PDA

View Full Version : Danger willl robinson

katie_barns
08-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I started to post this as a reply to "Passing - It's really BS" but didn't want to take form the OP.

I will try to make this short. I was in Walmart dressed and wanted to use the Red Box. There were 2 kids playing on it. The father was about 10 feet away so I asked him if they were going to rent a movie. He said no and motioned them away. They ignored him. So I said to the kids "Pardon me". All but one moved away. I repeated "Pardon me", at that point the last kid gave me a dirty look and moved away. I started my purchase. A woman approached me and asked "What did you say to my kids." I told her "Pardon me was all I said." At that point she said, "that better be all you said." She pissed me off. [My first mistake]. I then repeated the entire process and said if you don't believe me ask him; and pointed to the man still standing 10 feet away. She started screaming at me say things like no fagot is going to yell at my kids. I fired back asking what her problem was. [My second mistake]. At that point the man got between us and started saying all kinds of shit I won't repeat. I could see the hate in his eyes, and I was in danger. I turned and walked back outside where he followed me saying all kinds of stuff. He gave up when I crossed the roadway in front of the store going to the parking places.

The man didn't clock me at first but the women did right away. I honestly believe that this wouldn't have happened if I passed.

They were a bunch of rednecks, I know, and it was Walmart where rednecks tend to gather. Yes I did make some mistakes, and the only thing that got hurt was my feelings but it could have been a lot worst. It was a rare occasion too. I seldom have trouble when in public even though I don't always pass.

I post this not for sympathy, [I don't need it] but for others to take heed and be careful. Also to show that passing is not always BS but can be very important.
I just wanted to run to out to get a movie. I didn't go to the extremes I usually do to be as passable as possible. It cost me that time. But I did learn from my mistakes. I also learned to always walk away from conforntations, you almost never win.

Tracii G
08-20-2012, 10:17 AM
You did nothing wrong Katie pardon me is is as nice as you can get.
Best just to walk away and wait for them to leave.People can be jerks.

Roberta Young
08-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Katie, SOOOO sorry for what happened to You. You did the right thing. Society can be so unforgiving. Luv Roberta

Vickie_CDTV
08-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Long ago when I started first going out, a friend of mine who had been dressing for a long, long time gave me some sage advice: whenever children of strangers are around, it is always risky. Some parents, who might otherwise ignore you in passing, bring the claws out when their children are involved. Even if the children are total brats and in the wrong, it doesn't matter, it will always bring out the worst in the parents and will overreact when a trans person is involved.

And yes, this is a good reason why passing can matter in certain circumstances.

katie_barns
08-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Long ago when I started first going out, a friend of mine who had been dressing for a long, long time gave me some sage advice: whenever children of strangers are around, it is always risky. Some parents, who might otherwise ignore you in passing, bring the claws out when their children are involved. Even if the children are total brats and in the wrong, it doesn't matter, it will always bring out the worst in the parents and will overreact when a trans person is involved.

And yes, this is a good reason why passing can matter in certain circumstances.

Very well put. I learned this the hard way. But it is a very important piece of information for others.

kimdl93
08-20-2012, 10:48 AM
I don't think you did anything wrong. Even if you had passed completely, this was a no-win situation. I personally would never tallk to children while I'm dressed (unless of course, the parent initiates the conversation). I'm always a bit self conscious around kids I don't know, even when I'm in drab, because people are understandably suspicious and protective of their children.

Kate Simmons
08-20-2012, 11:04 AM
People like that think they are primarily entitled to everything and that everyone else, including minorities are on the shit list. I don't go near those types in any mode.:)

Beverley Sims
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Sometimes I swallow my pride and I nearly avoid confrontation in female mode.
I have said it before a bit differently. "Little children and especially teenage girls are the ones that you do not want to clock you.
Avoid the mall at school breakup times.:)

docrobbysherry
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
A good cautionary reminder, Katie! For those of us that can't pass!

If we go out, dressing to blend may NOT be enuff! U may need to alter your personality to blend, also!

Yet another reason to dress thotlessly, happily, safely, and blend free in my closet!

Tracii G
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Teens are by far the worst.

May(be)
08-20-2012, 12:27 PM
that is a terrifying situation to find one's self in. I am glad you were able to recognize the situation was escalating and get out as fast as you could.

once my wife realized that this would be a reality for someone like us, she suggested that I take some self defense classes. she offered to sign me up for some women's self defense classes at the gym where she works. I thought this was a strange suggestion and became a little offended by the idea, which was a silly thing for me to do.
I am glad you are safe, and this is just another reason not to go to walmart. thanks for the lesson. I think that on this forum we often forget that many people are still hostile toward us.
Regardless, this post has inflamed my righteous indignation

BRANDYJ
08-20-2012, 12:37 PM
And this incident demonstrates why most of us are not venturing out into the public arena. This could have ended up much worse then it did. Store security and or store management could have been called in by the raging parent. If she was that vicious, she could tell them that you tried to pick up her kids or something that would have had the police show up next. Or that dad, he could have gotten physical if provoked enough. I just don't need or want this kind of drama in my life. I'd probably keel over with a heart attack.

katie_barns
08-20-2012, 12:53 PM
And this incident demonstrates why most of us are not venturing out into the public arena. This could have ended up much worse then it did. Store security and or store management could have been called in by the raging parent. If she was that vicious, she could tell them that you tried to pick up her kids or something that would have had the police show up next. Or that dad, he could have gotten physical if provoked enough. I just don't need or want this kind of drama in my life. I'd probably keel over with a heart attack.

I don't mean to scare anyone form going out. This was an isolated incident and if I had been a little smarter I could have avoided it. Vickie's post about children is very important. This was only meant for education. I will be out again probably this week only I will be a little smarter this time. Life is a learning experience, we never stop learning no mater how old we get.

KlaireLarnia
08-20-2012, 01:03 PM
First of all I feel sorry for you. No one deserves s**t like that and I really understand why you would be upset at it. I would like to think that where I am in the UK that would not happen, I am sure in some places it would sadly. I thankfully have never been subject to more than a few snide comments and one girl who looked at me like I was an alien from Mars who was going to eat her!

Second I understand why you say that being able to pass may have avoided that situation as the woman may not have noticed but I personally reckon that she would have no matter how good you are. She could have been one of those people who take offence to a stranger telling her kids what to do and your voice would have given it away instantly either way I guess.

But surely if we all want the freedom to wear what we want, when we want then it is things like this at we have to face up to. If "rednecks" (which is a term I have never fully understood) like these realise that people like us are not going to bite or rise to the occasion then hopefully they will leave us alone. I hate to say it but it is the people to DO NOT pass or do not attempt to pass that will finally give us the freedom to wear what we want, and not those who try and pass to make your lives easier. I don't mean to be nasty there but the problem is not how you look or if you can pass, it is public perception and trying to pass is never going to change that - it is those like me who do not try and pass who will.

Either way I am again sorry you got treated like that. Sadly that is one of the many perils in what we do...

Cynthia Anne
08-20-2012, 05:27 PM
It truley is a shame the way some parents let there kids run wild! But as always it's the parents that need corrected!

bridget thronton
08-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Sorry I were treated unfairly (I too do not ever speak to stranger's kids no matter how I dress - never can tell when I will find a parent spoiling for a fight)

Cheryl T
08-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Sounds like a couple of "WalMartians" missed the last photo session. Some people just can't control their kids and are offended if you say Anything to them.

KellyCT2011
08-20-2012, 06:06 PM
I like going to the Redbox while "dressed". I have never had a problem, but if there is someone already using it, I just walk by, and go back a few minutes later.

Michelle03
08-20-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry you had this happen to you. Parents can be protective against anything they don't understand and therefore they take it as a threat. I do wish however ya'll would quit using the term "redneck" to group these people together. I consider myself as a redneck. I have a very small community upbringing on a ranch and I am a welder by day and a woman by night. I live in the middle of nowhere and love it. There are people from all walks of life that are not understanding of how others choose to live their lives. I am decently educated, love the outdoors, and do most of the things you would think of a redneck doing. All I'm asking is before throwing a derogatory term for someone out there think of how it might make them feel. I know each of ya'll don't want to be called certain things either. Just because they have done something in a negative manner to you don't lower yourself to their manner in name calling. Lets change the world together. We want to be able to be who we are without judgement and persecution from others and so do they. Just think of it. I'm not standing up for the couple that did this because they were wrong but that gives us no right to do the same to them. Mercy is given to the merciful. Thanks girls!

Persephone
08-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Katie,

I am so sorry and upset about what happened to you! That is terrible.

Passing certainly does help in those situations, but even if you were a GG or a guy the same could have happened.

Personally, I think you only made one really dangerous mistake and that was when you walked out of the store. No telling what could have happened out there.

Always think of heading towards security, not away from it. In this case that probably meant walking towards the nearest security person or towards customer service.

Same in a car. Suspect you are being followed? Don't head for home and never pull into your driveway! Keep going and head for the police station.

So sorry for what happened!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sophia Claire
08-20-2012, 06:57 PM
First, you did handle yourself very well. Getting mad was not an unreasonable reaction, the lady (I use the term quite loosely) treated you like some molester. I would have been angry too. After all, you just wanted a f***ing movie like anyone else in line at a redbox. Except for this bunch of trailer park filth (no offense to anyone who lives in a trailer) and their apparently poorly mannered curtain climbing hellspawn. No, getting mad was not an unreasonable reaction. And walking away was an extremely reasonable response.

Second, I don't know how things are around Louisville, but where I'm from you don't go to Wal-Mart before 2AM if you want to avoid trailer trash. Either Walgreens or CVS has a video rental machine. I might recommend one of those. ;)

STACY B
08-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm sorry you had this happen to you. Parents can be protective against anything they don't understand and therefore they take it as a threat. I do wish however ya'll would quit using the term "redneck" to group these people together. I consider myself as a redneck. I have a very small community upbringing on a ranch and I am a welder by day and a woman by night. I live in the middle of nowhere and love it. There are people from all walks of life that are not understanding of how others choose to live their lives. I am decently educated, love the outdoors, and do most of the things you would think of a redneck doing. All I'm asking is before throwing a derogatory term for someone out there think of how it might make them feel. I know each of ya'll don't want to be called certain things either. Just because they have done something in a negative manner to you don't lower yourself to their manner in name calling. Lets change the world together. We want to be able to be who we are without judgement and persecution from others and so do they. Just think of it. I'm not standing up for the couple that did this because they were wrong but that gives us no right to do the same to them. Mercy is given to the merciful. Thanks girls!

Come on Sissta ,,, Your a Coon Ass ,,,, I live close to you ,,, We all know that ,,, I didn't know there were Red Necks in Louisanna ? LOL,,,,,,

Michelle03
08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Texas side of LA. No rice, just trees and cattle. lol

Badtranny
08-20-2012, 07:16 PM
I consider myself as a redneck.

Sorry Michelle, but I disagree with you completely. I was raised in Southern Louisiana, (New Iberia) and being the second generation to grow up in a little trailer in the middle of nowhere, I have a white trash pedigree.

I speak redneck and I generally don't have a problem with them but if I'm in a bar, in a certain part of town, and I hear somebody yell "yeehaw!" I know to get my tranny ass out of there. Using redneck as a pejorative is no different than using it as a term of endearment. If it offends you, then try not being so sensitive.

Nothing personal babe, but the whole language police thing is kind of a pet peeve of mine.

Sally24
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I probably wouldn't have backed down but who knows how that would have turned out?:eek:

As a side issue. I have a great app on my phone that allows me to check and pay for any video in any redbox. It sort of a Virtual Cut In Line thing. Great for when people are taking all day at the box!

Angela Campbell
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I was raised in south GA so I am about as red as it gets! But I would never treat someone that way.
some people just do not understand us so they will react badly.

But then again as a man I have seen similar from doctors and hospitals. They always acted like as a father to two daughters I was a likely suspect to molest them. That is about as insulting as it gets. And they would never have known about me crossdressing because I did not do it when my kids were growing up. They just act like if it is a man and there are young girls around it cannot be good and he should never be trusted.

suchacutie
08-20-2012, 07:39 PM
This thread is a great reminder that security is always something that should be in our minds, and not just when we are out dressed! I'm not suggesting paranoia, but simply "best practices".

The problem that I see is one of "success leading us astray". After a few outings where everything just goes swimmingly, it's harder to remember that there are people out there who really see us in a very bad light.

Thanks so much for reminding us that avoiding conflict (no matter how hard it may be) is usually the right path.

(p.s. I happen to love Netflix! :) )

Sharon B.
08-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles at Wal-Mart another good reason why I dislike shopping there, even in male mode there are some you can run into trouble as you describe. Living just south of Louisville across the county line, it is hard to leave here as a woman and to come back home as one also. I have done it a few times but it seems to be getting harder to do it everyday because of all the bigots and so called Christians that only want to believe something that is written in the old testament when we are to live our lives according to the new testament.

STACY B
08-20-2012, 07:58 PM
You did nothing wrong Katie pardon me is is as nice as you can get.
Best just to walk away and wait for them to leave.People can be jerks.

BFF,,, I here ya,,, Good thought ,,, Thats where its always good to be able to change back real fast !! LOL,,, Back you ask ? Back to what you ask ? Well I own it ,,Just choose to put it away for fear of using it ,,,I hate it but its always there Lurking in the back of my Twisted Mind ,,, Hiding ,, Pepping ,,, I can here HIM Breathing Heavier an Heavier ,,, Almost like some kind of Wild Animal or Beast ,, I tell HIM STOP ,,, Rush I Feel is to strong for a little girl to resist . Growling , Mouth breathing ,, Long Breaths STOP my mind says its to late the song has been sung the trigger has been pulled , Savage Monster just beating an Thrusting HIS way to the surface ,, Walk away I say,,, Head pounding Heart Thumping ,, Pure ICE WATER running threw my veins ,, I try to run but my feet wont move ,,He's got full control now ,,, I feel it ,,Coming up about to POP like a Presure Cooker ,,,Ohhhh SHIT here it comes ,, BAM,,,,,,BAM,,,,,,BAM,,,,,, Dammit I thought I told you to stay in there ,, A single tear drop hits the ground ,,, From my girl eye ,, Sorry ,, Sometimes HE just cant help HIMSELF .He retreats faster than HE came What happen you ask ? Dont ask me ,,Im just a girl trying to do some shopping Some big ol mean man came along an Golly Gee ,,,LOL Trans- Lite ,, Brought to you by Stacy B ,,,All rite reserved !!

katie_barns
08-20-2012, 10:55 PM

No offense Michelle on the redneck thing. I love Louisiana and the people there. It may be that certain terms carry different meaning in different places. I am as about as country as the county can get. I have a lot of tendency that could be called redneck but where I come from the term redneck usually refers to people with a self importance attitude and think the world owes them a favor, with little regard to others. The country version of trash. It has nothing to do with financial status, race or where you were raised. Heck I was raised on a farm about as poor as a church mouse. But I don't consider myself a redneck.
I do admit that the term might not be viewed that way in other places. If you were offended I do apologize.
I still hold in Kentucky what we consider redneck they were a shining expample of.

Leslie Langford
08-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Don't let this incident get to you, katie. As they say, "what goes 'round, comes 'round". These inbred hillbillies and their sullen, disrespectful, and obnoxious offspring deserve each other.

It has been my experience that those parents who indulge and always take their kids' side no matter what misdeeds they have been up to end up raising entitled monsters who eventually turn on them. In some cases, their lack of personal accountability and disrespect for any type of authority resulting from their laissez-faire upbringing eventually puts them at odds with the rest of society, and may even get them into trouble with the law.

Your ego may have taken a bruising that day, but sooner or later someone will give these jerks a real sh%t-kicking, which they will richly deserve. The only tragedy is that you will likely not be on hand to witness and mark this occasion with a resounding, fist-pumping "Yesss!"

stacycoral
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Katie, it sounds like you did not hurt anyone, but it proves that Too many parents are not being parents and telling kids to show proper repect for adults!!!!! Girl if you pass 100% or not, the father should have taken care of the kids right away, I very happy girl that you did not get hurt, feeling get hurt, but we are strong enough to get pass stupid people. Hugs.

Stephenie S
08-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Kids don't respond to "excuse me". Of course that's the "nice" thing to say, but it's unrealistic to expect a couple of unsupervised kids to even hear it.

You are an adult, they were kids. You're in charge. It would have perhaps been more effective to say loudly, "Hey, guys, get off the machine, I want to use it", directly to the kids. I don't think kids respond well to polite subtlety.

You could even have used your guy voice LOUDLY. That would have freaked them all out.

Oh well. You did the right thing to de-escalate the situation.

Babeba
08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Two things:

1) that situation sounds wrong and scary, and I'm glad you got away from it. Those kids sounded like they were taking well after their parents.

2) WTF is a redbox, and do we have them in Canada? :)

Alice B
08-22-2012, 08:46 PM
You handled the situation very well. I'm afraid I might have lost my temper, confronted and decked the guy with a very unlady like fist.

Leslie Langford
08-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Two things:

1) that situation sounds wrong and scary, and I'm glad you got away from it. Those kids sounded like they were taking well after their parents.

2) WTF is a redbox, and do we have them in Canada? :)

I think it is one of those vending machine-style dispensers for DVD's that we have popping up here as well in places like grocery stores, Walmart etc., now that Blockbuster has gone belly up on both sides of the border. Rogers is also systematically closing down all of its former video rental stores to steer customers towards their video on demand and pay-per-vue offerings. Netflix probably also put the final nail in the coffin.

Video streaming and downloading movies from the Internet - both legally and otherwise - is becoming the new normal now. It also gives the cable companies a new revenue stream, as people will now need to buy more expensive monthly data packages to get all of the necessary bandwidth to do all that.

sonna
08-23-2012, 01:43 AM
what disturbs me about our country and laws if you had to fight her off they would put you in jail
it s better to stay away from kids in general. most of these people are tought from a young age
not to trust anything different!!!!!!!!

larry
08-23-2012, 09:19 AM
that is a terrifying situation to find one's self in. I am glad you were able to recognize the situation was escalating and get out as fast as you could.

once my wife realized that this would be a reality for someone like us, she suggested that I take some self defense classes. she offered to sign me up for some women's self defense classes at the gym where she works. I thought this was a strange suggestion and became a little offended by the idea, which was a silly thing for me to do.
I am glad you are safe, and this is just another reason not to go to walmart. thanks for the lesson. I think that on this forum we often forget that many people are still hostile toward us.
Regardless, this post has inflamed my righteous indignation

Now THIS was funny "she offered to sign me up for some women's self defense classes at the gym where she works. I thought this was a strange suggestion and became a little offended by the idea" . Did you sign up ?

May(be)
08-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Now THIS was funny "she offered to sign me up for some women's self defense classes at the gym where she works. I thought this was a strange suggestion and became a little offended by the idea" . Did you sign up ?

I actually made an entire thread devoted to this question. Short answer is no, I didn't. If you want to hear more, I recommend checking out the entire thread.

Veronica27
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
There is a multitude of lessons to be learned from this thread, regardless of how we are dressed. Some of the obvious ones (some already mentioned) are:

1. Don't be confrontational wth strangers. Walk away, say sorry, seek help if necessary.

2. When walking or driving away, head toward the safety of others such as security police etc, not to where you are alone and vulnerable.

3. Always be wary around children, both boys and girls. Even when the parents are present, the slightest form of attention such as a smile, or wave can be misconstrued by today's heightened conciousness of perversion. Small children, by instinct, tend to stare at the unusual. I have had parent's glare at me for a simple acknowledgment of the child's interest, such as smiling, even though I was in male garb.

4. A term of endearment to one person can be a grievous insult to another. As crossdressers we should be aware of the fact that this stems from stereotyping. Whether we are discussing rednecks, ethnics, nationalities, crossdressers, transgendered, Christians, Muslims, Jews, right-wingers, left-wingers, trailer trash, men, women, gays straight, jocks, nerds, etc. etc. the important point is that they are all individuals and do not conform to any stereotype. We just assume they do, and this is wrong.

5. The non-crossdressing public are the majority, and they cannot be expected to always or fully understand. The emphasis should be on promoting tolerance for all, and acceptance of all, and we should be leaders in this by example.

6. There is no clearcut answer as to whether it is wisest to pass well, or to let the truth be obvious. Either approach can be best in specific situations, but this requires a lot of forethought.

Veronica

~Joanne~
08-23-2012, 12:11 PM
It truley is a shame the way some parents let there kids run wild! But as always it's the parents that need corrected!

I agree with Cynthia, the parents are the real problem here and the reason why the world is going to hell in a hand basket real fast. A responsible parent , regardless of WHO was present, would have told their kids to get away from the machine to begin with. Especially if someone is standing there waiting to use it. Bad parenting is the reason we have all these bad children running amok.

You did the right thing though to walk away.

Voulez-Vous
08-23-2012, 01:51 PM
The man didn't clock me at first but the women did right away. I honestly believe that this wouldn't have happened if I passed.
They were a bunch of rednecks, I know, and it was Walmart where rednecks tend to gather. Yes I did make some mistakes, and the only thing that got hurt was my feelings but it could have been a lot worst. It was a rare occasion too. I seldom have trouble when in public even though I don't always pass.

I post this not for sympathy, [I don't need it] but for others to take heed and be careful. Also to show that passing is not always BS but can be very important.
I just wanted to run to out to get a movie. I didn't go to the extremes I usually do to be as passable as possible. It cost me that time. But I did learn from my mistakes. I also learned to always walk away from conforntations, you almost never win.

Learn from this. It could have gotten a lot uglier. You are the minority - not the rednecks. Is it really necessary to CD to go rent a movie?

Lorileah
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
She started screaming at me say things like no fagot is going to yell at my kids.... At that point the man got between us and started saying all kinds of shit I won't repeat. I could see the hate in his eyes, and I was in danger. I turned and walked back outside where he followed me saying all kinds of stuff. He gave up when I crossed the roadway in front of the store going to the parking places.

we will be seeing him, his wife and the kids as teenagers on COPS. The kids will be bullies.

Laurel B
08-23-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry you had to put up with bullies. You did the correct thing in walking away. But if you are attacked physically, remember to defend yourself and yell "FIRE" and "HELP" People are more likely to call 911 for a fire then HELP alone.

STACY B
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
we will be seeing him, his wife and the kids as teenagers on COPS. The kids will be bullies.

COPS ??? More like Jerry Springer ,,, LOL,,,,,

CONSUELO
08-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry that happened to you. It must have been very upsetting. I know that if it had happened to me I would have been shaking for a few hours afterward. Personally I dislike WalMart and go there very very infrequently when all my other options have been exhausted. I just find the entire store, its layout, decor and yes, some of its customers too depressing for words. As for children, whether dressed or not, I avoid them like the plague, Why? Because our society is paranoid with fear of "molestation" and consequently, seems to have lost all sense of balance. Even the most innocent acts can be misinterpreted. Did any of you read of the policy of some airlines to not allow men to sit next to children. They enforce this AFTER you have been given seat assignments and are already on the airplane. Then the cabin crew ask you to move and give the reason as if you are a known child molester. Another reason to hate flying which I have to do a lot of but dislike intensely nonetheless.

Ressie
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I don't even go out dressed, but I've had similar confrontations a couple of times while shopping. Sometimes people just get in each other's way. Once that happens, both parties "know" that the other party is at fault. Impatience seems to be a big part of the equation.

Best thing is not to let someone else's emotions become yours. But it's usually so shocking when someone rudely confronts you, someone you don't know at all, that you just want to yell back.

Momarie
08-23-2012, 05:42 PM

I understand (and agree) with what you were trying to say in a very polite and thoughtful way.
I am sorry to see you are taking so much heat for it...especially here.

Sarasometimes
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
A couple of thoughts; obviously after seeing how mom responded to your simple request for her kids to move explains why her kids are rude. The dad may not have reacted the way he did but he needed to defend his onnoxiuos So. In hindsight would you reconsider retreating into the store as opposed to outside? Glad to hear it ended only at words. Thanks for sharing.

BLUE ORCHID
08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Hi Katie, You will be lucky if you don't end up in a People of WALMART* video.

Kaz
08-23-2012, 06:00 PM
We get families like that in the UK too... I avoid them like the plague... always have had and I don't shop 'dressed'. There is no way you will win in that situation. There is a portion of the human race that really worries me. The redneck term... yeah we have names for these types too and they are sadly not truly representative, but then I am with Melissa... it is not meant to be an abuse of the word or terminology, but more a frustration... we know what they are like... let's all rise above the terminology.

Katie... I hope you are okay. I know I would be affected by this for some weeks... I feel sorry for the kids... brought up in a different environment they would grow to be very different people...

MsJanessa
08-23-2012, 07:32 PM
another good reason not to shop at Walmart--the class of people there sometimes leave a lot to be desired(although I confess the prices are right)

Debglam
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Katie, I am so sorry! Wrong place at the wrong time.

A little rant of mine: I don't shop at Walmart for a number of reasons. One of them is that even here in CA, they seem to attract the lowest of the low and there is NEVER any sort of security and their underpaid employees are NOT going to get involved in a situation like yours.

Debby

Yolanda_Voils
08-24-2012, 07:21 PM
I never speak to anyone in public except at TG/CD type establishments.
When forced to do otherwise I speak like a mouse.

Asked "fight or run" ALWAYS RUN.
Take some self defense instruction, however little.

When I cannot run, I become a Marine Corps Drill Instructor.
I totally convince the agressors that I'm willing to kill or die in the attempt.

Psycho, even if a total act will and has for me stopped several situations cold.
Even when outnumbered up to 5-1 odds I convinced them that the first few coming into reach would become organ donors.

Most states consider an attack by two or more to be life threatning.
Check with your counsel asap regarding state code where you frequent.

Ga & Fla both have "stand-your-ground" statutes in place.

Above all, use common sense and arm yourself with appropriate methods of self preservation.

My $0.02 worth
Yolanda

Janet77
08-25-2012, 01:57 PM
My two thoughts:
1. I never, ever, shop at WalMart. Call me a snob but the people who work and shop there tend to be at the low end of the evolutionary scale.
2. You did the right thing by walking away. There is no upside to getting into a confrontation with angry, crazy people. For all you know, they may have been armed.

bobbimo
08-26-2012, 04:50 PM
So Let me say that this is the part of being CD where you get to switch back to the man part and tell the little B...ds what you really think,
And since your at walmart you can smack the ever lovin s..t out of the snotty little tramp.
Sorry but the wine is winning here.
Bobbi

NicoleScott
08-27-2012, 08:59 AM
If you don't like stereotypes (crossdresser=gay, perverted, etc.), maybe you shouldn't stereotype rednecks. Not all of us are racist, homophobic, ignorant slugs. There are plenty of uptown, too-good-to-shop-at-Walmart people with unaccepting attitudes towards crossdressers. If you're too good to shop at Walmart (with the lowest of the low), we thank you for staying out and paying higher prices elsewhere.

Momarie
08-27-2012, 09:12 AM
If you don't like stereotypes (crossdresser=gay, perverted, etc.), maybe you shouldn't stereotype rednecks. Not all of us are racist, homophobic, ignorant slugs. There are plenty of uptown, too-good-to-shop-at-Walmart people with unaccepting attitudes towards crossdressers. If you're too good to shop at Walmart (with the lowest of the low), we thank you for staying out and paying higher prices elsewhere.

AMEN Sister!!!
You great big beautiful doll!

Rachel05
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
But you know what, the same situation might well have occurred even if you had been dressed as a man, the kids would still have been ill mannered and the parents setting their very own shining example of how to behave in society, you would still have asked the same questions and got the same responses I am sure, so okay maybe the insults about you being dressed were pointed and hurtful, but you know what they would have had a set of insults to suit any member of society I bet !!