PDA

View Full Version : A good day

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Today has been a good day for me. Nothing incredibly spectacular, but a good day nonetheless. Around 6:30 I took a walk through the neighborhood with my dogs, en femme. For the record, I was wearing a bra, forms, short blonde wig, just a touch of makeup, a tshirt and shorts. I met a few other folks along the way, exchanged pleasantries. No one reacted with anything but friendliness.

Later I made a trip to the PO and stopped at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. I was wearing a runched, finely striped t-shirt with 1/2 sleeves and a v-neckline, white linen shorts, matching silver earrings and necklace. The waitstaff and cashiers were very friendly. The restaraunt was crowded and I ended up sitting directly behind two women in an adjoing booth and accross from a table with a half dozen women out for lunch. I was altert for any signs of being read or curiosity...other than a couple of smiles, no one seemed to find me at all of the ordinary.

I don't have eyes in the back of my head and can't read people's minds. So, its very possible that I was read more times than I can count. But, I didn't cause a scene and was able to enjoy lunch just like any other woman. What more can I ask for?

Ally 2112
08-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Good for you kim it is great to see you had a good day and that your not afraid to get out there and be yourself !!:)

Beverley Sims
08-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Kindl, do I have to try my homespun philosophy on you now?Now if you had carried one of those little flags on a stick that the Japanese tourists carry to identify yourself to the guide who knows where you would have ended up.
It seems to me that you are in your comfort zone and enjoying life to the fullest.
Likewise I do this usually without flurry and self conciousness.
Makes for a nice day doesn't it?:)

LeaP
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Great story, Kim. It puts me right there.

suzy1
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Most of us have those special days but it’s all the days in-between that makes up our lives.
Kim, I hope this is just one of those days and you have many more of them.

Hugs, SUZY

May(be)
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Amazing to hear that it went well in Texas of all places. This board is smashing all of my prejudice.

Cynthia Anne
08-16-2012, 03:46 PM
That is great Kim! That's the way it should be everyday! Enjoyed reading your post! Hugs!

katie_barns
08-16-2012, 04:38 PM
It's always nice to have a good day. Shame on those women not to see that you are, out of the ordinary.

YOU ARE SPECTACTULAR !!!

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 04:52 PM
OK, I had another experience today that I just have to share. I normally go to the neighborhood Life Time Fitness for a late afternoon workout. Been doing so for the past 4 years.

Today, I just couldn't bear the thought of getting back into drabs for a workout. So I didn't I switched to a jog bra and women's exercize shorts, pulled a loose tank top over the top and went to the gym.

The clerk didn't bat an eye, nor did any of the dozens of male and female patrons working out on the ellipticals, steppers and treadmills. I made eye contact a few times, but it was clear that most people just took me at face value....a rather tall, maybe a tad muscular middle aged woman there for a workout.

Its a first, but I think from this point on, I'll be working out en femme. I live just a short distance from the gym, so I always shower at home, eliminating one possible problem ;)

Had to share this

May(be)
08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm proud of your courage, and happy for you. I am wearing a pair of women's athletic shorts right now as well! My question is a practical one- Doesn't wearing a wig make exercise much more difficult?

Bree Wagner
08-16-2012, 05:17 PM
What more can I ask for?

Well, I'm sure you could think of something! People could have been throwing money at you, you could have won the nobel prize, or discovered that eating ice cream is a fantastic way to lose weight. :heehee:

On the other hand, I understand completely what you mean. It's a great feeling to go out, blend in, and just have a nice day. I hope there are more in your future.

-Bree

BLUE ORCHID
08-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi Kim, It sure sounds like your good was a great day.

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 05:35 PM
I'm proud of your courage, and happy for you. I am wearing a pair of women's athletic shorts right now as well! My question is a practical one- Doesn't wearing a wig make exercise much more difficult?

I didn't notice the wig,but I wore a waist clincher....too hot. I won't make that mistake again!

Marleena
08-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Way to go Kim! You make it look easy.:)

STACY B
08-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Woo,,,Hoo, Look who's knocking um out the park today ?? Dammit Lady,,,What next ?? Chock one up for the Big Girlz !!

IngeInCO
08-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Today has been a good day for me. Nothing incredibly spectacular, but a good day nonetheless. Around 6:30 I took a walk through the neighborhood with my dogs, en femme. For the record, I was wearing a bra, forms, short blonde wig, just a touch of makeup, a tshirt and shorts. I met a few other folks along the way, exchanged pleasantries. No one reacted with anything but friendliness.

Later I made a trip to the PO and stopped at Sweet Tomatoes for lunch. I was wearing a runched, finely striped t-shirt with 1/2 sleeves and a v-neckline, white linen shorts, matching silver earrings and necklace. The waitstaff and cashiers were very friendly. The restaraunt was crowded and I ended up sitting directly behind two women in an adjoing booth and accross from a table with a half dozen women out for lunch. I was altert for any signs of being read or curiosity...other than a couple of smiles, no one seemed to find me at all of the ordinary.

I don't have eyes in the back of my head and can't read people's minds. So, its very possible that I was read more times than I can count. But, I didn't cause a scene and was able to enjoy lunch just like any other woman. What more can I ask for?

Who cares if you were read. I was sitting in my office all day! You win!

Allisa
08-16-2012, 07:22 PM
The good days really do outweight the bad.Oh yeah ,what was for lunch.

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 07:39 PM
The good days really do outweight the bad.Oh yeah ,what was for lunch.

Just a nice salad nd a vegetable soup. A girl has to watch her figure!