PDA

View Full Version : Wow! What a day! Amy had some fun!

Amy R Lynn
08-13-2012, 10:34 PM
So.... I needed a good fitting bra. I just got my forms and the bra that I had just didn't fit right at all. It was to loose. So I made up m mind that I needed to get a good fitting bra. I was determined to try one on. I went to a mall that was pretty far away from where I lived, and found a Victoria's Secret. I made my way to the back where they had all of the bras and panties (My heart was pounding). I found a SA and tod her that I am a cross dresser and needed to find a good fitting bra (Heart nearly jumping from my chest). She didn't even bat an eye, and said that she would be happy to help me right after she was done with another customer. When she cme back I explained to her how nervous I was. She told me not to worry, she has friends who dress and it is not that big of a deal. She helped me find a style that I liked and a size that I thought would work. Then.... I went to the fitting room! :o Tried the bra on. I wasn't sure if it was the right size, it felt a LOT tighter than my other one. So the SA asked if I wanted her to make any adjustments. She came in and looked things over, said it looked great! I went on to buy the bra and matching silk panties.

Apparently my confidence was very high. The girl at the regster askd if it was for a special ocassion. I confessed to her tht it was for me! She gave me a quick look, and said nothing more about it. I wonder if I was the first man she came across in VS that freely admitted it was for me. She seemed to have that socked look for a second. It was kind of fun to do.

So... I went on to buy two dresses, a pair of leggings, and a set of wedges. I didn't have the same courage to try the dresses on. They were marked as large, and I was pretty sure they would fit. They weren't too expensive either. Left the tags on them in case I needed to take them back.

The shoes though was another experience. I went to the DSW. I hit the clearance rack and spent about an hour or so trying on different womens shoes. I did get a couple of glances:brolleyes:, but no one said a thing to me.

All in all I have to say it was a GREAT shopping experience. Once again, the voice in my head made it out to be much worse than it was. I can't wait to dress and post some pics. I also look forward to going shopping again!

Tara D. Rose
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
This shopping experience that you described here sounds so incredibly awesome. I can only imagine the nervousness you felt when you said the bra is for you. And I'm sure that you got a boost of confidence when the SA was all cool with it. Then to the register and with that confidence, you told the other girl they are for you, and she gave you a certain look. There are highs and lows I guess. But I do know that when things like this happen in a cd's life they want to share it as you have done here. I feel you so much. I know that when you walked away from the purchase that you had a smile on your face and feeling so good about the whole experience. I've only been there one time in my life. Congratulations that you had this experience.

a1stephie
08-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Congrats, Amy. I had a similar experience some months ago in Fredericks of Hollywood. I came right out and told the SA the same as you, and it went very well. On the third time there I had the same fitting room experience as you with another SA, and I have to admit, it was a major thrill. All above-board mind you, very professional, but this has been a fantasy of mine since flip knows when and she really made my day with - a corset fitting no less so I really needed her help.

I am very glad you had the same fun and it boosted your confidence to go on and shop some more. It kind of puts you in 'the zone', despite any weird glances. Just wish I could turn that level of confidence on whenever I wanted lol!

Amy R Lynn
08-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I was def in the zone of I don't give a rats a$$ who looks funny at me. It was a great feeling. For me it was conquering the fear that felt so great. I'm like you I wish I could just turn that confidence on when I need it.

bridget thronton
08-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Well done some great purchases

Jolene Robertson
08-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Congratulations Amy. That's a big step and the world didn't end. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Hugs
Jolene

Beverley Sims
08-14-2012, 06:47 AM
I still remember my first bra fitting with great fondness.

Anita_2
08-14-2012, 07:04 AM
Very nice day – and very nice shopping I hope I will see your pics. But I think such experience with SA is possibly in USA or Canada but in some part of Europe not.:sad:

katie_barns
08-14-2012, 07:10 AM
I was def in the zone of I don't give a rats a$$ who looks funny at me. It was a great feeling. For me it was conquering the fear that felt so great. I'm like you I wish I could just turn that confidence on when I need it.

When you finally decide you "don't give a rats a$$ who looks funny at" you; it opens up all kinds of doors. It gives you a new freedom and life will never be the same. Well done!

Anita_2
08-14-2012, 07:11 AM
In connection with my first post I always must go in shopping with my wife and SA are strange watching me sometimes – sometimes there are a few comments is my role in shopping to be banking automat for paying?

kimdl93
08-14-2012, 08:36 AM
That's the way its done. Just get out there and do it. Isn't it true that the voices in your head make things appear far more difficult and threatening than they are.

Amy R Lynn
08-14-2012, 04:12 PM
There is a fear within us that someone is going to just drag us out and embarass the crap out of us. I think that goes back to the childhood days when kids would embarass the crap out of you if you were seen in any way as being different, let alone girly. I think this is somthing that was programmed into us at an early age. We still have that fear. However, it was very liberating facing that fear and going against it!

Anita,
Hun, I'm not really sure what to tell you. It sounds like your wife is very supportive of you. That is fantastic. I don't know how accepting folks are over in Europe, but yes I live in the States. I have to imagine that there are CDr's in Europe, and they have to be buying their clothes somewhere. Like I said before, sometimes those voices in our heads make it worse than it really is. At least it was for me yesterday. Sometimes you have to wrench up the courage and just do it. Even if you buy on article of clothing at a time. You may be suprised at what you will accomplish!

Anita_2
08-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Amy thank you for support. In my country in southern part of Europe is to much primitive people. On my luck in male mode I look really he man (so I can not pass as woman anyway) so there is no much question – for now my wife is OK but we will see.
Hugs

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Hi Amy, That was a great story glad it worked out for you.

Tracii G
08-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Yep you did good thats the way to do it.No fear no shame.