PDA

View Full Version : When Worlds Collide Someone Usually Gets Outed

Persephone
08-18-2012, 03:48 AM
When worlds collide someone gets outed!

As many already know, I live in two worlds, about 70-80% en femme and the remaining bit en drab. I try to keep the two apart.

For example, I am associated with two religious congregations. "He" goes to one and I go to the other.

But there was a major collision tonight. "He" was planning to attend services en drab at "his" congregation, accompanied by our spouse.

But I had something to bring to the Chairlady of my women's group. She knows both of me and I knew she might be planning to be there. So I called her to ask her plans and she said, "I'm going to services tonight at A ("his" congregation) and so-and-so and so-and-so (a couple of women friends from my social group) are joining me.

I went over to my spouse and said, "We're going to have to figure out what to do, a number of the women from our group are going to A tonight."

We concluded that it might be best if I went instead of "him."

So I quickly found a dress in my closet, did my hair and makeup, and we were out the door!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/DressedforFridayNight.jpg

When I came into the sanctuary there was an entire row towards the back filled with GG's from our group! We all greeted with air kisses and smiles and chatter. The Chairlady came over to me and said, "We're in the third row, come into the row from the far side."

I followed her instructions and found that we had yet another row, a total of about 16-18 women from our group! Wow, was I glad I was en femme!

As I came into the row as she had directed I had to pass right in front of a couple who are "his" long-time friends. they had already spotted me, and she had smiled and turned to say something to her husband. Busted!

Oh well, I thought to myself, life happens.

The services were beautiful and filled with spirituality. During the service they had a recognition for couples who were celebrating their anniversary and that couple was one of them.

As services ended our group did hugs and cheek kisses, like women often after services in congregations like ours. Men usually shake hands with each other and sometimes cheek kiss their female friends.

As we headed up the aisles, there was the couple, coming up to the intersection just as I was!

Just go with the flow, so I greeted them and she and I did our cheek kisses. Then he leaned over and gave me a man-to-woman-friend kiss on the cheek!

I congratulated them on their anniversary and we made other small talk as we walked.

We caught up with another group, one which included my spouse, and they repeated their traditional greetings with her.

We went our different ways as we headed for the social hall.

Our women's group was so large that we pulled two tables together, something I've never seen anyone do before. There was coffee and refreshment and our group sat down and chatted for quite a while.

I spotted the couple off across the social hall and figured I'd better go say something. So I went over to them, looked towards him, and said, "Well, now you know why (my boy name) has never joined the men's club!"

He laughed and said, "No problem" and we talked for a while. I explained that I'd been transgendered since birth and they were perfectly cool with it! So I once again wished them a happy anniversary and headed back to join the ladies.

We stayed in the social hall and chatted with each other for about an hour and a half, one of the last groups to leave.

I love my life! And I certainly thank God for my blessings!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jolene Robertson
08-18-2012, 04:20 AM
Hi Persephone. Wow that had to be a bit nerve wracking for a couple of minutes. Glad it went so well. God does work in mysterious ways.

Hugs & God Bless
Jolene

sara_also
08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
It's great that you were able to keep your head about you in such a time of stress. You are an inspiration to all of us. Looking for ward to your move to Utah.

Beverley Sims
08-18-2012, 05:32 AM
It is nice when all the cards turn up the right way.
Lovely story.

BLUE ORCHID
08-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Hi Persephone, It seams that all your stars were in perfect alignment .
that was a wonderful story.

Cynthia Anne
08-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Great story! I'm glad to hear everything went so well for you!

kimdl93
08-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Remarkable, Barb. It seems people can be full of surprises!

May(be)
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
So will she be going to his church from now on?

PretzelGirl
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Don't you think that the minute you decided to go to his church dressed that you knew what would happen?

That is a good result and it is no surprise. I think you should just dump the two world concept for the most part. It never sounds like you really have that much separation.

bridget thronton
08-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Very wonderful outcome to a potentially stressful situation

NathalieX66
08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Persephone, That's a great story...and definitely one for the books. I'm glad a stressful situation turned into a happy ending.

For those girls who do have a public face, sometimes balancing our en femme selves and our guy selves is a bit of a challenge.