PDA

View Full Version : Female voice?

Madam Rose
08-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok so do any girl here use a female voice when they go gurl? I have practice just for fun. Even though when I order food or something the person always say ''ma'am'' I don't bother currect them.

bridget thronton
08-22-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds like your voice is much better developed than mine

Tracii G
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
I use mine while out all the time but its not all that different from my guy voice just a bit higher.
I did a video on it recently.
Finding the range that works for you makes it pretty easy.

Janelle_C
08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I practiced and got it to sound pretty good but I could not bring my self to use it around my wife. I was just a little self conscious, and now I lost it. But if I practiced it I could get it back.

GeminaRenee
08-22-2012, 11:35 AM
This is possibly one of the most challenging aspects of my dressing. Put it this way - whether or not I am physically passable is up for debate. But there is no question that my voice is not passable. I have a serious basso profundo thing going on. I have tried and tried to bump it up a couple of octaves, but it's no use. It A) feel horribly unnatural and inauthentic, and B) cracks like mad.

All I can really do is soften it up a bit and clip some of the sharp low end tones, but I don't think it ever really goes up more than a fifth. However, I've come to mostly accept that, because it's still a natural sound coming out of my mouth. And if my dressing is partly about being true to myself, I think it's pretty disingenuous to push some horribly fake voice - even if it deflates all possibility of being "passable" (there's that word again!). Nonetheless, it becomes hard for me to speak when I'm out in public, because I know that any doubts people may have are going to fly the coop as soon as I speak...

Jorja
08-22-2012, 11:39 AM
I practiced and got it to sound pretty good but I could not bring my self to use it around my wife. I was just a little self conscious, and now I lost it. But if I practiced it I could get it back.

Developing a female voice is one of those things where if you don't use it, you lose it. There are not many that can switch between male and female voice on the fly.

Richelle423
08-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I just can't to get a female voice.After watching a bunch of Jerrry SPRINGER SHOWS I feel Like I'm one of the transexuals.When I'm at work
I just go up to one of my co-workers and say in my manly fem voice" I was born a man" Oh the work humor that I can pull off!!!!!!

Danni Renee
08-23-2012, 07:54 PM
I worked hard on my femme voice and though not perfect it was pretty good. My SO asked me to use it around her but that was a mistake to listen to her. It caused a lot of stress in her and so I have stopped working on it (for now).

Danni

Emily359
08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
I've always wanted to, but I feel so awkward. I hate my male voice already, so hearing my just-kinda-distorted-and-not-particularly-feminine voice isn't particularly enjoyable. It's also hard to be comfortable practicing when my roommate is around. She knows about me, but I still feel weird when it comes to things like that.

This sometimes feels like my biggest barrier. I can go for walks at night, but if I want to go outside when there are people around, I need to be able to respond to anything anyone might say.

Tera
08-23-2012, 11:51 PM
This is something I've wanted to work on and is especially necessary for going out, whenever I get around to building up to that. But I'd like to have everything down as best as I can first. Where can I find a video or literature or anything on the subject? I'd love to get cracking on developing a female voice

Emily359
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Tera, there are a lot of YouTube videos about it. When you try things, though, be careful. Some people suggest things that seem like they would damage your throat/vocal-chords.

As far as actually getting it done, it seems the most important thing is practice. Clear a bit of time in your schedule and keep it up until it sounds good and feels fairly natural. Some of these YouTube people amaze me, switching back and forth at will. Many have gotten to a point where they actually feel more comfortable using a feminine voice.

Oh and you might want to read a bit about the differences between feminine speech and masculine speech (this like drawing out vowels, higher pitch at the ends of words, etc). It's a little bit of a stretch to act like all women talk like that, but it will still probably help you act, and feel, more feminine.

Rachel Morley
08-24-2012, 12:10 AM
I've always wanted to, but I feel so awkward.
This is how I feel too. I have practiced quite a lot in the past, but during the past year or so I have mostly been going out to LGBT bars and restaurants, TG support group socials, or if I go out "mainstreaming" I go with my wife and she usually does the talking. My point is, I have gotten lazy and the use it or lose it thing is right. I've kinda lost it just as I was kinda getting it. Luckily my voice is not very low to begin with so I'm sure I could do better if I tried but at the moment it's just a softer, slightly quieter, and a little bit higher version of my boy self, with a little bit of that "sing-songy" nature that women's voices sometimes have.

noeleena
08-24-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi,

The voice can be interesting have you sang in choirs then youll know your range & how to project your voice we did
Im not the sergent magor though i can get close when needed.

Other wise im not a deep base more barotone just not heavy.more softer,
When im talking people dont have a ? mark as they look at me as you know im involved with a lot of groups of people .

I never tryed to talk in a female voice because i could not be bothered, yet my voice did change so its more in keeping with who i am as a female / woman my body ajusted its self in a number of ways long before i became involved with large groups of people, strange as that may be,

any way i find it very hard to lower my vioce as iv tryed to do while talking with others, allso being intersexed did help in lots of neat ways, so yes it was lovely for that to happen.

As iv said many times im in the middle ground concerning male / female so sometimes things work in my favour.

The detail would be youd need to hear me to , to talk with me then you'd have a better idear,

Here is a point i forgot try this & it works has for me any way.

you pick where you need your voice to be ,okay, then you reset your mind to think inline where you wont your voice to be, this is odd yet my brain is where my voice is, its in unison together or working to gether,
I dont have to think about it, call me mad or what ever it works for this kid.......so thats my story.......

...noeleena...

Millie
08-24-2012, 11:41 AM
That's about the hardest thing for me to do. My female voice tends to be more gay than feminine, but its the one that I use. No one wants to hear a female that sounds like a line backer. I'd much rather sound gay.

michellecd9999
08-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I am a baritone singer, but when I am dressed (whether out or not) I can switch to my female voice. I practice it at home a lot and listen to other women. Mostly it is softer and a bit higher. Don't make the mistake of taking it tooo high or it will not sound like a GG.

Pexetta
08-24-2012, 06:22 PM
I can do a higher register quite naturally, about half an octave higher I think, but I can't go down at the end of a sentence without dropping into my usual voice. So I sound a bit like a female Dalek.

xdressed
08-24-2012, 06:26 PM
I've never really tried a female voice because I'm not at the point where I need one. I think if I looked up advice online and practised enough I could pull it off though. I think being a vocalist in a band helps with things like that

Lucypink
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I always try to do a female voice when I am out in Feme, but I thought that it sounds just like my men voice just a little higher… but last time I went out to a local club and I met a group of very nice girls and boys, which was their first time there, talking to them and joking on my dressing (I was the only one dressed in the club that night) one of the girls ask me. “ok, ok” she said… “talk with your mens voice. Can you still talk as a man?”

I was so happy when she ask me that…. So maybe I do speak as a girl, at least in clubs and with some drinks on…LOL…

Lucy.

Millie
08-25-2012, 04:10 PM
Just to follow-up on my previous post here. Are their any sites that can show you what to do to get that female voice.
Kisses Millie

michellecd9999
08-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Like anything else, just go to google and type in how to have a female voice. There are several sites with information. I have not used them so I can't swear to their usefulness!

May(be)
08-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I find that if a stranger approaches me, and I am unable to respond with sign language, I slip into a contrived voice as a defense mechanism. Even if it isn't totally convincing, I feel that I send enough mixed messages that they will still be left guessing.

This happened the other night when I was returning from my support group. I was keying into my apartment complex when a man, whom I had tried very hard to avoid to begin with, asked me if the credit card on the street was mine. "no", was all that I meekly said. Keeping brevity helps, but I kind of felt like a jerk because he was really being a good Samaritan. Not that my answer would have been "yes" had I been in guy mode, but I would have been a bit more explicit with my answer and followed up with something like ", but thanks for looking out for a stranger". I felt like a snob.

Love2Dress
08-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I've tried a couple of times, but I can't seem to get it right

Tracii G
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM
You know sign language would be a great way around having to use your femme voice.

STACY B
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I know that alot of you ladys do it well ,,, But I think thats one hill I will NEVER be able to climb ? Its easier just to let the Cat out the bag then to pretend I think ,, I can Holler loud enough to scare most folks ,,, So I just keep it quiet ,,,LOL,,,, OK,,,OK,,,, I lied ,, I let my wife talk for a min ,,, Then the cats out the bag .

Ontheotherside
08-30-2012, 08:09 PM
My BF talks in an almost cartoon voice all day to be silly. I think he could pull it off!!!

linda allen
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
You know sign language would be a great way around having to use your femme voice.

Not if you have "man hands".

linda allen
08-30-2012, 08:12 PM
A couple times when I was out, someone said good morning to me and it would have been rude to not respond. Not really having worked on a female voice, my reply must have sounded more like Michael Jackson than a GG, but noting bad happened and we all went on our ways.

STACY B
08-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I think the reason that I cant pull it off is I have talked in cartoon voices all my life joking around an I am used to it ,,,I sound like Marvin the Marshion ,,,LOL,,, Hey,, Maybe I should use my Snaggle Puss voice ,,, Like Exit ,,,, Stage left ,,,,