PDA

View Full Version : Intersecting Circles

JamieG
08-15-2012, 12:02 PM
How much do your femme and drab lives overlap? In the past, I've kept my circle of CD friends apart from my circle of "straight" friends. However, for my birthday a few weeks ago, my wife threw a party and invited friends from both sets. I was a bit nervous, but everybody seemed to get along well. I should mention no one was en femme at the time, so this may seem like a small step, but to me it was the crossing of a major barrier. I think the only issue is when one of my co-workers asked a CD friend, "so how do you know J?" Apparently, the CD friend stalled for a bit and then said "We met at a local brew pub." I'm not the kind of person that goes around talking to strangers in bars, so I'm not sure the co-worked bought the story, but I haven't heard anything about it since.

Roberta Young
08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Jamie, wow glad to hear your friends got along as human beings. Drab and Femm can never mix in my circle, heck i have friends that are sooo negative that if they found out i would probably be hanging from a tree. It is the way it is and i dont try to change their thought patterns even if it were possible. Luv Roberta

Rachel Morley
08-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Luckily for me all my friends that I socialize on a regular basis are from the TG community! Yes, I'm saying I don't have any friends (outside of work) that are "straight". Sometimes my wife and I go out with another CDing couple and we go to bars where my wife and the CDing partner of the couple play together as a duo during open mic nights (they play ukelele and guitar). When this happens I dress in my (girly-ish) boy mode. The last time this happened we hooked up with some of their friends who don't know they are a CDing couple and guess what? They too asked "so how come you guys know (insert our friends names?) ... I got all shy and said nothing and my wife "ummed" and "ah-ed" and then said we met at a mutual friends BBQ ... I don't think they believed it for a minute!

BLUE ORCHID
08-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Hi Jamie, That could've goten interresting.

monalisa
08-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Would really have been interesting if 1/2 the people dressed and you jumped out of the cake dressed. Would have been a birthday to remember.

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I doubt your co-workers have a clue. Now, if any of them had been en femme, that could have started some interesting speculation!

sandra-leigh
08-16-2012, 11:07 AM
My friend groups are 1000 miles apart, so they aren't likely to meet :)

Karren H
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM
one of my few local cd friends and his wife always stop by our garage sale every year.... and I bump into him at the ice rink.... stores... yesterday he emailed me and saw I was having truck issues (from my facebook page) and offered to lend me his to take scaffolding back to home depot.... such a sweetheart..... small overlap but still they overlap...

katie_barns
08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
There are few people that know. Except for my wife I don't think that the ones that know and don't know have been in the same room together.
That means they are pretty separate.

linda allen
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
All my "CD friends" are "virtual" friends. Except for my wife of course. :heehee:

My "non CD friends" are a combination of virtual and touchable people.