PDA

View Full Version : state fairs

sam
08-19-2012, 11:31 PM
would any one go to there state fair or county fair as a female?

is it easy?
is it fun?

Eryn
08-19-2012, 11:58 PM
I've never done it, but it doesn't seem different than going anywhere else en femme. Just dress appropriately for the occasion and have fun!

Oh, and avoid petting the pigs and chickens.

Tracii G
08-20-2012, 12:45 AM
I went to the KY State Fair last week and petted a polka dot goat is that OK?

noeleena
08-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Hi,

Would that be like our aggriculture & trade fair. Yes & i have taken our grandaughter a good few times like many other outings, & the race course , is it easy, yes ,i do photography as well & talk to lots of people,

Some of our Edwardian group get dressed up as well & go.

Is it fun , its what you make it ,& what your interests are. if you go have fun & a enjoyable day,

Eryn, & you dont like the pigs & chickens,,,,,,,,they are lovely we have had many of those as pets.

...noeleena...

Shelly Preston
08-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Sure why not go.

This seems like another opportunity to get out and enjoy yourself.

erickka
08-20-2012, 05:16 AM
Why not?? You would just be another girl enjoying the fun the fairs have to offer.

linda allen
08-20-2012, 05:54 AM
If you're not normally "out" as a female, a state (or county) fair sounds like a great place to do it. If you've never been to one before, they bring out all sorts of people, some I suspect, only leave the hills or the farm for the fair. You will see some pretty strange sights so you're not going to stand out as different.

Cheryl T
08-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Sure, why not? Sounds like fun. I've always enjoyed the fairs but never had the opportunity to go dressed.
Just remember to wear comfy shoes that you don't mind getting a little dirty...especially if you're around the animal exhibits...lol.

Debra Russell
08-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Yep! been there done that -- lots of fun - no hassell, did it last year

Posted these before but had to again -- best time I've had while dressed --- go for it.......................Debra

katie_barns
08-20-2012, 01:54 PM
" Our state fair is the best state fair, don't miss it, don't even be late. "

A line from the musical 'State Fair'. All the old people will recognize it. :)

I went to the KY State Fair last week and petted a polka dot goat is that OK?

I am so jealous. I just avoid the sheep they always clock me.............

Karren H
08-20-2012, 02:05 PM
We go every year to the county fair.... and I wouldn't go enfemme.... get manure on my pretty clothes!

Kate Simmons
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
If I did I'd be wearin' "Daisy Dukes", high heels and toting a denim purse. ;):)

Beverley Sims
08-20-2012, 02:53 PM
You are less likely to get read at a state fair as most people look at the exhibits.
For others, blending in at these functions means chewing a piece of straw and wearing shirt and "Jeans".")

Eryn
08-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Eryn, & you dont like the pigs & chickens,,,,,,,,they are lovely we have had many of those as pets.

I love pigs and chickens! I was referring to some of the recent issues with viral infections jumping species.

Alice Torn
08-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Was hoping to go a county fair near here, but they were done before i knew it! I hope to go out for the first time in over two yrs tomorrow evening, to a concert in the park bandshell, in Dekalb Illinois. I went there in July 2010, and no problems. I better avoid children, though. Mostly senior citizens, and that could present some problems!

Chickhe
08-20-2012, 11:35 PM
You see a lot of unusual people at the fairs, so I would think it would be an easy one to blend in to...only risk is there are a lot of unusual people at the fair...