PDA

View Full Version : TG/CD Bucket Lists

Lilia
08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
WARNING – Long post.

We all have them right? First time out of the house, first time at a support group, first time at a public place. This summer has been one where I have done a few firsts that I thought might never occur in this girl's lifetime. I try to be a natural me. It's my hair, my nails, and my face (with makeup help). I do use breast forms. Also, I have been doing some laser on the beard area and that has helped a lot with how I feel in daytime sun.

This past May, one of the first events was we (my spouse and I) were invited to a small wedding. First let me say to those that don't know me and or my sweetheart, she is a beautiful compassionate lady and loves all of my facets as much as I love her. So, we get invited to this wedding and you see the couple that were getting married know both sides of my gender presentation and they are totally cool with it as well. More than cool really, affirming. We accepted the invitation right away for the wedding but something gnawed at me. You guessed it, I wanted to attend the wedding as a lady. Sure being IN a wedding party is somewhere on the bucket list, but hey, a 50+ yo woman must be practical and attending is a big step. I thought it over for weeks but I really wanted to attend the wedding as Lilia. I also didn't want to take anything away from the bride and groom as dear friends. So I called and asked, they said without hesitation, “Sure, that will be great”. The wedding went great, the bride and groom looked wonderful, as I said it was small and held at a business location after hours. There were many friends and lots of family attending with a potluck dinner that followed for the reception. No one said anything rude and I was just “one of the ladies” at the wedding. My only regret is they didn't have any dancing so I didn't get to dance with my sweetheart.

Next on the summer list was just to attend a public gathering as Lilia. Not too far from my home is the town of Bethlehem, PA. This is a former steel town of Pennsylvania. Today it is a cute little city and each year they have a music festival called Musikfest. This is mostly a free to attend multiple stages of music of all sorts of varieties. Food and merchandise vendors, downtown streets blocked off, you get the idea. I have attended Pride events with many of these same elements but this is the general public not a select GLBT crowd. So this past Sunday we (my spouse and I) attended Musikfest. We had a great time, listened to music, walked around town, browsed through the vendors. We were going to meet up with another friend but we never manged to meet up among all the stages of the festival. We did all we could until we were too tired and had to head home to get rested for the next day. The strangest thing... not a bad word was heard...again. I'm not sure I even caught a stray stare. We were just two ladies out for a day. One peculiar feeling was I wanted to hold my sweetheart's hand and then I thought if I did, we would draw attention as two lesbians. So that afternoon, I didn't hold her hand but we did sit very close together at the venues. Sometimes, you just can't win it all.

The next day was one of those BIG Bucket list items. We were going to the beach. A public beach with lots of people around. This was a Monday but still in the busy time of summer. We went to a beach near Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. Rehoboth is a GLBT friendly town but we went to a State Park and beach because it had a shower house and restroom. I wore a two piece tankini top with a swim skirt bottom. I figured this would be the most comfortable for a longer day. I had to go a bit light on the makeup because I planned on getting wet that day. We had a nice time on the beach. We splashed a little up to our knees keeping my hat and sunglasses on while there were lots of people on the beach but later in the afternoon I really wanted to bounce around in the waves. So around 4:30, I dropped the hat and sunglasses and off I went into the water. It was wonderful, I got out after about 15 minutes of bobbing in the waves with a little too much excitement in my voice as my sweetheart reminded me to keep my voice in the proper range for a lady ;-) oops. The lifeguards closed the beach soon after that, not because of TG cooties in the water but because it was quitting time, 5:00 pm. We picked up to get showered and dressed to go to dinner. We went into the shower house and there I got cold feet. In each shower stall there was only one milk-white shower curtain separating each shower user from the larger room. I was hoping for a private changing area with a shower behind that. Many ladies, teens and kids were running around the shower house. Nope, I wasn't ready for that. We relocated the car to a quiet section of the parking lot and did our clothes change in the car. This was a little awkward but all concerned were spared of coronary complications. After we got changed and cleaned up, had a nice meal in the village of Rehoboth Beach and great walk on the boardwalk to cap off the night. A very memorable day. Again, all day not one bad comment or even any mis-gendered pronouns. These two ladies had a nice couple of days. I love my sweetheart very much.

Let's hear about other girl's Bucket List entries. I know we have kicked around the plane flights and that is one I will get to someday but I don't fly much these days.

I'll post some pics soon of my summer excursions.

Let's get out there.
- Lilia

Lilia
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Here are a few pictures of me at Musikfest, Beach, and Rehoboth Beach boardwalk.
You can see in the last picture my shoulders got a little pink from the time on the beach. Let's just say I had an interesting sun pattern on my shoulders and back. :D
- Lilia

NathalieX66
08-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Hi Lilia ,
Nice pics!
I believe I've met, or seen you (either Keystone Conference or Raven). I've been to the Musikfest in Bethlehem a couple of years ago. It was before I brought out, or accepted my girl side .
I'm much like yourself.

My bucket list as of now is:
1. finish off what ever hair removal (laser & electro) I've started.....you know, money and time.
2. Get all my hair down to my collarbone, and have it styled.
3. Do a live music act as Nathalie.

Launa
08-18-2012, 09:35 PM
I would love to spend 50% of my life as a woman and if I could do that everything else would fall perfectly into place. This probably won't happen so I'm going to take a few weeks off work every year and go somewhere for full vacations in femme!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!

outhiking
08-18-2012, 10:02 PM
You look wonderful and very happy.

bridget thronton
08-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Indeed you look very happy in your pics

Beverley Sims
08-19-2012, 01:51 PM
I like the picture of you by yourself.
It must be easy to do your bucket list looking like that.

Cheryl T
08-20-2012, 08:23 AM
Oh gosh, my list is getting shorter and shorter.
First I wanted nothing more than to be able to go out in public...done!
Then to be comfortable in public...done!
Then to spend a weekend dressed...done!
Then to spend an entire vacation dressed...done!
Then swimming at a public pool in my tankini (a bikini isn't for someone my age as much as I wish it was)...done!
Then lounging at our own backyard pool getting my tan lines refined ... done!

I've traveled and done so much I don't know what could be next. I think I'd like to take a Dignity Cruise...I'll have to add that to the list....

kimdl93
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I've done just about everything that I can do as an individual, but there are so many things I'd love to experience with my wife. Simple things, I guess, like going shopping en femme with her and having lunch occassionally. Maybe going out to the theatre, dinner and drinks, and we have talked about traveling together en femme, but its still a ways off.

xdressed
08-20-2012, 12:03 PM
- Go out in the day time
- Go out with my SO and/or some friends
- Go shopping en femme
- Play a gig en femme
- Spend a least a whole day dressed

Could fit all of them into one day eventually I'd imagine, but no time soon sadly

AllieSF
08-20-2012, 02:01 PM
My list includes those activities that I have done or would also like to do in male mode. I have flown en femme and done the bathing suit thing at motel pools. I want to travel overnight (day trip is acceptable) by train, fly again, travel by car for a long weekend on the ocean coast en femme, go to an opera and symphony (I have done and continue to do plays and ballet), and just spend more time during the day dressed out and about.

Lorileah
08-20-2012, 03:36 PM
My list is getting shorter too. One thing that will now never be done (unless that Nigerian Prince sends my 11 Million soon) is to travel the PCF from SF to LA (maybe even go all the way to San Diego) in a convertible and make the trip last a week stopping at various places along the way. Gas prices as they are though....:daydreaming:

I took dance lessons as a "follow". Now the bucket list changed that to find a dance partner tall enough to twirl me and not knock my wig off.

I have started going to fetish events (pretty good for a plain vanilla girl)

Most of what I have on the list is now just a matter of doing. I procrastinate a lot
:cute:

VickysBFF
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Lorileah: I have done the PCH trip several times although in a shorter time frame and in reverse. I've driven from San Diego to San Francisco and back several times and it is a really beautiful drive. I've gone with my SO and spent several days en femme with no problems or issues. As for the cost of gas, we did research on gas prices and gas stations along the way and did pretty well as far as finding the cheapest possible gas along the way.
I have also driven from SD to SF along the two other main routes: the I-5 and the CA-99. The I-5 trip was the worst as far as being un-scenic and getting some ugly looks when stopping for gas and restrooms along the way. CA-99 runs through rural, farm areas and is the most conservative past of CA but is a pretty drive (though not as pretty as the coast) and no problems or issues at all along the way.
If you ever get the chance I recommend doing it.

StacyPump
08-20-2012, 05:59 PM
My list:

1. A portrait-quality photo shoot in a beautiful wedding gown, with professional fitting and makeup.
2. A multi-week beach or cruise vacation in full girl mode, wearing sundresses, espadrilles and a straw sun hat (decorated with a flower) by day, and dancing in a sexy club dress and high heels at night.
3. Having a "girl's day and night" with my SO: shopping, eating lunch at a cafe, mani-pedi, seeing a movie, dining, having drinks, dancing, and then going home to fool around.
4. Playing a gig dressed as a rockabilly chick bass player.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/X/xsourpussx/1082335635_atriciaday.jpg

bimini1
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Would love to go swimming en femme.

xdressed
08-20-2012, 06:08 PM
That's one I forgot on my list, having a professional photoshoot done of myself while en femme

wanagione
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
HI Lill, you look great! Iam so glad you are having such a good summer!! I have a list too, I just can't figure out where I put it, I think it's under my school books somewhere!??

Dan'l
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Stacy.....

You said..." Playing a gig dressed as a rockabilly chick bass player"

Oh yeah, I could see you along side Honey Bee and Rod Piazza and the "Mighty Flyers"

Do I really have to say it?? Rock-a-billy ROCKS!!! Ain't nuthin' better to dance to!!!

xcdmargo
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Cool thread and some great ideas. I hope everyone gets to complete their lists.
So, for me
1) Photo Shoot as a Pin Up Girl
2) Do a Burlesque number on stage
3) travel more mas Margo (I've driven up and down I-95 dressed and had no problems)
4) Go to a Broadway Show dressed

I am going to SCC this year which is something I've wanted to do for quite awhile.

margo