PDA

View Full Version : I went out

IngeInCO
08-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I went out last week as Inge. I had a hoodie whilst going to the garage, it's not attached. Went to a park and primped a bit (hair, shoes) I did have make up and that. Then drove around, manual lol missed the clutch few times and only stalled out once....damn heels! Rocked up to thrift store and immediately left. Not my favourite shopping experience; but a place to go. I then got a notion for new hair. Went to Denver and found it! Wore the new hair home! Well took it off as I drove into the Garage.

My first time out as Inge...

Um I did just drive around once... So second

Tracii G
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Good for you!!! I love to take a drive and have nowhere in mind just go wherever.
Went to the gas station I usually go to today with out thinking about being dressed, sucked it up and went on in anyway paid for my gas and drink pumped my gas and drove off.
It was full on femme mode today and it felt better than 3/4 femme which I have done some of here lately.
Enjoy the time Inge.

Beverley Sims
08-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Ahh! the first of many outings.
Go for it Inge.

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Hi Inge, You are out there now there's no holding you back now.

Cynthia Anne
08-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Great job Inge! It gets easier each time! Before long those damn heels will be walking you into that thrift store! Hugs!

bridget thronton
08-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Very well done and you went shopping as well - nice

SherriePall
08-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Now you've done it! First time out naturally leads to second time out and then, the rest is herstory! Heels make a difference while driving -- even with an automatic! I'm smiling remembering the first time I did it.

kimdl93
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Thats was a great excursion, Inge. Expecialy when you took the diversion to Denver and found a new wig. Now its time to venture into some places with people. Get out there and "rock" Boulder ;)

Georgia_Maine
08-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Hi Inge, out of curiosity where in Denver did you buy your new hair? How was the experience?

IngeInCO
08-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Hi Inge, out of curiosity where in Denver did you buy your new hair? How was the experience?

I went to Studio Lites, this is the third wig I bought from there. The other two in male mode, they are super helpful!

ArleneRaquel
08-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Once you go out en femme it gets easier & easier. :thumbsup::)

Tera
08-16-2012, 12:02 AM
One of my biggest goals right now is to go out for a drive. I just don't have the opportunity :( But someday! And I've been gathering that driving in heels is a whole new thing, in terms of being used to driving in flat male shoes. I have some femme flats but I gotta try the heels whenever I get the chance. And hey maybe by then I'll have some forms and a wig and it'll be totally legit! Exciting to think about :D

Lorileah
08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Inge, great for you :) Glad SL helped you out. Now take a deep breath, nothing bad happened. This is how it usually goes so next time, You can go other places :) Small steps

Amanda_Robinson
08-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Inge, wasnt that fun! Good for you. The gas station was my first time out of the car as well. It gets easier and more fun. Baby steps worked well for me.

IngeInCO
08-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Inge, wasnt that fun! Good for you. The gas station was my first time out of the car as well. It gets easier and more fun. Baby steps worked well for me.

It was fun! What's weird is that I didn't feel too anxious after the first few minutes. Honestly most people just seem to give a shit. Oh well I'll let y'all know of any excursions in the future! Thanks for the support!

Kelly Smith
09-23-2012, 06:38 AM
You may want to consider a trip to Macy's. They tend to be TG friendly and you can take it in small steps. Checking out the shoe sale rack is an easy confidence builder. After shoes an accessable next step is the Mac counter. Mac loves us. By then you should be feeling reckless enough to try on some dresses. That is a thrill.

Claire Cook
09-23-2012, 08:01 AM
It was fun! What's weird is that I didn't feel too anxious after the first few minutes. Honestly most people just seem to give a shit. Oh well I'll let y'all know of any excursions in the future! Thanks for the support!

Way to go Inge! If you are like many of us, you'll remember that first time .. years down the road. And, yes, most people are too busy doing their own thing.

Angela Campbell
09-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi Inge, seeing your posts here remind me how much I miss Denver. I lived there for about 5 years and loved it. I have only gone out a few times dressed and it was a heart pounding experience to go alone. I went to Wal Mart at night and the sky didn't fall but being alone made it stressful. Good luck to you.

reb.femme
09-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I went out last week as Inge. I had a hoodie whilst going to the garage, it's not attached. Went to a park and primped a bit (hair, shoes) I did have make up and that. Then drove around, manual lol missed the clutch few times and only stalled out once....damn heels! Rocked up to thrift store and immediately left. Not my favourite shopping experience; but a place to go. I then got a notion for new hair. Went to Denver and found it! Wore the new hair home! Well took it off as I drove into the Garage.

My first time out as Inge...

Um I did just drive around once... So second

Inge,

You look nice in your avatar, so don't think you would cause too much of a to-do where ever or whenever.
It's the overriding feeling of liberation achieved by going en femme that is absolutely addictive. Glad it well for you and it advances the cause for us all too!
Another sister on the streets......yeahhhh! :)

Reb

anastasiaprincess
09-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Well done it sounds like you had a nice time :)

Eryn
09-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Once you shop a few times en femme you'll realize how much easier it is than doing it in boy mode. Already having everything in place makes trying on things sooo much quicker and there's no angst about which dressing room to use.

You just have to remember to look at the GGs around you and dress as they do. A mini and platform heels might be good for an upscale boutique, but if you're shopping Kohl's you're better off in Capris or a simple dress that will make trying on clothes easier. At first it will seem as though everyone is looking at you, but pretty soon you realize that you're nothing special, just another customer walking in the door!

Jamie Christopher
09-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Inge:

You look good in your avatar, so know that when you venture out next time. All of us had that feeling the first time, but isn't it so exciting anyway? You'll grow to be more confident, and that's half the battle, acting like you belong there just as much as anyone else does. Build confidence, and smile! Enjoy your experiences, and later you'll look back and reflect "what was I so worried about anyway?" Next thing you'll be handing a cashier a 25% off coupon in the department store lingerie department, and she'll reply thank you mam......lol!

Jamie