PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of purging

tifftg
11-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is I have lost nearly 20 pounds (would like to lose 10-15 more). The bad news is I am running out of things to wear. I checked a number of items in my wardrobe and none of the size 18 skirts or pants or the size 20 or up tops fit well at all. I can get into a size 14 jean (in heaven) but only have one pair. I will give a lot away to Goodwill but as gg's are fond of saying. I have nothing to wear... :D

Shelly Preston
11-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss

If only I could do the same

Wendy me
11-19-2005, 05:31 PM
what a nice way to not have anything to wear good for you in your loseing 20 pounds hey skinny girl start shopping.............

Adele 2005
11-19-2005, 05:56 PM
If there's any items you really like, and don't want to get rid of, why not see if you can find a seamstress or tailors that can take in the cut of your favourite clothes? Or have a go yourself?

Who am I kidding? It's a good excuse to go shopping - you've earnt it!

jamie_44
11-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Weigh to go Tiff! You should fee very good about that accomplishment!

Maddie Nolan
11-19-2005, 06:40 PM
Congratulations honey!
Now, care to share your secret? I could do with losing 30 or 40 pounds myself!

KatieZ
11-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Maybe we can help you get rid of those old clothes and finance some new ones. Let's see what you've got.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12765

Hugs

tifftg
11-19-2005, 07:06 PM
I have to thank a cd girlfriend in chicago for this. She lost about the same amount of weight as I did and I asked her the secret. Hard but if you are as determined as she and I were you can do this as well. Give up the food you love the most and that you have a habit of eating too much of. In my case I really did two things, chocalate (very hard for me to give up) and not eating that extra bagel on Saturday and Sunday when I picked them up for the family. Other than that, I just started eating a little healthier, stopping when I was full and some carrots at lunch just to fill me up a little. It has taken a few months but since it is more of a lifestyle change I feel pretty good about keeping it off.

Tiff

TGMarla
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey, Tiff, way cool way to run out of clothes! You're the woman!:yrtw:

Jesse69
11-19-2005, 09:32 PM
I think you might have to keep your clothes just in case you gain the weight back. For me, I went from size 16 to size 6, and I think I should get rid of my size 14 and 16 stuff. But I still keep them to remind me of how fat I was once!

Losing weight by dieting only is very hard, and the lifestyle change of not eating what you want is very hard. For me, I couldn't give up eating things I wanted - candies, junk food, pecan pie, carrot cake, etc. I still eat this but I just make sure I don't overate for the day. Besides, 4 hours of biking each week is enough to maintain my weight from overating a little.

michellejean
11-20-2005, 01:39 AM
happy for you on the weight loss. now when you lose all you want too then go shopping and reward your self.

Holly
11-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Tiff, I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work and by all means GO SHOPPING!

Shannon
11-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Tiff -- congratulations on your accomplishment. It feels great to be slipping into smaller sizes, doesn't it! And there seems to be more variety in selections as you go down in size. I'm very happy for you.

I'd like to also add my two cents on weight loss. Diet is important, and so too is exercise. Losing weight just with dieting alone can mean that a lot of what you lose is lean muscle tissue as well as fat. I've learned that it is not only the pounds -- but your body fat percentage -- that is important. I was up to nearly 26% body fat -- 5'6" and 159 lbs. I'm below 20% body fat now (and I've been as low as 17%) -- I've also shedded a lot of inches -- yet I weigh about 150. So while from one perspective I've lost 9 pounds, actually I've lost a lot more pounds of fat and gain pounds of lean muscle mass. So I have a more compact body (smaller sizes) that is firmer and stronger.

Again Tiff -- Congratulations -- I'm very happy for you.

cathy b
11-20-2005, 06:50 AM
way to go tiff. i need to lose 20# myself don't know if i have the will power.

tifftg
11-20-2005, 12:44 PM
I'd like to also add my two cents on weight loss. Diet is important, and so too is exercise. Losing weight just with dieting alone can mean that a lot of what you lose is lean muscle tissue as well as fat.

Shannon, you have hit the next piece of the puzzle. Some things I have started doing on a small scale, always walking up and down stairs at work, parking far from the door at the office, now trying to incorporate using an elliptical regularly. Don't quite have the discipline for that yet. I keep thinking size 12, size 10 and I get motivated. LOL

tiff

Jesse69
11-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Tiff - what's your height and weight? Is there a good selection of nice clothes in the larger sizes ? How many sizes down did you go by losing 20 lbs?

When I was size 14 I still found nice clothes, but nice clothes in size 16 and up were hard to find. But I never went to Avenue or Lane Bryant. Once I became a size 16 I knew I had to lose weight.

Even though I lost weight the best way by exercising, I have gained about 5 lbs of it due to reduced exercise (not being able to bike in winter) and slight overating.

paulaN
11-20-2005, 07:36 PM
tiff that is great, so glad for you. maybe a shoping trip is in order.

fanci
11-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Tiff

way to go

wish I could do the same. I just need to lose a little more than you. Say 200 pounds more

Fanci