PDA

View Full Version : Dress Code

kimdl93
08-14-2012, 01:28 PM
For those of you who work at home at least part time, what's your personal dress code?

I work full-time as a consultant, 95% of the time at home and nearly always en femme. I usually try to dress in a business casual manner - part of an effort to keep myself in a professional mindset. In cooler weather, that usually means a nice knit top, slacks or a skirt. But it this summer's heat, I find I'm allowing myself to wear cooler and more decidely casual outfits, including linen shorts and tank tops.

How about you?

Beverley Sims
08-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Linen shorts and tank tops in the summer.
Usually no one around to bother me.
Other times when cooler a blouse jumper and mostly jeans.

STACY B
08-14-2012, 01:36 PM
All depends on the weather an if I feel Frisky or not when I get up ,, Mostly capri's ,,, Sometimes jeans ,,, Mostly Nike's ,, Some times sandals ,, Tank under Tshirt . But if I feel realy crazy I go even CRAZIER ,,Never can tell ?

Tracii G
08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I can believe that Stacy go with the flow huh?

Barbara Ella
08-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Be very careful about Stacy's flow. I believe it can be a rip tide at times..lol

But yes, dress to feel comfortable doing what it is you need to do.

Barbara

Amy Fakley
08-14-2012, 01:59 PM
personally I like to keep it just a notch above "business casual". I like dresses or skirts ... maybe because it's only a week or two out of every other month or so that I can dress all day (including work), so when I do ... I dunno ... I have to wear pants the rest of my life, so when I get me time ... no pants mode = true; :p.

IwishIwasTracy
08-14-2012, 02:29 PM
For me it is a skirt and blouse. During the winter months tights to go with my skirt

Karren H
08-14-2012, 02:33 PM
If I worked at home I'd take dress code literally!

kimdl93
08-14-2012, 02:51 PM
If I worked at home I'd take dress code literally!

Karren, in your line of work, can I assum that the dress code would would include a hard hat and miner's lamp?

Jennifer in CO
08-14-2012, 02:55 PM
full under dress (doesn't everybody), nice blouse/top and usually a knee length (or shorter) skirt as I quit wearing dresses years ago - wife's preference. Shoes are usually loafers/flats or low heel sandals. I can't remember the last time I wore makeup...

Jenn

Cynthia Anne
08-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Skirt and blouse for me! Nothing too fancy!

Veronica27
08-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I never thought of creating a formal dress code, but I usually tried to keep my appearance as professional as I could. That meant a dress or skirt and blouse, hosiery, heels, some jewelry(dangling earings are my favourite), full lingerie underneath with my forms, and of course a wig. I hadn't advanced to the stage of makeup in those days, but it was the only missing aspect. I occasionally used nail polish, but time constraints limited my use of that.

I shunned the casual look, never wore slacks or shorts, and disregarded comfort in favour of protocol. At times some items could become downright uncomfortable, especially bras and pantyhose, but I refused to abandon them because after all I was at work and would have to wait until I was "home" before slipping into something more comfortable.

Retirement has changed a lot of things, including my crossdressing habits, and I am often partially en femme, in and out of my bras depending on the discomfort or forgetting about crossdressing for weeks on end. I haven't worn a wig in years, as my own hair is now almost down to my waist, and I am blessed with a pretty full crop on top. I usually have it in a ponytail, tied low for drab purposes, but tied high for femme situations. The heat this summer has kept the "tail" high most of the time as it is much cooler that way. I often find myself forgetting to change some small detail when I have to switch to drab, but so far nothing has been said by anyone. My hair is the most likely thing to forget, but I have accidently left rings and female shorts on as well.

Veronica

outhiking
08-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Skirts and a nice top or sweater for me. I'll add dresses once I buy some and hose, always hose.

bridget thronton
08-15-2012, 01:02 AM
When working at home skirt suit or dress - more casual stuff in the summer heat or to do housework

noeleena
08-15-2012, 01:44 AM
Hi,

Most days long skirt's , blue jean type colour or a black skirt, tops , tee's or shirts depending on weather & its winter here so a jumper as well with over coat as in womens ,

As to working some times same as said , or shorts & overalls, as to hard hats long ago now its just my bean'e hat or sunhats, sneaker type shoes, or boots & pinny yea i know im a chippy. well when ya done 46 years....... ya cant not,,,,

...noeleena...

toby
08-15-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm a self employed audio engineer. What I wear depends partly on whether the session is attended or not (whether the band are in the studio or not). If they don't attend I like skirts and a blouse but nothing too casual. Sadly I don't wear heels in my studio as they mark the floor. If they do attend it's casual drab.

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Kim, At least skirt blouse and heels&hose.

joank
08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
T-sirts, spagetti strap tops, capris, light airy skirts, sandals and, of course, shorts.

GinaD
08-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I enjoy tiny shorts, bikini top or speghetti strap tank top, and heels just to feel sexy, with full make up and wig to boot.

linda allen
08-16-2012, 06:32 AM
I'm retired so there's no "work dress code" for me. But, All I have is causal or business clothes, no night club or hooker outfits. I'm usually dressed in what would pass as casual business. Blouse, skirt, 1.5" pumps, necklace, earrings, bracelet, etc.

Marlana
08-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Watch out Stacy's going crazy!!lol No dress code allowed here. Maybe sometime in the future.