PDA

View Full Version : Any outside events affect your crossdressing habits?

Lacy PJs
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
While it seems like I've always been interested in crossdressing, I kind of look back now and wonder if there were a few events in my life (not at all dressing related) that have affected my interest in crossdressing. I'm talking about things like loss of a loved one, loss of a job, serious illness or even something similar that has happened to a person very close to you... you know, something that was a very significant event in your life.

I don't know and this is not any kind of "scientific" revelation but in my case, "all of the above" have happened to me at one point in time or another and it seems like each time, my interest in dressing has become more and more pronounced.

Anyone else have similar thoughts/experiences?

Lacy PJs

Laura912
08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
There are no singular incidences that have pushed for dressing, but when the stress had risen to overflowing the dams, dressing made things easier for a while.

RADER
08-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Yes; when it is warm outside, this curtails me wearing a bra under dressing with a drab shirt on.
I like when you can wear a windbreaker or similar to hide the bra.
Rader

May(be)
08-16-2012, 03:58 PM
I don't know much about the phenomena of crossdressing yet, but I understand that some people dress to escape stress. Not that the condition of being a woman is any less stressful than the condition of being a man, but I understand that some people dress to escape the pressures of their own lives. These people do so as a way to engage in fantasy and forget the problems of their reality.

Hope that helps.

kimdl93
08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I took a multi year hiatus from dressing after my divorce...too much going on at the time.

Allisa
08-16-2012, 07:13 PM
My first apartment;a secure place to dress;my first well paying job;a source of funds for my dressing;my house;a place to grow with my dressing.
Lisa

IngeInCO
08-16-2012, 07:14 PM
All of them inhibit my dressing

KellyJameson
08-16-2012, 08:16 PM
I do not think "just anyone" can crossdress even though I think all men should if for no other reason than working through the learned shame of not being "manly" which leads to all types of insane behavior, but it is paradoxical in that the shame keeps them from the experience so the ones who should crossdress for the sake of reducing violence do not.

Unfortunately I think you must be predisposed to it so it is innate and you are born with the disposition toward it even if you never learn to express and experience
that which is inside you waiting to be discovered.

I say unfortunately in that I believe the sensitivity that is innate that creates the foundation crossdressing rests on also is the expression of many other positive gifts
if you are not destroyed by this sensitivity which is the difference between genius and madness.

This state of being can free you or enslave you because it is ultimately about the relationship you have with yourself and sensitivity is bound up with the imagination so makes someone vulnerable to being immobilzed by their fears which the powers of their imagination make very real and the pain of their sensitivity (openness) has taught them are very possible.

Sensitivity means more pain as well as pleasure so the relationship you have with pain and the learned fear it causes is crucial to whether you survive the experience

Some people do not experience the loss of a loved one because they do not love.

This sensitivity keeps you open to being wounded by love but also to being open to love. Our humanity is born from this and without it you are nothing but a machine
made of flesh who can destroy without conscious because there is no mind left to have a conscious.

Crossdressers are made in the womb regardless of whether you crossdress or not.

A person is a crossdresser in that what they "are" creates the potential for what they will do (crossdress)

Your sensitivity which is innate decides how you respond to stress and crossdressing is one response but you can also use it to deepen your sensitivity which is "you" so
you go deeper into you as you go deeper into the crossdressing much like a musician goes into his music or an artist goes into his art.

docrobbysherry
08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
I've read this theory, or similar ones, a number of times here!
"Something BAD or STRESSFUL happens to u. Maybe even something tragic and suddenly a guy puts on a skirt and feels better?"
I don't buy it! Isn't that a bit like blaming the weather man when it rains?

I'd say it's more like: An alcoholic gets s--faced! A druggy drops or shoots something. A bully takes it out on his wife and kids. A serial CD dresses!

sissystephanie
08-16-2012, 09:36 PM
When my dear wife died 7 years ago, I started dressing enfemme a lot more. She knew that I was a CD when we married and did my makeup and fixed my wig when I went out in public. Since she is no longer available to do those things, I go out dressed enfemme but looking like the male that I am. so far have never had a problem! Dressing enfemme make me feel better!!

BLUE ORCHID
08-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Lacy, The only thing I can think about is being retired and having more time to dress now.