PDA

View Full Version : A nice gensture

KlaireLarnia
08-13-2012, 02:31 PM
I have just had a long weekend away with my wife and daughter for a much needed break and family time together. On Sunday it looked like it may rain and typically I had no jumper with me. Our hotel was right next to an Asda so we called in at 9am (love the revised Sunday opening times thanks to the Olympics) to get one. 90% of the time I wear zip-up jumpers or sweater tops and in this Asda they only had pull over ones for men and none with Zips. So as I am looking I hear my wife call me, so I walk along the isles and there she is at a women's rack looking at hooded zip-up sweater tops. She picks off a red/orange one and asks if I like it, and I said yes as I did. She then asks what size I am so I tell her and suggest we go up up one size to a 20. In front of our daughter she tells me to try it on, looks at me and then says try a size 22 - which I did. She looks again and says she likes it and we should get it! (Below is the Turquoise version currently on the Asda website which I also have at home :) ).

http://assets3.pinimg.com/upload/503629170799023818_CVxbRUnP_c.jpg

Okay I know this is just a jumper, but the fact SHE suggested the women's top over the male one, she choose the colour and agreed to me having it. She was perfectly happy for me to wear it in public when we got to our destination for the day and wear it for a good hour until the weather warmed up more.

Considering she said I was not to dress at all (bar my jeans & trainers which I always wear out), I was amazed at this. I know it was her choice and she held the reigns on what I could wear, but all the same the gesture is not missed or gone unappreciated.

Sometimes my wife amazes me and when she does I am reminded just how wonderful she really is at times.

Tracii G
08-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Looks comfy I like it love the color too.

KlaireLarnia
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Looks comfy I like it love the color too.

It is. It was ideal for keeping the wind out of me without being cumbersome, and (as I like to) I could unzip it as the weather warmed up to keep myself warm enough.

reb.femme
08-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Our hotel was right next to an Asda so we called in at 9am (love the revised Sunday opening times thanks to the Olympics) to get one.

Excellent that your wife has gone that extra step, a major step forward and at her own pace. :)

I like a lot of the stuff out of Asda and the wife helped me get a couple of tops on Saturday. Took one back on Sunday for a larger size and then got another whilst on my own. Had some strange looks from a couple of GGs whilst checking the up-sized top against another, but I just smiled and carried on.

That was my first en femme shop on my own. :battingeyelashes:

Rebecca x

kimdl93
08-13-2012, 05:27 PM
It was very nice of her and bodes well for the future.

lingerieLiz
08-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Good going. Years ago my wife and daughter bought one for me. I still wear it and have added several others.

bridget thronton
08-14-2012, 01:34 AM
Nice purchase and great family

RainyNightGirl
08-14-2012, 01:47 AM
I have done a lot of shopping for femme clothes in Asda too and never had any problem. But I do prefer some of the lines they have in Sainsbury's....must be a Gok Wan fan then LOL.

KlaireLarnia
08-14-2012, 02:00 AM
I have done a lot of shopping for femme clothes in Asda too and never had any problem. But I do prefer some of the lines they have in Sainsbury's....must be a Gok Wan fan then LOL.

I like both. The belt I am wearing now is from Sainsbury's (it is a floral leather reversible belt) but Asda is cheaper. I don't think on this occasion my wife was bothered with the shop - more a case of getting me something I would wear and she and my daughter know I wear women's clothes so it obviously was not an issue for her to get me a female sweater top.

I did enjoy the double take off one woman who passed as as my wife told me to try on a larger size and watched me put in on :)

Beverley Sims
08-14-2012, 07:32 AM
The world is full of surprises, and I get surprised every day by something.:)

KlaireLarnia
08-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes and then you see the flip side where today when it was warm I had to cover up the t-shirt I was wearing when it turned warm as it was not a male one as it was black with bright pink shoulders, piping on it. Even though we where outside of our local area, my wife was not 100% comfortable with it in public - though she was happy for me to wear it out with the sweat top initially. Some you win, some you don't and some you have to accept will be a draw. Still any positives are taken as that and I still respect and do as I am asked in public so she is comfortable.