PDA

View Full Version : Amish crossdressers?

Belfast Bill
08-13-2012, 05:12 PM
During a recent trip I met a really nice Amish family, there were eight boys and no girls in the family, and it started me thinking what would it be like the grow up as a boy and desire to crossdress.
Your Mom would not have any high heels, stockings, pantyhose, makeup to borrow, it would be a choice between your Mom's plain blue dress or brown dress?

STACY B
08-13-2012, 05:19 PM
But hell they dont know any better ,, How could they know about heels an stocking an all the different clothes they dont have TV ,, No paper,, Magazines ,, Nothing ,,Blue dress is fem ,, Im sure they have CDs there to .

kimdl93
08-13-2012, 05:26 PM
I suspect the kids know more than their appearance might let on...and anyway, having grown up in a farm family, i know it's still possible to dream. And someday even an Amish CDr can party like its 1699!

linda allen
08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Crossdressing doesn't have to be about heels and makeup. It is for some folks but not for others.

Think of what it would be like to be an Islamic crossdresser!

SherriePall
08-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Actually, the Amish allow their offspring a year (I believe) at a certain age to check out the outside world to see if they want to remain in the faith or not. No telling what they do at that time.

flatlander_48
08-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Might be a bit tough getting around the beard, unless you were going for the Bearded Lady look...

Emma Leigh
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Do ya think in places like North Korea there might be CD,s desiring to wear womens overalls????

kellycan27
08-13-2012, 05:58 PM
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was a promotion for a new Weird Al Yankovic song:heehee:

prettytoes
08-13-2012, 06:00 PM
In my business, I deal with several Amish business owners. It's funny when I pull up in my truck and all the kids come running out, barefoot, to see the "Englishman". They look up all wide-eyed, like they have never seen anything like me. Imagine if I was wearing a skirt!
I do know that their religion is very strict on many things; and I'm pretty sure that crossdressing would get a person "shunned" (no contact with family, etc....ever).
I went last week to pick up some moulding, and the kids were very excited, as they were hooking 2 horses to the buggy to go shopping...the store was a long 11 miles away!
They are very nice people to do business with, and they have a lot of pride in their work....something that is hard to find nowadays. I often think the "simple life" might not be such a bad thing...although I would miss my pink toenails!

Kate Simmons
08-13-2012, 06:34 PM
None such stuff goes on in those families and communities. They are just too closely knit. Boys be raised to work on the farm and girls learn to do all domestic chores, including watching the road stands.:)

Cam
08-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Remember, not all of us are trying to pass as female. I am a large bearded bald an who happens to feel most comfortable in a skirt and panties.

Lainie
08-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Statistically the youngest of 8 boys is more likely than the average person to be gay. That might be more challenging for him than cross dressing.

Momarie
08-13-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm disheartened to read the assumptions and prejudice against people who live a little differently here.

lingerieLiz
08-13-2012, 09:59 PM
There is a whole bunch of misunderstanding here. Why would one assume that dress causes the desire or lack of to be the cause of CDing. Also Amish shave until they marry. The Amish have all the same issues that the English do. I've lived in a predominantly Amish community for awhile.

Some Amish girls are very cute and very sexy. Wearing thin cotton dresses does show lingerie which the young girls wear. In a buggy the horse knows the road home.

Why would anyone assume that they don't have the same desires and aberrations that any others do.

sterling12
08-14-2012, 04:03 AM
Yes, lets apply some logic. My Family comes from Southern Indiana, and my Grandfather had quite a bit of dealings with The Amish. They are a very tight-knit community, so people who are "different," probably don't get talked about. They probably just "disappear" and leave The Community. I've know several Mennonites who "moved on" to a life in The English World, and it has to be similar for The Amish. This also happens when a kid is smart, and longs for more education.

It would be foolish to think that the percentages of Gay, and Transgendered would be any different from The Rest of The World. I just know that there have to have been plenty of little boys and girls who had "other feelings." No doubt because of pressure, many suppressed those feelings. But All The Other's who couldn't suppress?

We have a long Reach, it is quite possible that someone formerly in The Amish Community will write us and tell their story. I am positive there are Transgendered Amish out there, can you step out of The Shadows and tell us about it? It's not about some prurient interest, it would help us to understand. We learn from each other around here, your input would help.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Shari
08-14-2012, 06:47 AM
Thanks for the laugh BB.

Did you ever meet an Eskimo crossdresser?

Beverley Sims
08-14-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm disheartened to read the assumptions and prejudice against people who live a little differently here.

Momarie, the perspective from this thread is on the humorous side of life.
I myself see the Islamic crossdresser as having it easy as all you have to do is show your eyes.
I spoke in a recent thread about a discussion with Black Africans and the "N" word amongst other things.
It was on an AMTRAK service to Chicago. We all had a pleasant conversation without angst or ill feeling.
I had another conversation with some Amish on another trip from Seattle to Chicago.
We were surrounded by about 20 of them in a coach class seat and I asked questions of them, they of me and we all went away a little more enlightened.
We were asked if we would like to visit and stay in their community but time constraints meant we had to get to Chicago to fly to Europe in a couple of days.
I was a tourist and wanted to know what it was all about. Others in the train shunned us all completely. I have sat in the front of the bus and in the back of the bus and talked to a variety of immigrants to the US, asked questions sometimes dangerous ones and always had a pleasant reply. Why, because they are flattered to think that someone else actually cared. Only once did I meet with STONY silence, then I moved on.
One thing that came out of both discussions was that they all had jokes about white people, slavery, religion, dress and customs.
I have no hesitation about jokes of any type as long as they are in good taste or do not go past the boundary of the discussion at the time.
In China I am a guilo, France, they just love some US citizens. Make an effort to speak French and you are ok. The Irish are full of Irish jokes and the New Zealanders love the Australians. They call Australia the West Island. Australians are always telling Sheep jokes about the New Zealanders.
Hawaii like Alaska are not part of the United States either.
Sorry its a bit of a long post but what the heck.

NicoleScott
08-14-2012, 07:55 AM
One thing that came out of both discussions was that they all had jokes about white people, slavery, religion, dress and customs.
I have no hesitation about jokes of any type as long as they are in good taste or do not go past the boundary of the discussion at the time.

Totally agree, Beverley. Nothing wrong with a little good-spirited fun about our differences. Let's not be wound up so tight that we can't enjoy a little humor, and that includes making fun of ourselves at times. But some people will always insist that a gay joke is an anti-gay statement, and some people don't know the difference between racial and racist. Same with cultural, religious, or other differences.

Debra Russell
08-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Lets all look in the mirror and have a good laugh :D....................Debra

almisami
08-14-2012, 02:06 PM
Think of what it would be like to be an Islamic crossdresser!

I actually own a few really pretty Islamic outfits from when my cousin went to Qatar. They're seriously comfortable even when compared to good western clothing. Even without being traditional, theres this neat boutique nearby that caters to Muslims and I really like the long-sleeved summer outfits there (surprisingly cool linen, and saves me sunscreen).

Also, ironically, Islam has a fatwa (religious law jurisprudence) that makes them accept transsexuals. The more you know~

Amish crossdressing must be hard since they don't have razor blades...

Melanie Sykes
08-17-2012, 05:47 AM
And someday even an Amish CDr can party like its 1699!

Haha - that's brilliant!!

Momarie
08-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Momarie, the perspective from this thread is on the humorous side of life.
I myself see the Islamic crossdresser as having it easy as all you have to do is show your eyes.
I spoke in a recent thread about a discussion with Black Africans and the "N" word amongst other things.
It was on an AMTRAK service to Chicago. We all had a pleasant conversation without angst or ill feeling.
I had another conversation with some Amish on another trip from Seattle to Chicago.
We were surrounded by about 20 of them in a coach class seat and I asked questions of them, they of me and we all went away a little more enlightened.
We were asked if we would like to visit and stay in their community but time constraints meant we had to get to Chicago to fly to Europe in a couple of days.
I was a tourist and wanted to know what it was all about. Others in the train shunned us all completely. I have sat in the front of the bus and in the back of the bus and talked to a variety of immigrants to the US, asked questions sometimes dangerous ones and always had a pleasant reply. Why, because they are flattered to think that someone else actually cared. Only once did I meet with STONY silence, then I moved on.
In China I am a guilo, France, they just love some US citizens. Make an effort to speak French and you are ok. The Irish are full of Irish jokes and the New Zealanders love the Australians. They call Australia the West Island. Australians are always telling Sheep jokes about the New Zealanders.
Hawaii like Alaska are not part of the United States either.
Sorry its a bit of a long post but what the heck.

Ironic isn't it?
Just saying....