PDA

View Full Version : natural big arms.... What should I do?

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Ok ladies I have natural big arms and an bless with thick thighs and a nice butt that some women say belongs in a woman...... Lucky me hehe, but what should I do about my arms??

Princess_Andria
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Aparently there's is this yoga thing i think, i've read it up before but what you basically do is get into a comfortable sitting position, usualy crossed legs and the nyou hold your arms out either side for so long. I'm not sure how much effect this has and i just realised this donst sound like much help lol But try and look it up maybe through yoga forums or on google. Aparently it tones down the arms or something liek that? :S

Amy Fakley
08-15-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm a fashion idiot, so I don't know the proper term ... cute little sweaters ... the kind with 3/4 or less sleeve lengths.
Look feminine and cover up "guns" (if you have them ... I don't, but if I did have that sort of a quality problem ... LOL).

Ayame
08-15-2012, 12:06 PM
I like you have fell victim to what you are talking about. You see we are our own worst enemies, just like many genetic girls are their own worst enemies. The problem is that you are looking at women in magazines and assuming they all look like that and we should all look like that. The reality is that there are lots of beautiful women with big arms. Being strong and beautiful is not a negative thing, be proud that you can be that awesome!

katie_barns
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I take it removal is out of the question ? :)

I sort of have the same problem. 3/4 sleeves work for me.

Stephenie S
08-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Lucky me hehe, but what should I do about my arms??

Nothing. Many, many, women have large arms. As a matter of fact, it's one of our most negative features. What to do about all that fat that flops around under our arms? A good question. Wear 3/4 sleeves? That's a common solution. Or just let 'em flop.

Never let the models in magazines influence your views of what women look like. They are all 17 years old and heavily photoshopped. It's just a fantasy.

Stephie

bridgetta
08-15-2012, 12:28 PM
dont lift anything heavy.ever

Tracii G
08-15-2012, 12:39 PM
I had "guns" at one time and just quit going to the gym and lost the manly arms over a few years.
I still do Tai Chi for lower body strength which helps the butt and legs.
Still very much into martial arts to keep fit.

Karren H
08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
an bless with thick thighs and a nice butt that some women say belongs in a woman...... Lucky me hehe, but what should I do about my arms??

Its obvious to me that if you wear mini skirts and show them thick thighs then no one will even notice your arms! dressing is all about creating illusions that distract and draw attention away from what every you don't want people to notice....

kimdl93
08-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Its obvious to me that if you wear mini skirts and show them thick thighs then no one will even notice your arms! dressing is all about creating illusions that distract and draw attention away from what every you don't want people to notice....

we all have things we'd like to minimize. Arms, hands, square jaw lines...thick waists. As Karren suggests, the trick is all in distracting attention from where you don't want it and towards your assets. For me, any 3/4 raglan or dohlman sleeve works well, and generally I go with v necklines to and a necklace to catch the observer's eye. You'd be amazed how easily some people are distracted by shiny objects!

Jocelyn Quivers
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Until arm transplants become the norm what's helped to slim mine has been the usual of dieting, exercising primarily doing cardio, I still lift weights but it's more for toning purposes, just enough weight to cause a slight resistance and done very sparingly.

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Aparently there's is this yoga thing i think, i've read it up before but what you basically do is get into a comfortable sitting position, usualy crossed legs and the nyou hold your arms out either side for so long. I'm not sure how much effect this has and i just realised this donst sound like much help lol But try and look it up maybe through yoga forums or on google. Aparently it tones down the arms or something liek that? :S

Thats so awesome thanks hun

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I like you have fell victim to what you are talking about. You see we are our own worst enemies, just like many genetic girls are their own worst enemies. The problem is that you are looking at women in magazines and assuming they all look like that and we should all look like that. The reality is that there are lots of beautiful women with big arms. Being strong and beautiful is not a negative thing, be proud that you can be that awesome!

You are so right girl thankyou so much.... Hugs

prasaghes
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
I had "guns" at one time and just quit going to the gym and lost the manly arms over a few years.
I still do Tai Chi for lower body strength which helps the butt and legs.
Still very much into martial arts to keep fit.

Very true thanks hun

Lynn Marie
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Hide 'em! That's exactly what everybody else does.

Trysha
08-15-2012, 09:15 PM
I can suggest a ketogenic diet where you eat very low carbs and a minimum of protein and fats. Combine that
with a lot of cardio, and you body will start to feed on the muscle of your body. Every 6th day eat a meal with some carbs
but not too much to keep your metabolism from slowing down and also to make you feel better. This diet will take
some getting used to because of the low carbohydrates. The benefit is you will also loose your unwanted fat.
Keeping your arms toned with light weights also helps. The cardio will also keep your legs looking good.

Jilmac
08-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Eat a lot of spinach, smoke a corncob pipe, and date a skinny woman, then fight over her with a bearded hulking brute.

Beverley Sims
08-15-2012, 10:29 PM
It's a repetitive reply from me.
Cover them up. Find something with short sleeves and cover the shoulders first.
If that does not work then try long sleeves.

Missy
08-15-2012, 11:08 PM
go as a body builder but very girly one at that
first time that came to my mind
L O L have fun

BLUE ORCHID
08-16-2012, 07:06 AM
It sounds like loose sleves are the only thing that's going to help.

prasaghes
08-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I can suggest a ketogenic diet where you eat very low carbs and a minimum of protein and fats. Combine that
with a lot of cardio, and you body will start to feed on the muscle of your body. Every 6th day eat a meal with some carbs
but not too much to keep your metabolism from slowing down and also to make you feel better. This diet will take
some getting used to because of the low carbohydrates. The benefit is you will also loose your unwanted fat.
Keeping your arms toned with light weights also helps. The cardio will also keep your legs looking good.

Thats awesome I will def try that hun

prasaghes
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Thankyou ladies..... All the suggestions were cert helpful and useful tips. I really appreciate the advice:)

cathie pantyhose
08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
for me I stopped lifting heavy weights and went to smaller (3-10 lbs only). More reps to just tone. Switched to road cycling too which focuses on the stomach and legs. Biceps are getting smaller but still toned.