michelle V
10-11-2012, 08:06 PM
We take turns, the most important life changing decisions we make together but I usually have the last word, or should I say she makes it seem that way, if you are married you know things ultimately work out how the wife plans thing out, as a husband we feel like the decisions are made by us but we all know it is BS. Our romantic more intimate life she seems to like to be the dominate one and who am I to complain, I really enjoy when she takes charge and let's me know what's what

Samantha_Smile
10-12-2012, 02:40 AM
Ive not read any replies, this is just a direct reply to the OP

I think it's a little pre-historic to suggest that either partner in a relationship should be dominant.
As CDs and TVs we should know better than any other classification of men how it feels to be in touch with our femininity, so why then hold the ancient value that men should dominate women, or even vice versa?
Are you suggesting that women are the weaker sex? I agree that on average, their bodies are weaker, but that's where the story ends.

A relationship is about love, trust and teamwork, none of those factors require dominance.
A relationship isn't a competition, so why feel the need to dominate?

Tina B.
10-12-2012, 08:43 AM
I am neither a leader nor a follower, I'm going the way I'm going, others can join me if they wish or go there own way, it's all cool. My wife is my partner, not my servant, and I'm hers, we are equal, until a threat arises, then I'm the one to watch out for, I'm very protective of the little lady. But while I am her safety shield in bad times, she is my support system when it comes to me emotionally, so our support is equal, but different.
Tina B.

Tara D. Rose
10-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Well, I'm not sure either if I'm dominate over my wife. I think we may be equals in most things. But now sometimes we do like to roleplay, She is very good with that role in play. And I say yes ma'am to her for a week afterwards. I still get nervous when I hear the rattle of the hand cuffs.

Gillian Gigs
10-12-2012, 10:38 AM
One of things that I have attempted to do in my life, is have a sense of consistancy of who I am in what ever role that I have to play. My CDing has been the last area of my life that a consistancy has come. Why, I do not know, but this I do know, I have to be true to myself, and my character. Are the gentler sides of my character feminine, or who knows what? The point is to accept oneself within the nature of who we really are. I can fill what ever role is necessary to get the job done. I would rather be a good "right hand" to someone than be the poorer leader. Yet, if a leader is needed, then I will gladly fill the "job" to get "it done". Within the home, my wife wants me to be the leader/dominant one, and that is regardless of whether I am in lingerie, a skirt and pantyhose or not. After all, it is only clothing... right! We have a very equal relationship, by example I hold 51% to her 49%, some one has to be the tie breaker.

How can true love be dominant? Love is sacrificing your wants and needs for the benefit of another. I only dress at home (my sacrifice), and my wife knows that I get enjoyment out of wearing lingerie, skirts and the lot. I am just a guy that has this quirk of liking to wear certain types of clothes, which are mostly found in the womens wear section of the store. She knows this and through love accepts this part of me (her sacrifice?). Within our relationship, she wants me to be the leader (dominant?), and my character allows this to happen in a loving way.

We all have "roles" to play in this life, some are easier to play than others. Within the home sometimes the roles switch, whether it is for "recreation", or to fill a temporary need. The point being that roles can and do change, but hopefully by mutual agreement of both parties.

PS. I always get the last word in, It is usually, "yes dear". LOL

Thera Home
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
My kids are dominant around these parts

:Party2:

Thera

Desiree2bababe
10-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Not with men, I'm not. Always the submissive. With the wife, I tried to be but that didn't work out so well.

karusiskaru
10-12-2012, 01:59 PM
I am submissive in general , even as a guy I usually can't assert and dominate much and I find myself excited by situations where I follow orders , guess I like serving.. as a CD this tendency is amplified...