PDA

View Full Version : A little self-consious

Millie
08-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi girls
I am feeling a little self-consious about my beer belly when I dress up. I know many of us through the years have them. Do any of you girls feel the same way and what have you done to maybe correct it. Diet is out of the question, I'm thin anyway.:eek:

Ann Thomas
08-19-2012, 02:29 PM
Yes, I feel that way too, even though I probably don't have much of one.

Weight loss is what you're looking for, even though it's just in one part of your body.

Every weight loss program is essentially the same: diet and exercise. True, you might be thin, but you might not be eating certain whole food groups, like veggies, that are very helpful. You might have something going on in there, so you might go see a doctor for a checkup and make sure you don't have something wrong (small chance that's the problem, but it's important to at least check it.)

There's lots of exercises that help with beer bellies. Try watching some videos of stomach exercises. Richard Simmons has good ones, and he's roughly in our age group now (I think he's 61).

The most important part of weight loss or toning is keeping a good, positive attitude about it. If you think you can do it, you can do it.

Hugs,
Ann

docrobbysherry
08-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Altho I have a hereditary pooch in my tummy, my abs r pretty solid! They HAVE to be because of my bad back.:sad:

The toning is a secondary issue but I like the way it looks on Sherry!:o

Every morning I do 2 sets of 50 1/2 crunches, some leg lifts, and several different stretching excersizes. They take 10 to 15 while my tea is cooking and computer warming up. I stopped ALL other excersize to soften my fem figure!:battingeyelashes:

It's simple and effective! But, u have to do it EVERY DAY!:brolleyes:

(These pics r about 5 years old. My skin is flabbier but I'm actually better toned and about 10 pounds liter now!):straightface:
185477 185478

Tracii G
08-19-2012, 05:14 PM
After losing a lot of weight I still have a belly, mostly loose skin in the belly area.I am doing crunches everyday but its not helping much so far but I will keep doing them.
Good luck with it.

Heather1129
08-19-2012, 07:31 PM
I wear maternity apparel, looks like it was made for me...:-)

Heather

Eryn
08-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Diet is not out of the question. Fat is fat and you happen to be carrying some around in the belly region like a lot of men do. I'm thin too and I discovered that my belly fluctuates pretty much with my weight. At 175 I have a nice round early pregnancy. At 160 I'm pretty flat.

kimdl93
08-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Weight loss, muscle tonig exercise and possibly supplemental testosterone. Low t is sometimes evident in excess male belly fat.

Ashley D.
08-20-2012, 01:27 AM
The belly is the only place I carry whight and I have a lot of it for now. I'm working really hard to beg rid of it.
Just wish I could keep it and just move it to where I want it lol.

Cheryl T
08-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Buy a good shaper like Spanx or something and it will help. Only way to get rid of it is to stop doing those 12oz curls and do some crunches instead. Make that 12 pack into a 6 pack.

Jorja
08-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Make that 12 pack into a 6 pack.

But I am a party girl, I love those kegs!