PDA

View Full Version : Dancing...and having fun!

Michelia
08-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi ladies...

Its been a while since I have been around. Just having too much fun!

One of the things I have been doing is taking dancing classes. I had always wanted to dance but I have two left feet so I would always get very frustrated. After taking jazzercise for a few months I discovered I could actually learn how to follow some moves although it is still difficult for me at times. I finally took the plunge and joined some dance classes!

What I did not expect was to be rotated with all the guys. All the guys practice certain moves with a girl and then they rotate to the next girl. So you get to dance with all the guys. At first some of the guys were quite nervous and uneasy dancing with me. But now they are all pretty friendly. I have also attended a few dance socials and parties recently!

I still have to ask most guys out to dance but they never say no. I am probably the only girl there that is always asking the guys out. But things are slowly turning around and I have had a few guys starting to ask me out on the dance floor. It has been incredible fun...

For those that have been sitting on the fence about it...all I can say is put your dancing shoes on and get out there! You will not regret it.

SherriePall
08-21-2012, 09:49 AM
Sounds like you have been having a good time while learning something new and getting some exercise.

Beverley Sims
08-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Michelia, I do not know what your aspirations are or at what stage you are in the cd/tg spectrum. This exercise appears to be a good way to get out and meet others. I bet it helps overcome some fears and you obviously present well.
Go for it girl.

docrobbysherry
08-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I've thot about doing that, Michelia. But, I'm too chicken! Good for u! Getting out. Getting healthy excersize. AND, learning to dance fem! Wonderful!

AllieSF
08-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks for a great story. What I see in it is that a great personality, self confidence and desire to have fun as yourself has let you accomplish just that, having fun. Congratulations and thanks again for sharing.

katie_barns
08-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Dancing is great exercise. I belong to a dance club and go 3 or 4 times a month. I have never done it en femme but that would be totally awesome. You go!

Lorileah
08-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I took two-step lessons to learn to follow. I enjoyed it...but hard to find a lead who is tall enough to twirl me and swing me. So I just gave up :) But was fun while it lasted and I got asked to dance by more women who wanted to lead than guys

Michelia
08-21-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks for all the warm comments, ladies.

Beverley --- I was so nervous the first time I showed up! But I can say the same thing about a lot of things I have done...I do not pass if that is what you mean. And I do not plan to transition. I just try to look as nice as I can and be friendly with everyone.

Lorileah ---- You were lucky! There are no women that like to lead in my classes! And there are some beautiful sexy fantastic dancers! Maybe one day if I ever get this following down I will come back and learn how to lead so I can lead the ladies too! And I can understand your predicament. I am 5' 11" and it is hard for shorter guys to twirl me...and my hair gets all messed up! I hate that! But there are enough tall guys to go around. A couple of the black guys are phenomenal dancers and they just happen to be the tallest. They have been teaching me a lot by helping me focus on that beat and getting me to be a little more fun and sexier when I dance. When they give me that look of approval, I melt!

Cynthia Anne
08-21-2012, 11:02 PM
A wonderful story Michelia! I love to dance! Even though I have one leg I'm out on the dance floor quite often! Hugs!

sterling12
08-22-2012, 12:34 AM
What kind(s) of Dancing Michelia? Are you doing Jitterbug, and Lindy-Hop, Ballroom, or Tango and Salsa?

As you get better, and learn to trust your Lead, you will find it's sublime when two people are working together as one. I think that's The Real Joy in Dancing. Interpreting The Music, and creating something elegant and stylish from scratch.

Ladies, if you haven't tried dancing, whether as a male or as your femme-self; you will probably miss one of the real joys of living. Good exercise, and Good for your brain too. learning new things often seems to protect us from senility.

Peace and Love, Joanie

bridget thronton
08-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Very well done - hope you continue to enjoy it

Michelia
08-22-2012, 05:32 PM
What kind(s) of Dancing Michelia? Are you doing Jitterbug, and Lindy-Hop, Ballroom, or Tango and Salsa?

As you get better, and learn to trust your Lead, you will find it's sublime when two people are working together as one. I think that's The Real Joy in Dancing. Interpreting The Music, and creating something elegant and stylish from scratch.

Ladies, if you haven't tried dancing, whether as a male or as your femme-self; you will probably miss one of the real joys of living. Good exercise, and Good for your brain too. learning new things often seems to protect us from senility.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I have been doing West Coast Swing and Salsa. I was doing Salsa because of my heritage, but I am trying to focus more on the West Coast as they have an open event right after the class. A lot of experienced dancers come from up to 100 miles away to participate. You are so right, Joanie, and I am glad you brought it up! I missed that in my original post. There are people that have been dancing for 30 years and up and they will never give it up because they enjoy it so much. The joy and fun the good dancers seem to experience is something that I hope I can eventually get to enjoy. They smile and laugh and seem to be so happy... especially when things seem to click with another dancer!