PDA

View Full Version : A new experience for me

Richelle
08-13-2012, 02:33 PM
While out and about and presenting as a male with my wife, it is not uncommon that we are greeted with “hello ladies” when we walk into a store or restaurant. This is due to the fact that while presenting as a male I always carrier a small bag, ware earrings, frequently have colored nail polish and longer hair and sometme ware a women’s tank top. However, this never survives the closer interaction.

So I was very surprised last week. We were in Yosemite on vacation. I was wearing a solid red tank top that has a low neck line, drop style earrings and a light brown nail polish. I was paying for some food in the village cafeteria with my credit card and the cashier asked for ID. She looked at my drivers license and returned it to me saying thank you ma’am. The when she returned my credit card with the receipt, she hesitated and asked “Is it Miss or Mister?” I said mister and she said OK and handed me the card and receipt.

I thought this was very unique as I was not trying to present as anything other than a male. No one has ever questioned it once they have talked to me or taken a closer look at my face.

Richelle

My Lady Marsea
08-13-2012, 02:56 PM
Since you state that you present with so many female "visual clues" (the actual word escapes me) that you are often like addressed as ma'am or wutever, it might have been best if you'd answered to the cashier "miss". Now we so totally have yet another SA who might just automatically assume that everyone who is like certainly a male upon speaking or closer inspection, esp ID, prefers the male salutations. This is just my personal opinion, being as I 'm not out there for giggles n chuckles and much prefer the female pronouns. Just my two cents, even though my ID is marked "F". .

katie_barns
08-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Sounds like she was very understanding and didn't want to insult you by using the wrong pronoun. It would be very interesting to understand what prompted her to question your preference in gender. Especially after seeing your driver license. Was it more than the ear-rings and nail polish? Was she very naive, or very observant?

If I was in that situation I would have had to say "either is OK".

I would consider it a compliment even though you were presenting male.

VickysBFF
08-13-2012, 04:38 PM
Richelle: This is sort of the "Murphy's Law" of crossdressing, if you will. There have been times when I have been dressed to the nines en femme with what I thought was a flawless and perfect look and was clocked or called "Sir" or something of that nature and another time when I was very much a bummy guy in an old t-shirt, jeans, and a several days worth of beard growth riding the bus when I was trying to exit through the crowd the driver told the passengers to "move and let the lady through". I just had to laugh to myself.