PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a Purse at Walmart

linda allen
08-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Not on purpose.

My wife and I went to Walmart to get her some shoe inserts. I'm in male mode of course. She has to get on the Dr. Scholl's machine so she hands me her purse. Naturally, I just put the straps over my left shoulder like any self respecting woman would while she does the thing on the machine and then picks out her inserts.

We start towards the other side of the store to get a couple other items (we have no cart or basket). After 30 feet or so, I realize I'm still carrying her purse. I stopped her and pointed to the purse. She laughed and I handed it to her.

"Pink Fog" ?

If I had thought before stopping her I would have just kept on carrying it until she missed it. That would have been fun. :heehee:

JenniferR771
08-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Its one of the fun things a cd can do while shopping with a woman. Sometimes my daughter has to go into the fitting room to try something on. "Hold my purse, OK?"

Stephenie S
08-18-2012, 09:46 AM
OK. What am I missing here? Is there a rule about holding your wife's purse?

S

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I think you should buy a purse the next time you're there.
Seriously, they're awesome and having everything you need on hand is a godsend.

Not a single soul has said one word to me about mine and it's always over my shoulder.
:)

bridget thronton
08-18-2012, 10:09 AM
I agree. Once I started carrying a purse all the time I could imagine how I got by without one to carry all my stuff.

Cynthia Anne
08-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Cute story! My purse stays on my shoulder where ever I go shopping at and no matter how I'm dressed!

Sandra1746
08-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I carry mine everywhere whether I am dressed "in drab" or my more typical andro-mode (aka plain fem). Mine are plain shoulder bags and very practical. Nobody has made any comments, even at the dump when I have to dig for my wallet.

We worry way too much,
Sandra1746

RADER
08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Ever since my wife's disability to keep her balance, She uses a walker. So when we goes into
a store, I Cary the purse. I some times joke to the SA that I know that it does not match anything
I am wearing, but like to Cary it anyway. Most just Laugh until they notice my wife, then I get a lot
of "You are a great Husband" If they only knew. LOL
Rader

Elle1946
08-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I carry my wife's purse a lot when we shop, standing outside the woman's dressing room. I get both positive and negative comments, only if they knew!!

Eryn
08-18-2012, 03:27 PM
When my wife and I (male mode) are shopping and she wants to try something on I hold her purse (shoulder bag for UK folk). When I want to try something on she holds my purse.

Today I tried on a pair of shorts. As we walked up to the registers I realized that she was carrying both our purses on opposite shoulders. This is kind of the reverse of the OP's situation! :)

In my consideration, any man, CD or mundane, who will hold his wife's purse qualifies as a Confident Male, definitely a higher plane of existence. In fact, I've seen GGs write about this as a test of compatibility for new boyfriends. If he'll hold her purse without embarrassment, he's worth pursuing! :)

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 03:40 PM
If he'll hold her purse without embarrassment, he's worth pursuing! :)

I see what you did there...

Eryn
08-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Dang. I'm a poet and don't know it! :D

JohnH
08-18-2012, 05:20 PM
I carry a black nylon crossbody bag whenever I go out in my everyday (mostly male) attire. I got sick and tired of having to shift items from one bottom (pants or denim skirt) to another one. I also hated how when I picked up a bottom, coins would fall out. The piece de resistance was when I ruined a cell phone when I left it in a pocket when I washed a garment.

John

linda allen
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm no stranger to holding my wife's purse and she often makes jokes about it, but this is the first time I've carried it in public and I didn't even think about it.

Men carrying purses or bags hasn't hit my part of the country yet.

roy m
08-18-2012, 06:43 PM
You don't have to wear a dress to be "femme" I often wear female jeans +tops. The down side is the ridiculously small pockets! Nothing short of 2kleenex fits! so a purse or handbag is a neccesity. I stopped worrying some long time ago.

whowhatwhen
08-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Men carrying purses or bags hasn't hit my part of the country yet.

I see a trendsetter...
:)

5150 Girl
08-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Pretty, or ugly, I always have a purse when I go to the store. Even into AutoZone!

Cheryl T
08-19-2012, 06:41 AM
I do this all the time when shopping with my wife. She'll go try something on and I take her purse...put it over my shoulder and I just keep shopping till she comes out. Don't care if someone gawks and no one ever says anything, besides it's a nice purse.

linda allen
08-19-2012, 07:52 AM
I do this all the time when shopping with my wife. She'll go try something on and I take her purse...put it over my shoulder and I just keep shopping till she comes out. Don't care if someone gawks and no one ever says anything, besides it's a nice purse.
Thar's a good way to ease into it. Next time I won't give it back until she asks for it. :heehee:

BLUE ORCHID
08-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Hi Linda, Been there and done that, one of these times I'm going to end
up in one of those ((The People Of WALMART*)) E-mails.

daarleane
08-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Why in heaven's name would you not carry a purse? You don' want to look weird - carry a briefcase, laptop, net book, plastic or reusable shopping bag. Personally, I just prefer a functional over the shoulder purse all of the time. It holds my phone, wallet and medical supplies and besides I just don't care what other people think about it. Although here in TX those that are concerned about such things think I must be carrying. It might just provide a little more security when in drab.

Beverley Sims
08-19-2012, 01:40 PM
I have a large over the shoulder purse I use as a camera bag.
Nice soft lining inside, trouble is mirror, lipstick, brush, powder and other makeup items get mixed with the cameras.:)

tasidevil
08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
It's gotten to be natural for my wife to hand me her purse when shopping and it just feels so natural to feel it on your shoulder. Sometimes I get these funny looks from her about "you're way to natural with that" :)