PDA

View Full Version : Where it is going in this days

Anita_2
08-14-2012, 07:44 AM
In last time is lot feminised male on the street and there are some offers as this for nylon tights “for man”. Also there is a lot offer of cosmetics “for man”. What do you think is that way of society to accept CD or that is another way of great corporations to take extra profit or maybe both – one side will lead to another?:welcom:

kimdl93
08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
I suspect its a little of both. It does seem that the major cosmetic companies have been trying to promote male cosmetics for quite some time...but haven't gotten much traction. Maybe now they realize that the market has to be differentiated between general male grooming and those who want to push the gender boundaries a bit. I think the same is true for stockings. There are probably some guys out there who really want to wear nylons but have been reluctant because the available brands were intended for women. In the end, these guys are probably cross dressers who just can't quite come to grips with the idea.

Beverley Sims
08-14-2012, 09:54 AM
The cosmetics for men has been growing in acceptance for a long time now.
Twenty years ago there was very little other than anti acne treatments, deodrant and shaving products.
You still have the same things but they are called men's fragrances, moisturizers, face cleansers, exfoliants, all types of shampoos and hair dyes as well.
Underwear is made brief in bright colors and made of nylon.
Shirts and trousers are all made with lighter fabrics.
Some of this has to do with globalization of the clothing industry where at one time it was all manufactured in a local city not more than 1000 miles from the sales point.
Men are able to express a softer side of themselves as well and this is encouraged by the media with such things as understand the female point of view, if you want to hit on her.:)

KlaireLarnia
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
The cosmetics for men has been growing in acceptance for a long time now.
You still have the same things but they are called men's fragrances, moisturizers, face cleansers, exfoliants, all types of shampoos and hair dyes as well.
Some of this has to do with globalization of the clothing industry where at one time it was all manufactured in a local city not more than 1000 miles from the sales point.
Men are able to express a softer side of themselves as well and this is encouraged by the media with such things as understand the female point of view, if you want to hit on her.:)

Acutally I disagree with the reasons you give. You are right in that the market for male grooming and skin care products is a growing thing. This is more to do with the common Health and Beauty trend we see in male and female markets. We are encouraged to look after our bodies both on the inside and the outside. A healthy lifestyle is all the rage and if you are fat, uncaring, not interested and basically a slob your chances of getting a date are portrayed as "pretty much no chance".

Healthy living comes in two forms: The inside is done with healthy eating, fitness and exercise. The outside is part exercise but also skin/hair care which is not seen as a way of expressing a softer side but more to do with showing that they care about their bodies and will look after themselves - which gives a positive vibe to women and potential partners who see this as a good thing and in line with their way of thinking. It shows this is a person who cares about themselves and therefore should make a good match.

My wife does not see my using hand creams, exfoliating facial washes, deodorants, face creams and hair care products as a way of showing my feminine side, but more of a way of showing I actually give a c**p about how I look these days and am willing to do things to make myself look good. This trend is pushed in male magazines like FMH. Maxium, Esquire etc.

It has nothing to do with Cross dressing, showing a feminine side or being softer or more gentle. It is purely down to a healthy lifestyle and showing you care about your body. It is a largely untapped market which at the moment is showing there is a LOT of interest as people look to make these changes.

I think we have seen pretty much all we will get. Don't expect multi-coloured lipsticks and eye shadow for men. I cannot see that happening (or at least not on a large scale). But skin care is down to health...

Krista Doll
08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
It could be a little bit of both but My personal opinion would be the almighty dollar$$$$$$$

Anita_2
08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Thank you all – lot of good point I agree with opinion there is no social evolution only the money and profit – that is what I am afraid off – they sell bra for mail – I like to wear bra for female :) and stockings or tights – unisex is little killing that all – what you think about that? :devil:

Anita_2
08-14-2012, 03:33 PM
In connection with that all “We are not ants (unisex worker) we are human with fantasy :yt: