PDA

View Full Version : Let's just wait and see.....

Jennifer W
08-13-2012, 09:29 AM
My wife, 26 y/o daughter and I were sitting watching TV together on Friday night and I was sitting next to my daughter and she noticed the embroidered dog on my tank top near the bottom. If you don't know, this is the logo for the VS Pink collection. She said "a dog?" as she touched it. I just gave her a "woof" in reply and left it at that. Later after my daughter left the room, I went to my wife and apologised (she prefers my kids don't know what I wear) and she just shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well, let's just wait and see if she says anything else" and so far she hasn't. Our daughter wears mostly VS Pink clothes, so we are sure she knows. I've worn those tanks in front of her almost daily and this was the first time she said anything. I'm not going to change what I wear because I don't care, but my wife does.

It made for an interesting moment I just thought I'd share.

Jen

Beverley Sims
08-13-2012, 09:43 AM
I have a couple of Ralph Lauren Breast cancer polos that I wear now and then in male mode.
I have been asked by observant womenf I know anyone with breast cancer. Of course I do know about six that have hopefully beaten it.
I still wear the shirts.

tiffanyjo89
08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
If it was a little girl (below the "tween" years) I'd say that I'd side with your wife (let your kid be a kid and not worry about "daddy being a little weird") but since your daughter is above college age, I'd say that if she asks you should be honest with her. Why? Even though you have hid it from her for a while, her asking would require that you be honest, or risk losing the trust you have in her. It only takes one incident for a child, no matter how old, to lose all trust they have in their parents. Once that trust is lost, it's very had to rebuild.