PDA

View Full Version : Need a cd community in cali

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 08:59 AM
I'll will be moving to cali on monday and need a cd community, preferably in san diego. Any body have any suggestions?

VickysBFF
08-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Hi Prasaghes: I am not sure exactly what you mean by a "CD Community". San Diego is a very friendly and accepting city as a whole. The Hillcrest area is the "gayborhood", so to speak. The Center (the local LGBT community center) is located there as well as a variety of restaurants, shops, etc. I believe that there is a group called Neutral Corner that meets regularly although I do not know where.
The LGBT Weekly is the local LGBT weekly newspaper. They list lots of events and activities.
Visit the Center where you can pick up a copy of the LGBT Weekly as well as other local and regional LGBT publications. You will also likely be able to get information on groups, activities, etc. there.
There are a few folks from San Diego on the boards here who might be able to answer more questions for you.
Best of luck to you; I found San Diego to be a great place to visit or to live and a very friendly and welcoming community to all in the LGBT world.

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Thankyou so much ford the advice sweetie...... Are you currently in sd if not can you maybe set me up with some friends you may know from there?:)

joank
08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
Check this thread for people from SD and the surrounding area. There are alot. Also there is a Nuetral Corners org. for TG and, to a lesser exstent, CD's. I'm an hour + out from SD so I would have travel time issues.
Good Luck.

girltoy
08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Prasaghes: I am not sure exactly what you mean by a "CD Community". San Diego is a very friendly and accepting city as a whole. The Hillcrest area is the "gayborhood", so to speak. The Center (the local LGBT community center) is located there as well as a variety of restaurants, shops, etc. I believe that there is a group called Neutral Corner that meets regularly although I do not know where.
The LGBT Weekly is the local LGBT weekly newspaper. They list lots of events and activities.
Visit the Center where you can pick up a copy of the LGBT Weekly as well as other local and regional LGBT publications. You will also likely be able to get information on groups, activities, etc. there.
There are a few folks from San Diego on the boards here who might be able to answer more questions for you.
Best of luck to you; I found San Diego to be a great place to visit or to live and a very friendly and welcoming community to all in the LGBT world.

This is pretty much spot-on (coming from a local San Diegan) :D

VickysBFF
08-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Thankyou so much ford the advice sweetie...... Are you currently in sd if not can you maybe set me up with some friends you may know from there?:)

You are most welcome! I hope that it helps in some way. Unfortunately I am not in SD right now and I don't really have anyone that I can refer you to. Unfortunately San Diego pride is in July so it just passed. The one other thing that I thought of is that the Center does have two Transgender-specific events each year: the day of rememberance and the day of empowerment. I went to the day of empowerment either last year or the year before and if I recall correctly it was sometime close after Pride.
If it has not already happened I would recommend going. I met a lot of terrific people and got some good information as well.
And, there is a smaller Pride celebration in North County that may be coming up in Sept or Oct. I have not been myself but you may want to check it out.
Best of luck!

Mikaela
08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
I know a bunch of SD peeps travel up to Long Beach for the monthly Hamburger Mary's event.

Sara Jessica
08-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Neutral Corner is the local support / social group. Look it up online, they have been around for well over 20 years.

As for a "community", any metropolitan area is what you make of it.

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 04:11 PM
This is pretty much spot-on (coming from a local San Diegan) :D

Awesome well if youre ever in the area maybe we can go shopping or coffee.... I would love to make more friends that can relate with me

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 04:13 PM
You are most welcome! I hope that it helps in some way. Unfortunately I am not in SD right now and I don't really have anyone that I can refer you to. Unfortunately San Diego pride is in July so it just passed. The one other thing that I thought of is that the Center does have two Transgender-specific events each year: the day of rememberance and the day of empowerment. I went to the day of empowerment either last year or the year before and if I recall correctly it was sometime close after Pride.
If it has not already happened I would recommend going. I met a lot of terrific people and got some good information as well.
And, there is a smaller Pride celebration in North County that may be coming up in Sept or Oct. I have not been myself but you may want to check it out.
Best of luck!

Youre so awesome!!:)

az_azeel
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
and you can post a thread in the meeting place... (you need to get passed 10 posts )