PDA

View Full Version : Crazy news! some good some could be bad

daphne_pynk
08-17-2012, 11:00 PM
With My SO's support we took the kids and walked in the pride parade in my area (i was on TV!)

as i was mingling with people after the parade i happen to see my landlord with a CD and they seemed to know each other quite well. So with My SO's blessing i told my landlord about my dressing up and how i would like to meet his friend. He and his partner asked a bunch of questions and were more then happy to help in any way they could while promising to keep my secret.

It turns out the CD i saw is in fact a well known Drag Queen and lives in a building just across from mine!

So again with blessings from my SO i ventured across and met the DQ in person and we talked a talked for hours about every subject. He/she seems great and easy going and offered her home to me when ever i need some girl time AND promised a makeover!

now all that is fantastic already... (infomercial voice!) but wait there's more!

DQ has offered to take me to one of her drag shows and has even devised an elaborate plan to sneak me out with the help of my landlord fully femmed!!

my wife is a bit worried that she and I will be seen by one of her friends from work while at the show and will have to explain an elaborate lie. but she says she wants me to go and and i said i wouldn't go with out her. I still feel like there is something she is worrying about that she's not telling me. maybe its my own worry i don't know.

any thoughts?

jessicapaige
08-17-2012, 11:22 PM
I of course don't know the odds of you getting caught, but it sure sounds like you'd have a rockin time!

Miranda09
08-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Daphne, I'd say just go and have a great time. I'm sure neither of you will regret it!

Cynthia Anne
08-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I think it's a good idea for your wife to go with you IF she wants to! Just have fun!

sterling12
08-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Is she a DQ, or a Female Impersonator? There does seem to be a difference. Anyway, if she does your makeup, I doubt anyone will be able to recognize you, maybe not even your wife!

By all means take your wife along, but if she's a bit naive, get her prepared for some of the sites and sounds at A Gay Club. But, she probably will just have FUN! Compared to a Night down at The Legion Hall, multiply The Fun Factor x 1000.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Marissa
08-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Uhhh..ur pursueing an Acting Career :) how is that for an answer..stage first, film later.. or better yet..a stunt woman..??? like others say, it would be fun and chances are slim, but of course include your very supportive wife.. have fun with it if you can.

Beverley Sims
08-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Getting caught going out the door is the least of concerns.
It sounds like a great adventure.
Getting made up and doing a drag show is one of the biggest buzzes iever had in my life.
You are totaly anonymous and no one cares who the man in the dress is as long as you present well.
Just smile a lot.

BLUE ORCHID
08-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Hi Daphne, It sounds as though you may have hit the jackpot this time.

kimdl93
08-18-2012, 07:01 AM
I think your wife said what her concerns are. But I fail to see how a drag show would be riskier than a parade down main street.

linda allen
08-18-2012, 08:33 AM
DQ has offered to take me to one of her drag shows and has even devised an elaborate plan to sneak me out with the help of my landlord fully femmed!!

my wife is a bit worried that she and I will be seen by one of her friends from work while at the show and will have to explain an elaborate lie. but she says she wants me to go and and i said i wouldn't go with out her. I still feel like there is something she is worrying about that she's not telling me. maybe its my own worry i don't know.

any thoughts?

Your wife may be comfortable with you dressing but not comfortable with her friends thinking she is married to a crossdresser, "drag queen", etc. I think those are the feelings my wife has although she is pretty new to all this.

You can probably go out dressed, do the show, whatever by yourself and if you're good at it, nobody will recognize you.

But, if your wife is with you and someone recognizes her, you may be recognized by association. And she will b left with trying to explain the situation.

That said, it's you and your wife who have to make the decision. Nobody should try to tell you what to do, just share their thoughts.

RADER
08-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I think it is the opportunity of a lifetime. Go for it, and maybe your wife could sit in the audience.
Rader

5150 Girl
08-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Getting caught is NOT the end of the world. Most people are to caught up in their own buisness to notice or care what the next person is doing. Ill bet the next time you're out and about, you'll see that people wouldn't notice the building was on fire if it wasn't happening on their I-phone!
Also... "Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind don't matter" (a quote I often see here)

Taliya
08-18-2012, 09:45 PM
I think your wife said what her concerns are. But I fail to see how a drag show would be riskier than a parade down main street.

Definitely more risky parading down main street! - Go for it!

daphne_pynk
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
thanks for all the encouraging words!!

Yes i think my wife is worried about the "guilty by association" and how she would explain why she's married to such a beautiful man

I will be in the audience during the show with my wife, i don't think i'm stage worthy just yet. not that good at lips syncing lol

It is in a gay bar yes...never been in one so...its just like a regular bar right?

personally i'm a little worried about makeup, i don't want the drag queen stage makeup..so i'm going to do trial run makeover this friday.

btw i walked the parade in man mode so we didn't think there would be any questions about us.

Chickhe
08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
no need to worry... you have the perfect excuse! You said it, your good friend a neighbor is a DQ performer...she insisted that you try it! Dared you to! Any guy would jump at the chance to show he is man enough.... you are just being a good sport... if you need a cover story. Life is about living.

Tracii G
08-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Go have fun who cares what others think.If she is worried going to a drag show and someone seeing her there thats not a person you would have to worry about anyway.

Amy Fakley
08-20-2012, 12:45 PM
It is in a gay bar yes...never been in one so...its just like a regular bar right?

in my experience, surprisingly yes.
but the music is typically better (if you like House music -- I do), and also ... depending ... there tend to be dudes kissing each other.

'course last time I was in a gay bar was like almost 20 years ago when my wife and I were dating (we had a lot of gay friends in our circle so we tended to go out with them a lot). The first time I was in one, I remember getting about half drunk and being like "this place is awesome", then I went to the restroom and saw two dudes makin' out like ... seriously ... like it was their last night on earth. Sorta shocking the first time, but then I was like "'eh ... I gotta pee, good for them" and got on with it, LOL

But hey, your mileage may vary.

I say go for it :-)

Kaz
08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
No brainer I suspect! :daydreaming::hugs:

daphne_pynk
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
oh i'm going for it, i need to prove something on the dance floor! i'm just totally in awe at the sequence of events. i'm still feel in the closet about everything, so this is like 0 to 100 in seconds. i'll post pics if i get any.

ColleenCD
08-20-2012, 11:38 PM
Daphne,

I.M.H.O. the risk has already been taken with the parade, the landlord, and DQ. I don't see much downside now. Just keep your wife in the loop.

Have fun and best wishes,

Colleen