PDA

View Full Version : OMG !!! Another that bite the dust ... I busted myself

RachelF
08-17-2012, 02:05 PM
OMG, Last weekend I dressed with make up and wig. I wanted to take some pictures to share. It would be my second set. But I took just the first picture and the battery went off. So I put aside my camera, and forgot about that single picture. Yesterday I charged the battery and this morning I took several family pictures. I wanted to show the pictures to my sister in law and I did it ... browsing thru the pictures until the single picture of me with make up and wig appears ... NOOOOOOO !!!! :sad::sad::sad: What a fail !!!!! ... I passed it as soon as I can, I do not know if she recognized me. I guess she did. She did not commented nothing yet. I always pass my pictures inmediately to the PC, under a password protected directory, but this tiem I forgot to do it cause the camera was without battery.

What a fail !!!! Why I was so careless ????

May(be)
08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
"Whoops! Well, how did that get in there? Heh-heh... Yeesh."

Almost happened to me. Lucky my wife is a second set of eyes; eyes much sharper than mine.

Barbara Ella
08-17-2012, 02:12 PM
OUCH!!! I take pictures of the grandson on the same camera as I take my pictures, and always try to download, but sometimes forget. Daughters like to browse to see what pictures I have taken, and there have been some close calls when i forgot. I have had to hide the camera once or twice when they came over. Guess I really need to spend money on a new camera. Wonder which would hurt more, daughters knowing, or spending on the camera? Given the wife's reaction, better to get a second camera.

Hope everything ends up all right for you RachelF.

Barbara

Roberta Young
08-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Rach, if she asks say its halloween practice? Luv Roberta

Beverley Sims
08-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Ahh! we all make little slip ups but I have not made a slip up like that yet!:)

~Joanne~
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I have never left any pictures on the camera, I am VERY careful about that, but then again, we all try to be don't we? I am interested though on how you pass word a folder. I have never been able to figure that out....mind sharing?

Sara Jessica
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Such an easy fix, get a chip for your camera that is used ONLY for your feminine pics.

Amy Fakley
08-17-2012, 04:32 PM
something like that almost happened to me.
my camera takes an SD card, and a long time ago I got a separate SD card to use just for Fakely-related activities. It seemed like the safest possible way to handle it. Well ... I didn't realize SD cards have a little plastic switch you can flip, like those old things that used to be on floppy disks and cassette tapes ... the switch puts it in write protect mode.

When the SD card is in write protect mode, it writes pictures to the camera's internal memory.
So I took some pics ... and it wrote 'em to the internal memory and I didn't realize this. As long as there's an SD card in the slot it won't show the camera's internal pics.

So a week later I go looking for the camera and by chance I turned the thing on, between swapping out the family card and the "special" card, and there's all my pics. I nearly poo'd bricks right there in my pants, LOL.

I'd left my pics out in the open on the family camera for a week ... but nobody ever saw them because they were on the internal memory (and I think nobody had used the camera too). But still it was one of those "holy crap was I really that careless?" moments.

Damn ... outed by accident to your sister-in-law?
I hope everything's ok. That doesn't sound like a good time. Hang in there.

kimdl93
08-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Let's hope she noticed and is waiting for a chance to ask you about it;)

cindy777
08-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I had something similar happen to me in Feb this year but it was on the computer, ended up deleting all the photos, I felt very dumb and really up set up my wife, to put it mildly.

Sarah27
08-17-2012, 06:30 PM
The best way i've found to hide things on your computer would be Truecrypt, it's a free program that hides part of your hard drive in a separate partition and has military grade encryption that's unbreakable. And noone can see even that it exists unless you mount the partition.

BLUE ORCHID
08-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Hi Rachel , That's a sure waw to get BUSTED.

Cynthia Anne
08-17-2012, 07:32 PM
$hit happens! I imagine soon you will find out if she noticed!

DonnaT
08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
That's how I came out to my Mother, forgetting about pictures already on the camera. But, she didn't recognize me, and it took a while for me to convince her.

RachelF
08-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh May, I do not know how I was so fool ...

Barbara, Fakely thanks for your wishes.

Roberta, thanks for the idea Halloween would be the only explanation that could make sense. That gives me also an idea, if and only if my wife accepts I could dress for Halloween, even if my sister in law does not say anything to me. That way if she recognized me or has a any doubt she would eventually think: "Oh, that was the reason ...". I have never gone outside dressed like Rachel, I do not know if my wife would accept.

Beverly, the possibility is always there. Be very careful ...

Joanne, I really have not taken too much pictures of my fem side. Is something I did without thinking too much about, I did not planned. All of us who are still closeted need to really plan all our xdressing experiences. The devil is in the details. Oh!, what I really means is that my account is the only one with Administrator role, and the only one with a password, so other user can "see" my folders.

Sara, good idea. I will buy one. I am pretty sure that was suggested before. I did not planned the picture taking. I read here about everything: how to guess your size, how to make up, how to shave your legs, how to buy a wig, how to tell the wife but I NEVER read about picture taking, I just went and did it. Lesson learn: always read the good advice in the forum, for EVERYTHING.

No way Kim, I really prefer she never talk about this. With all what I enjoy dressing, it is not something I wanted to do 24/7. I really like my drab side as my pink fog moments.

Cindy, same feeling here. I am a dumb.I pretty dumb, but a dumb ;)

Sarah,thanks for the tip. I will check on that.

Blue, I though I was melting. I think it was not more than a second, but what a horrible second it was.

Cynthia, honestly I prefer never know if she ever noticed.

Donna, you have a lot of courage. If my sister in law did not recognized me I would never move her from that position.

Tracii G
08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I had my phone out showing some nature related pics to a friend and had one of Tracii's pics on there he said "who is this she is cute you go out with her"?
I said yeah and he moved on to the next pic.