PDA

View Full Version : wild day

danielle d
11-19-2005, 06:42 PM
hi everyone

well i think what happened to me today will surely get me over going out in public dressed up.i started the day off getting dressed in a nice floral dress,brown hose and 5" plum heels and headed toward the glamour boutique in auburn,ma. i had a great time at the boutique trying on corsets and wigs and getting my wigs styled.on the way home my car died in the middle of an intersection and wouldn't start.everybody was beeping at me but i couldn't get the car to start. finally the police came and asked for my license and registration and realized i was actually a male dressed up.they had to tow my car and give me a ride.during the ride the officer asked me about my attire and i told him i was on my way to a party.he asked me where he could drop me off and i told him to take me to the kmart up the street.i had to call a cab to take me home.you should have seen the look on the cab drivers face when i got into the cab.he thought he was picking up a man because of my voice on the phone but when i got into the cab he wasn't to sure until i told him.i told him what had happened and he laughed.

TxKimberly
11-19-2005, 06:49 PM
LOL That reminds of one of the very first times I went out. I was in Andover Ma for training and had gone out with someone I had met in the internet. Well, we had a good time at Jaques, got back to the hotel at about 2AM, and darned if the fire alarm in the hotel didn't go off. My friend (another TG) and I had the pleasure of riding the crowded elevator with a family and walking through the crowds in the hallways to get to the car.
These days that wouldn't bother me much, but back then it scared the heck out of me.

Kim

TGMarla
11-19-2005, 06:59 PM
You know, this immediately brought to mind the poem by the great Robert Burns, once poet laureate of the British Empire, in his immortal poem, To A Mouse:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
In proving foresight may be vain;
The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!

The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men
Often go awry....in today's translation. All you can do is be glad you're home, and laugh it off.

Way to go, lady!

danielle d
11-19-2005, 07:06 PM
i still can't believe i went thru all of this today and never lost it.
danielle

Wendy me
11-19-2005, 07:21 PM
omg thats funny and not at the same time sorry to hear your troulbes with the car....at least the police were ok.............

Phoebe Reece
11-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Danielle, the world didn't stop spinning and it sounds like everyone treated you OK. Good for you for keeping your cool. It's unfortunate you had to undergo an experience like that, but now you know you can handle it. Before long, you'll mostly remember the good parts of your outing and will be out there again.

christine55
11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Yesterday that probably would have been your worst nightmare, now that it happened sounds like you coped really well and it turned out to be not so bad
Hugs, Christine

Rachael R
11-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Some years ago I had been in NYC clubbing and had a tire blowout while coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel. I would stay in a motel in N.J.

It's 4:30 A.M., January and I'm dressed to the nines (cocktail dress, wool coat, 4" pumps, nails all done, you girls know the drill). Of course that night I was by myself.

That's not exactly a good neighborhood to have a flat tire or a particularly good time of day for it either. Due to the type of neighborhood I wasn't wanting anyone to come by to help the "damsel in distress".

To make a long story short, I pulled off the first exit and found a level place to park the car and proceeded to change the tire myself. (darned near got a hernia loosening the lugs too!!!) By the time I was done my dress, hair, nails and coat were a mess and I was nearly frozen too. The whole process probably only took me 5 mins but it seemed like a lifetime.

Scary at the time but now I can look back and have a good laugh about it.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-19-2005, 11:27 PM
That which doesn't kill you make you stronger. ;)

Seriously, I'm not sure it would've helped given your situation, but that's why I always have my "boy bag" in the trunk -- change of clothes, shoes, make-up and nail polish remover, plus some extra cash and house key -- and keep an old AAA card (for the number) in the glove box. As the Girl Scouts say: Be prepared! (Oh wait, that was the Boy Scouts...boys, eeeeewwww! :eek: )

Adrianne
11-20-2005, 07:28 AM
Hello Danielle, i say that sounds like a day from hell, a day all of us dreed.

paulaN
11-20-2005, 10:42 AM
danielle sounds like you had a great day up until the car thing. But you kept your cool. I would have had a hard time in drab in your shoes, heels. he he. beeing stuck in traffic with a broken car realy sucks. You handled yourself real well. Very proud of you sista.

ronni
11-20-2005, 11:31 AM
I'll bet you looked really pretty, by the sound of your outfit.
Good thing you didn't have to hitchhike in 5" heels!

jjjjohanne
11-20-2005, 04:20 PM
That sounds like a horrible day, even in boy clothes! You are strong, you handled it well. You now have quite a story! (but I bet readers digest won't print it!!!)

uknowhoo
11-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear you made it through OK, albeit a rather hairy situation (figuratively speaking only, I'm sure:cool: )
Anyway, thanks for the post.
Hugs,

Tammi

JulieNY
11-20-2005, 08:50 PM
It sounds like you kept your cool. Being calm under pressure is a huge asset... I wish I had that asset ;).

I like Darla's suggestion, too. I think I'm going to follow that.

Rachel Morley
11-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi Danielle,

Gosh I would of died if that was me. I get nervous about people beeping at me as it is, to be stuck in the middle of an intersection, car broken down, all alone and dressed en femme :eek:

Funnily enough when Marla and I were in the car last time on our way to a Tri-Ess meeting I asked what would we do if we got a flat tire. I said do you think I should change the wheel out? and she said "you'll do such thing, we'd call AAA". I never carry a "boy bag" and so being rescued by the AAA man would be bad enough but the police would be worse.

Anyway, I'm glad it worked out ok in the end.

Shannon
11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
That was a wild day -- I'm happy that you survived it with reasonably good humor. And having survived that, the rest of your en femme outings should be a cakewalk.

Charlene Marie
11-21-2005, 01:09 AM
Good Job Danielle.
(similar experience)
About six years ago I was staying in a Hotel in Florida for a few days. One evening about nine P.M. after I had Charlene all done up, i went downstairs to the resturant. It was a great evening actually. But when I went back to my room I realized I didn't have my key.It was past eleven O'Clock by then and I knew I wouldn't find a attendent to let me back in. Shear panic set in
as I rode the elevator down to the desk to try and get a key from the clerk.
With my best Fem voice I said "Excuse me, but I seem to have misplaced my key" The fellow, about 25 years old or so looked at me and said, "Yes, of course mame, and what number please?" He retreived a key and asked me for my last name." I said " Smith" He glanced at the registration card and said, " Uh...., are you a friend of Mr. Smiths?" I said "Yes" Then he says, " Sorry, but I'll have to call him and see if he is expecting you." I said, " Well...er....he isn't expecting me, it's...er....sort of a surprise." Then the guy looks at me as if he finally understands whats going on and I figure I'm O.K.. But I'm wrong.
He says, " I'm terribly sorry mame, but I can't give you a key without Mr. Smiths authorization." I lost it a little. I said, " Oh...s..t! man, look at me, I'm Mr. Smith." I watched his eyes glaze over like he was going into shock and I could count every filling in his back teeth. " Please...just give me my fricking key would you." He just pushed the key toward me and watched me walk across the lobby to the eleavator door. I almost had a heart atack.

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-21-2005, 01:33 AM
On the plus side Charlene, you must have been pretty convincing as a GG. :)

Melissa Ryan
11-21-2005, 02:03 AM
omg thats funny and not at the same time sorry to hear your troulbes with the car....at least the police were ok.............

I seem to remember a time that you met some "law enforcers" too Wendy!

That was so well done Danielle! Good luck for the future! (hope the car is ok too!) :)

Phoebe Reece
11-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh...s..t! man, look at me, I'm Mr. Smith." I watched his eyes glaze over like he was going into shock and I could count every filling in his back teeth.

Charlene, I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one! It reads like the script of a comedy movie. I'm sure it wasn't funny to you at the time, but I've got to tell you that's the best one I've heard in a long time. It just goes to show that honesty is the best policy.