PDA

View Full Version : I'm having trouble buying shoes!!!!???

bootsnleatherR4me
11-19-2005, 03:07 AM
I am having a hard timing getting up enuff nerve to go and buy some shoes!!! I found a pair of shoes at walmart that i want but i get very nervous when i grab the box and start walking near the check out I turn around and put them back.!!!!! I usually do this at about 1:00 in the A.M.!!! Should I do this later in the morning or what do I do about this????? They are a beautiful pair of pumps!!!!!!!!!!!!I need help:( :( :( :confused:

Kierci
11-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Well girl to be honest no one really cares what you buy or who you are buying them for, If nothing else hun its coming up on Christmas time "they are a gift" mix them in with some "boy" stuff or car stuff pickup yourself a nice sweater that matches the shoes hell make it an outfit then no one will be suspicious. If you lived in AZ i'd go get them for ya, I try them on in the store But thats just me, I have NEVER had a problem, Good Luck Hun

When you do get them you do know we want pictures.

DanaJ
11-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Buy online - better selection and sizes - problem solved.

Wendy me
11-19-2005, 08:58 AM
just grab them go to the check out pay for them and make some small talk like if "she" dosent like them can "she" bring them back??? in time you will find something you realy want to buy and nouthing will stop you from buying it.....

Fallen Angel
11-19-2005, 09:06 AM
You shouldnt worry about buying some thing for your self at any department store.No ones is going to really pay you that much attention.And if some one does it is usualy the cashies that always makes the kidding joke are these for you?? so dont worry have fun shopping xxx

TGMarla
11-19-2005, 09:18 AM
I've bought shoes for myself quite a bit. I just ask for a gift receipt at the checkout counter. It takes away the perception that they are for me. At least it does in my head, anyway. The truth is, I'm getting to the point where I really don't care what people I don't even know think about when they see a total stranger (me) buying items of women's clothing, especially shoes. They most likely really don't care, either. They don't care, I don't care, nobody cares. Problem solved.

Jamie001
11-19-2005, 11:22 AM
I wear femme sandals everywhere and my toenails are painted bright red and therfore everyone notices my feet. The best thing to do is to try them on in the store. At Payless, I take the shoes to the checkout counter, pay for them, take off the shoes that I am wearing and put them in the box and put on the new shoes and wear them out of the store. Everyone standing in the checkout line can see what I am doing. There is nothing wrong with wearing femme shoes. I have seen GG trying on shoes in the men's shoe department many times. It is no big deal. Most of the time we create our own demons in our minds.

I've bought shoes for myself quite a bit. I just ask for a gift receipt at the checkout counter. It takes away the perception that they are for me. At least it does in my head, anyway. The truth is, I'm getting to the point where I really don't care what people I don't even know think about when they see a total stranger (me) buying items of women's clothing, especially shoes. They most likely really don't care, either. They don't care, I don't care, nobody cares. Problem solved.

Katrina
11-19-2005, 11:51 AM
I'd just try them on in the store but thats me. I don't care what people think (most of the time) anymore. The last pair of boots I bought in a local shoes store, one of the girls that works there saw me grab a pair of boots and sit down on the bench. She then went into the back room and came out a few minutes later to see me putting them back into the box. The young guy at the cash register was a bit taken aback, but he didn't say anything but have a nice day. Nobody really cares what you buy.

Sharon
11-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I have found that, if you don't want to be noticed, the best time to shop and purchase things is in the middle of the day when the stores are most crowded. The employees just want to shuffle you along and get to the next person, and if there are other customers who take notice of you -- well who cares? -- you'll never see them again anyway.

The first purchase is the hardest. After that you'll realize that it's not really that big a turmoil.

Good luck!:)

Jamie001
11-20-2005, 11:35 AM
You will always see women trying on men's shoes in the men's shoe department. I have seen this many times at payless and have even talked to some of the women while I am trying on women's shoes. It is not a big deal. The demon is in your own mind. :)

I'd just try them on in the store but thats me. I don't care what people think (most of the time) anymore. The last pair of boots I bought in a local shoes store, one of the girls that works there saw me grab a pair of boots and sit down on the bench. She then went into the back room and came out a few minutes later to see me putting them back into the box. The young guy at the cash register was a bit taken aback, but he didn't say anything but have a nice day. Nobody really cares what you buy.

christine55
11-20-2005, 11:48 AM
Whats the worst that can happen? Will the cashier look at you funny, maybe.
Will she think you're weird, maybe. Swallow your pride, get the shoes, be embarassed for a few seconds then take em home and enjoy wearing em.
Hugs, Christine

Sara Kat
11-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Swallow your pride, get the shoes, be embarassed for a few seconds then take em home and enjoy wearing em.
Hugs, Christine
Why even be embarrassed? If they're sexy boots then buy 'em dammit! You gotta look good don't ya!?:D

tamaratv
11-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Try Pierre Silber or www.suddenlyfem.com

Once you know what size you hav they have nice selections - that is where i go

lydia7
11-23-2005, 10:44 AM
I have to say...I love they quick notes from Sara Kat...:p It seems that payless really is a shoe source. I recommend to my friends that they shop at places that carry the styles and sizes they like--take a friend if that helps. I would never sacrifice getting the styles I like because of some looks or comments. Have you seen the Victoria's Secret stores lately?! Even for GG that is a bit risque and "should I shop there?" But after wearing one of those angel softcup bras...I'd deal with whatever looks people want to give me!

Let me share my shoe addiction fix with you...For shoes, If you don't like the in-person shopping, go to Leslie Shoes online . They are at www.sexyshoes.com . They ship incredibly fast in about 5 days, have lots of 10-14 sizes (even in wide for 3, 4 and 5in heels and boots) and the ladies are so sweet!!! On my first call several years ago, I asked "do you service the TG community?" and her reply was, "We sell shoes to anyone and everyone who can pay for them..." I have been hooked ever since and you can buy online now as well. Can we say "Gift wrap?" The prices are comparitively low as well.

CDtv
11-23-2005, 10:50 AM
How could anyone have trouble buying shoes??? Just charge it!!
Buy in bulk
Buy white after Labor Day
Buy a dress to go with them
Shoes are a wonder drug and i am addicted
More pairs than i can wear and Santa is on the way HOHOHOHOHO

reginaNJ1
11-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Try www.zappos.com, great selection , good prices and they have all sizes. What Ive bought so far fit great. Everyonce in awile aselection is out of stock in a certain size but the do get them in quickly

Francine
11-25-2005, 12:16 AM
I've had never had a problem, at checking out when buying a pair of shoes at Walmart or Payless Shoes, which is where I get most of women's shoes, because they do carry size 12 women's. And on occasion, which is getting easier each time, trying them on.
And at Walmart, I haven't had more than a quizzical look when buying makeup, jewelry, or clothing.
I have found, if I'm not "nervous" they probably just suspect I am buying things as a gift.
Good luck.

Lissa Stevens
12-01-2005, 07:54 PM
First it is not uncommon anymore for a woman to wear the larger sizes, so they could be a gift. I did the Al Bundy thing before Al was around so I learned a few things. Second I used to be like you and nervous but anymore who give a rat's a**! It's my money and if they want it they will sell me what I want. These days I wear some fairly femme shoes in public, while otherwise looking fairly male. This summer I had some sandals on that were pretty onviously women's. A 20 something girl was behind me in line and I heard her point out to her boyfriend that I had on women's sandals. I turned around and told her no I didn't. They were men's. They were too, they were mine and yes I am a man at least genetically.
So I guess my point is, is to heck with them. They would rather have your money that tell you that you are a freak.

AlisonNC
12-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Dont let it bother you....I bought a pair of black boots today and and didnt even bother to look at men's shoes. I wanted so I bought them(I know they will look sexy with some fishnet tights)

:D :D